Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Beat 2 more minibosses, but still haven't beat LB. Thought the chained ogre was really easy. I'm so bad I've died to the giant snake stealth part!

Fedor

<Banned>
I've probably died to Lady Butterfly 30 times now though. I've gotten her down to less than 10% 10 times, at least. I went back to the training guy and completed all the training and that helped. Now it's just building the muscle memory.

Beat 2 more minibosses, but still haven't beat LB. Thought the chained ogre was really easy. I'm so bad I've died to the giant snake stealth part!

The game literally tells you how to destroy her and I'm convinced that most players (soulsbourne veterans and newcomers alike) simply aren't reading shit.

This pops up as soon as the fight starts for the first time: (it's also a move that you should have already practiced with Hanbei)

Q0IdvrP.png

This was the first prosthetic tool you picked up: (the last sentence is the important part)

stmt34X.png

I beat her on my first attempt and didn't even have to heal once or use any snap seeds. Just attack a few times, do the dodge counter, and repeat. Knock her off the wires or out of the air with a shuriken for more free hits.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The game literally tells you how to destroy her and I'm convinced that most players (soulsbourne veterans and newcomers alike) simply aren't reading shit.

This pops up as soon as the fight starts for the first time: (it's also a move that you should have already practiced with Hanbei)

Q0IdvrP.png

This was the first prosthetic tool you picked up: (the last sentence is the important part)

stmt34X.png

I beat her on my first attempt and didn't even have to heal once or use any snap seeds. Just attack a few times and do the dodge counter. Knock her off the wires or out of the air with a shuriken for more free hits.
Yeah, I’ve been stubbornly trying to play this like blood borne and am just now finally getting the hang of the pace. Instead of mashing attack, I’m watching the enemy, attacking a couple times, patiently defending and waiting for a chance to exploit and counter attack. Dunno why it’s so hard for me to just adjust to the rhythm of the combat. It feels really good and well designed when I actually do it, but ten years of muscle memory is a bitch to overcome I guess.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have no peers to talk to about certain events so going to bounce from this thread for a bit, unless I get asked a direct question. Reflecting multi hit combos is akin to Legend of Dragoon, get into that Rhythm and become a god. Gust of wind dance!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You can run past them dude.

Not past the 2 shield guys right before the shinobi hunter, they aggro on you while fighting him. So I get to spend 5 mins fighting the shield guys every single time because they just won't attack you and that's the only way to get past their defense.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
TLDR version: game is 8/10 but the flaws it has may be the kind that ruin the experience for you, or you might love however I do not.

————

This game is wearing on me. Kill some trash, find some trash, spend maybe a hour doing that in a new area, and then get stuck on a boss for a couple hours. The best part is exploring with the grapple hook and you only do that intermittently before the game turns back into a watered down version of bloodborne.

There is little variance to the game play and each boss just feel like a faster, cheaper, harder version of a previous one.

The further I get in this game the more I realize I am just playing it because I don’t hate it and want to beat it. I don’t care about the story which is boring, the characters are boring, and the combat has gotten boring because it’s always the same and a tiny mistake is often fatal.

This feels like a game meant to be watched played by streamers doing challenges and other shit most people will never do, not one actually played by regular gamers.

All that said it’s not a bad game, just not a great one. It’s greatest strength is the grapple hook, and you barely use the damned thing, and the game tends to play into its own weaknesses instead of strengths.

This is, of course, just my opinion. If you are loving it the awesome, I don’t blame you, but I’m finding this game too narrow and too lacking in the illusion if options and alternatives.

But that’s just my opinion, and maybe after a few more bosses my opinion will change again.

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Not past the 2 shield guys right before the shinobi hunter, they aggro on you while fighting him. So I get to spend 5 mins fighting the shield guys every single time because they just won't attack you and that's the only way to get past their defense.

Come back once you get the axe.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Get the Axe and you one shot them lol. Also open the shortcut gate so you don't have to go around to the shield guys each time, its a straight shot up the long alley from the idol.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Q0IdvrP.png

stmt34X.png

I beat her on my first attempt and didn't even have to heal once or use any snap seeds. Just attack a few times, do the dodge counter, and repeat. Knock her off the wires or out of the air with a shuriken for more free hits.
I try that man. I just suck

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Get the Axe and you one shot them lol. Also open the shortcut gate so you don't have to go around to the shield guys each time, its a straight shot up the long alley from the idol.
You can absolutely hide from the shield dudes. If they aggro you just go on top of the building or the tree undeer the bridge and they'll deaggro

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You can absolutely hide from the shield dudes. If they aggro you just go on top of the building or the tree undeer the bridge and they'll deaggro
Yup, I just run past them and jump into the river or onto the tree. The ninja hunter/spear dude took me a few attempts and the shield guys never interfered.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I killed shinobi first try since I had just done the Mikri Technique training with Hanbei. Which totally destroys his ass. 99% certain I just axed those two shield guys.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I thought I explored everything, not sure how I missed the axe. I had opened the gate.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I thought I explored everything, not sure how I missed the axe. I had opened the gate.

From the shortcut gate you opened there's a little house on the right side with the axe in it. Right side if you are facing up the alley from the gate.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Q0IdvrP.png

stmt34X.png

We got a badass over here dot jpeg

Honestly though, we've been trained to ignore loading screens and item descriptions (well, they give lore in souls). Good to see it being used this way

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oh the other thing is just hold block, holding block recovers your posture super fast. Hold block on everything but the big swings, try to deflect those or dodge/jump. Doing this you should never fill your meter on mini bosses.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Deflect what you can, block what you can't, jump for sweeps to land on their head, dodge grabs

Winner is you

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The flame prosthetic is not far from that area too. Firecracker mod is up on a cliff before the ogre dude.

Firecracker mod is crazy fun to use against enemies and trivializes a couple fights.

Fedor

<Banned>
We got a badass over here dot jpeg

Honestly though, we've been trained to ignore loading screens and item descriptions (well, they give lore in souls). Good to see it being used this way

Not only are people skipping that tooltip, they're actually editing it out in some youtube videos that I've seen. That's how fucking dumb the Sekiro community is right now. The game tells you how to beat her and some people are taking the time to manually remove that part of the video before uploading.

I'm talking about videos of people's first attempts (including the cutscene) since that's the only time you'll get the tooltip.