Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
So, I'm a huge fan of the Dark Souls series. 100s of hours spent in them, bought all 3 games, then the new trilogy expansion. Platinum'ed Bloodbourne.

HOWEVER.....I didn't enjoy For Honor at all. The reason I bring this up is because I didn't like the game mechanic, which was kind of like a rock-paper-scissors for stance, parrying/deflecting, etc. I understand some people enjoy the mechanic, but I found it tedious, plus now I'm an old man and my reaction times aren't what they used to be.

So that being said, I'm a little concerned with all this talk about deflecting hits and stuff, it sounds to me more like For Honor than Dark Souls.

Are my fears misguided? For those that have played both Dark Souls and For Honor, do you think my concerns are valid?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do all the training sessions at the hub, you unlock more as you complete them.

I'm seeing a lot of complaints in other forums about not being able to dodge certain grab attacks but you're supposed to jump over those instead. The entire combat system is explained in tooltips and training sessions but I guess most people are just skipping those.
Yea, watching Elajjaz play shows how poorly other streamers are playing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Definitely need more RPMs.

Like with a cloth??

After you clear the cache and rebuild the database, blow on the front really hard for 34 seconds. Restart. You’ll be golden.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, I'm a huge fan of the Dark Souls series. 100s of hours spent in them, bought all 3 games, then the new trilogy expansion. Platinum'ed Bloodbourne.

HOWEVER.....I didn't enjoy For Honor at all. The reason I bring this up is because I didn't like the game mechanic, which was kind of like a rock-paper-scissors for stance, parrying/deflecting, etc. I understand some people enjoy the mechanic, but I found it tedious, plus now I'm an old man and my reaction times aren't what they used to be.

So that being said, I'm a little concerned with all this talk about deflecting hits and stuff, it sounds to me more like For Honor than Dark Souls.

Are my fears misguided? For those that have played both Dark Souls and For Honor, do you think my concerns are valid?

It ain't like that. It just has a way more complex combat system than Soulsborne. You can dodge/deflect/parry anything but you need to know what to use at the right time. Your skills are also ever expanding as you unlock more shit so your toolkit gets pretty massive.

That said. It does feel bad fucking ass to successfully parry and deflect some boss to a killing blow.

If I were to call it anything its reminds me of fighting NPC hunters in Bloodborne and NPC's in Dark Souls. The streamers are terrible at the game right now too. Most of them are getting absolutely destroyed. And I thought I was doing badly but holy shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
i Was watching HeyZeauItsToast play this... he rushed through, doesn’t stealth, didn’t find half the shit, basically ignores half the game mechanics, and tries to play like it’s bloodborne.

He was on the fat drunkard for four hours, I watched for about an hour and then stopped because his stubborn commitment to playing the game in the exact opposite way it appears it was meant to be was triggering the hell out of me. He was complaining about the dudes with plans while and complaint about how you need an axe to beat them, an axe I guess he missed and then decided he will never need or want.

Then I bought it...

I’m such a fucking idiot, sheep and addict.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its worth it.

I like how you can either fight toe-to-toe or stealth-kill people. I also like that the stealth aspect isn't too over done. Its nice that if you mess up doing stealth shenanigans, you can just say "fuck it" and whip their ass.

It always annoyed me in other games that if I ruined the stealth aspect, I had to run off and find a spot to hide again or I screwed up everything.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just beat the raging bull thingy. It's a miniboss but it took me like 12 tries. It was the hardest fight so far for me compared to the other bosses/minibosses that were okay.

I found that hidden headloss demon boss by the castle stairs (i think) but I noped out of that one... for now.

Fedor

<Banned>
Reposting this without a spoiler since the game's out and you've already seen this miniboss in the trailers anyway:

I keep seeing people spamming dodge and complaining about getting hit. Sekiro introduced a dedicated jump button and it's an actual part of combat so you should definitely use it.

The video shows how you can avoid sweeping/grabbing attacks by jumping and then dealing massive posture damage by jumping again. All of this is also explained in the training area and you can even practice this exact move there.

He beat the miniboss in ~30 seconds while it took several minutes for streamers who tried to play it like dark souls or bloodborne.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Getting timings down on some enemies is what is fucking with me, also going to switch my block/deflect to me left triggered instead of bumper

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This game is fucking hard, everyone has dragon rot now even people I haven't even found yet.
Lightning lord can eat a dick, I killed him but it was ugly as fuck.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This game is fucking hard, everyone has dragon rot now even people I haven't even found yet.
Lightning lord can eat a dick, I killed him but it was ugly as fuck.

Everyone will be rotted and dead by the time I get to the jozou drunkard... and I could go to him right now.

I am not hating this game but I dislike how slow everything feels but that could be because I have been playing Nioh so much. I am, naturally, having trouble with the timings in this game but right now I could give a fuck.

I am cheesy. Kill a guy, run away, wait for agro to drop, kill another guy or two, wash rinse and repeat.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ultrawide mod I posted earlier is now working great. No more janky borders when stealthed, etc.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Chinky shit.............................

In a japanese game
Japanese games without chinky shit

jpg

0ed3b8875619abde7b7c7bda86b64b1d.jpg

shadow-of-the-colossus-remake-reiew-old-colossus-720x720.jpg

WP1qaFJ-796x448.jpg

fshareaction-dark-souls-iii-ringed-city%2B%25289%2529.jpg

And hundreds more.

The art style is unmistakably japanese but they're not full of ninjas and osaka castles and shit. Don't like anime at all but I can dig samurais and whatnot up to a degree.

Don't care for sekiro's faulty armor aesthetic but from what I've heard the gameplay is challenging as expected.

• 1Salty
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Whelp found the reused model for the dancer from DS3...well not so much the model as in the moves.
kill the guardian ape, my body wasn't ready for part 2