Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Got to play for a couple hours before the kids got home from track. I have no idea what I am doing or where I am supposed to be going and love it. Just got the axe, unlocked my first shortcut door and bought a couple abilities. There is something so satisfying in these games when you finally get to the other side of a locked door. I really can't think of any other game outside of From titles that gives "oh thank god" moments from unlocking a door.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I managed to beat the ogre, here’s a bit of fromage from the cheese master himself;

Kill the two guys before him, run up the stairs and around to the left, kill the spear guy, there is a ledge behind him to his left your right when facing said spear dude that you can drop down, when the ogre runs at you drop down, make sure he does to, run all the way back up and around and wait for the music to end.

He will walk up the stairs and I think stop, allowing you to get a stealth blow on him and getting half dead in one fell swoop

Or use skill, whatever works. Fire cracker arm also scares him and lets you get in a couple hits

I am struggling with Jozou right now. I hate the way the limbs move in this game, the arms move separately from the shoulders and the legs separately from the hip. Also the Age of Conan style models bugs me too.

I am still nit sure how I feel about this game, some of the enemy attacks are fucking bullshit on how they hit you or how they float and turn in the air. Like, more so than we are used too

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I managed to beat the ogre, here’s a bit of fromage from the cheese master himself;

Kill the two guys before him, run up the stairs and around to the left, kill the spear guy, there is a ledge behind him to his left your right when facing said spear dude that you can drop down, when the ogre runs at you drop down, make sure he does to, run all the way back up and around and wait for the music to end.

He will walk up the stairs and I think stop, allowing you to get a stealth blow on him and getting half dead in one fell swoop

Or use skill, whatever works. Fire cracker arm also scares him and lets you get in a couple hits

I am struggling with Jozou right now. I hate the way the limbs move in this game, the arms move separately from the shoulders and the legs separately from the hip. Also the Age of Conan style models bugs me too.

I am still nit sure how I feel about this game, some of the enemy attacks are fucking bullshit on how they hit you or how they float and turn in the air. Like, more so than we are used too

Kill all the dudes, talk to guy near the water tag team him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I cheesed Jozou by killing his buddies, stealthing away, and taking one orb off of him with a stealth backstab as he pathed back.

I've probably died to Lady Butterfly 30 times now though. I've gotten her down to less than 10% 10 times, at least. I went back to the training guy and completed all the training and that helped. Now it's just building the muscle memory.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got to play like an hour, love the art style and story so far. It's so intriguing that it's going to keep me playing, died to the dogs and decided to call it tonight since I'm fucking exhausted. I will start fresh on it tomorrow.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Ooooh shit son!

Just got the dude on the horse down to like one hit, his posture bar was full and throbbing like my erect gamers penis, on his last of his two shriveled orbs, make testicle joke here, and I fucking tried to darksouls roll out while blocking when I didn’t have to.

That roll has gotten me killed so many time in this game and hundreds, upon hundreds of times in Nioh.

That’s a fun fight though. It’s not hard just intimidating.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Games pretty sweet so far. Had trouble with ogre but the easiest way is get in his face and sidestep every move he
does and be super aggressive

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I regret saying he wasn’t hard, because I haven’t gotten that close since... almost and then I do something stupid, misjudge the dodge distamce and get hit, or the game decides I wasn’t actually blocking, rolling, or attacking depending on its mood.

I like the game but I’m still concerned about hitting my skill wall as I am only still in the earlier parts and struggling with every single encounter including trash. (Mostly because I am impatient, impatient with myself, and stupid)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
4 boss's down,

Headless dead also being able too use Spirit Emblems for Sugar is awesome.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Man, I was super confident in Dark Souls but I'm getting my ass blasted in this game at the moment lmao

Made it past the first few bosses relatively okay-ish with only having to do a few times, but then again it's 6 AM and I haven't slept so maybe just hit it in the morning fresh and ready to FUCK

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I cheesed Jozou by killing his buddies, stealthing away, and taking one orb off of him with a stealth backstab as he pathed back.

I've probably died to Lady Butterfly 30 times now though. I've gotten her down to less than 10% 10 times, at least. I went back to the training guy and completed all the training and that helped. Now it's just building the muscle memory.
Same. I think I'm going to try the chained ogre so I can get the first 4/4 upgrade to vitality and strength and another gourd seed.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Dancer 2.0 down,
ape guardian sans head, toughest boss yet. The prosthetic you get from it is a whistle that lets you call enemies over from hiding, it hit me that you get that in every other stealth game at the start...

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Same. I think I'm going to try the chained ogre so I can get the first 4/4 upgrade to vitality and strength and another gourd seed.
I cheesed chained ogre with a stealth kill to take off orb then I only to do enough damage to remove one orb. Just keep dodging up close and he’s pretty easy.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man I am getting destroyed in this game still. It's going to take some work before I have the instinct/memory to use the right deflect/step/jump at the right time man. Lots of dying because I zigged when I should have zagged ya know.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
At first I thought Kuro was a girl. Oh, Japan

Lol, thought it was a girl up until now as well. Maybe it's because I'm still getting over being sick but I'm having a much harder time with this compared to all the other souls games. Can handle most trash pretty easy but I am having a real hard time on the bigger mobs red attacks identifying if I should jump, b counter, dodge or deflect. I died to that spear wielding bandit in white enough times to probably doom the world with dragon rot and he isn't even a mid boss. Playing him more aggressivly than bloodborne got him down quick so maybe I need to stop playing defensivly.