Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've never played Bloodborne, but recently toughed it out through Lords of the Fallen and while there were some things I really disliked compared to the Souls series having the linear story/approach kept me on pace to actually finish the game in a timely manner and kept me from looking up anything so I'm definitely in that market.

I don't always want to wander aimlessly and then get punished by a cheap death that takes hour(s) to recover from.

No death in souls takes hours to recover from. Unless you repeatedly die on the way back and you're like the perfect equidistance from any shortcut and even then you being dramatic son.

But yeah. Play bloodborne. Any issue I ever had with a souls game is infinitely improved in BB.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Bro, get Bloodborne. It is literally amazing.

They would need to release it for PC or drop its exclusivity. I got rid of all my consoles aside from a relatively recent purchase of XBox1X since I was tired of having paperweights for 95% of the year.

No death in souls takes hours to recover from. Unless you repeatedly die on the way back and you're like the perfect equidistance from any shortcut and even then you being dramatic son.

But yeah. Play bloodborne. Any issue I ever had with a souls game is infinitely improved in BB.

Yeah I am being dramatic, but it feels that way sometimes when frustrated. Hollow Knight however legit made me rage quit after losing a couple hours of progress due to me not saving. It's buried deep in my shame pile/backlog now =O

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I seriously can't recommend bloodborne enough. Lord knows dude I raged and was basically trapped in the first Central Yharnam area. Took me 13 hours of play to start figuring shit out.

Then once you do. It's absolutely fucking amazing. My number two game of all time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Activision is the Publisher not Microsoft, probably will be on the Blizzard app like Destiny garbage 2...

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It was a Xbox1 trailer, so I think that means PC as well. I thought Microsoft said any Xbox game would hit PC as well.

The end of the trailer that Fedor linked said Xbox/PS4/Steam..

Also I'm so fucking hyped.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Everything we know so far | PC Gamer

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is not an RPG. There are no stats to level up and no armor or weapons to collect and equip. There are no classes to choose from. There is no multiplayer of any kind. You'll have no souls to reclaim after dying, and—from the looks of it—no checkpoint bonfires to kindle.

The character always wields the same katana in his right hand, but his left hand can swap between a ton of tools that have offensive and utilitarian uses. An axe, for example, might help you destroy enemy shields. The demo showcased a Shinobi Firecracker, which could stun enemies, as well as a torch addon that could set them alight. There's also a shield that can block damage.

These tools will combo with your sword attacks in surprising ways. During the demo, the player thrust his katana through his torch-arm, igniting it so each swing would deal fire damage.

It's hard not to want to read into the "Shadows Die Twice" part of Sekiro's name. From Software wasn't willing to explain it in depth, but there is an entirely new death system at play here. Instead of restarting at a checkpoint, when you die you can revive yourself and immediately jump back into combat. The crazy part: as soon as you die your enemies will lose interest in you and go back to what they were doing. This turns death "into an opportunity" to surprise enemies by reviving when they don't expect it and getting in a few instakills.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Really!?!??!? No stats / weapons / armor????? Fuck, I hope thats not the case.....I love FromSoft but that's a drastic change, in a bad way in my opinion.

I hope I am wrong and end up pleasantly surprised but no longer a day one purchase for me.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

A drastic change from what? It's a new IP. These guys don't have to do Souls like game for all eternity.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
*gasp* an actual story based game by FROM Software ... your gonna sit there and bitch about character customization... this isn't Soulsborne this is something new don't buy it if you dont want it..

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Bitching? Naw not rly if its good I'll definitely play it, but was hoping for a sort of bloodborne esque new twist with definite differences and in a samurai era.

Then again, I was also one of the ones mad at the amount of weapons in BB and I loved that game after all, so who knows? Just said I wasnt automatically in; Still interested and will keep an eye on new info.

Fedor

<Banned>
japanese smough

pc gamer article said:
This all comes together in boss battles, which look more challenging than ever. Near the end of the demo, we were ambushed by the Corrupted Monk, a terrifyingly large woman with a naginata. True to Dark Souls, she came at us with an agile barrage of attacks that, with the help of the Kanji characters appearing above our heads, could be predicted and dodged or blocked.

image.jpg

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Game actually looks so sick, i didnt even notice the different 'arm attachments' or whatever on first viewing