Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I just want to know if its good before I purchase. Souls series is my all time favorite RPG series. But this sounds quite a bit different and I have tried to avoid most information as I don't want to be spoiled.
Might try this later but I don't like anime and chinky shit. Rather stick with Red Dead.

Souls is good. From knows how to make a game. The gameplay, rpg elements, atmosphere and lore, slightly open world shit.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I am in the same boat. Then I realized division 2 will last forever. Shadows only die twice. And we will die in division 2 a percentage of the time, but we will die 60% of the time every time in Sekiro.

I know. Right?

So grab it now and let’s all play at 11 until the sun goes down.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Might try this later but I don't like anime and chinky shit. Rather stick with Red Dead.

Souls is good. From knows how to make a game. The gameplay, rpg elements, atmosphere and lore, slightly open world shit.
Chinky shit.............................

In a japanese game

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game just gets better once you get out of the Ashina Castle area, opens up so much.

Reminds a lot of Bloodborne in its world design and all the little items you can get. Very well done game.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Game is fun as hell and boy am I bad hah.

I’m having serious FPS issues on Pro though. Like a lot worse than was in the DF video.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Runs at a rock-solid 60 fps on PC, but it's locked at 60 max.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The learning every move to succeed is even more pronounced in this game due to the Posture mechanic, so you have to learn which moves you can Parry while also learning how to react properly to the moves you cannot parry/block. This game does add a nice stealth mechanic and story to keep you interested, with the added bonus that the more you die and resurrect (you don't need to resurrect though), the bad more shit happens to the npcs you've come in contact with.
I'm still really tempted to get it. Like a moth to a flame.

Need to beat AC:Odyssey first though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Game is fun as hell and boy am I bad hah.

I’m having serious FPS issues on Pro though. Like a lot worse than was in the DF video.

Weird I am not having any issues on my Pro. (I am only in the first area though)

Does it bog down later?

xzi

Mouthbreather
So what is the consensus, can I actually use mouse & keyboard effectively or am I going to have to use a controller like every other fromsoft game?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just got to the Fatboy from the trailers. I can get him alone pretty quickly but it is taking me some time to get a handle on the deflect and parry system. Getting a lot better though! In addition to all the prosthetics and combat arts and latent/passives it's going to take some time to really be aware of what you can do at any given time.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Weird I am not having any issues on my Pro. (I am only in the first area though)

Does it bog down later?

It is somewhat intermittent. Seems to be after looting there is some slowdown while the pop up fades, quick turning the camera, and with all the fire in Hirata, grappling up on a roof and all the scenery coming in to view with four enemies on screen. Had it almost come to a halt.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It is somewhat intermittent. Seems to be after looting there is some slowdown while the pop up fades, quick turning the camera, and with all the fire in Hirata, grappling up on a roof and all the scenery coming in to view with four enemies on screen. Had it almost come to a halt.
Your PS4 need to be cleaned possibly? Maybe not properly cooling.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
You can skip all the trash on the way back to the one-armed super ninja, just look up to the left from your respawn and you'll see a grapple, from there just jump into the water and swim to the tree branch.

Oh I wasn't talking about him. I meant for the 2nd general died on my first attempt while still getting a feel for the deflect. Think I might need to switch my deflect to left trigger instead of bumper

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Even the bugs are deadly in this game:

• 1Worf

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
My strategy at this point is use deflect on every single thing until I don't suck massive dick at it.

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>
Do all the training sessions at the hub, you unlock more as you complete them.

I'm seeing a lot of complaints in other forums about not being able to dodge certain grab attacks but you're supposed to jump over those instead. The entire combat system is explained in tooltips and training sessions but I guess most people are just skipping those.