Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Zindan

<Donors Crew>
12d 5h 43m
Reactions
1,206 63 0 0
Seen lots of gameplay out of Gamescom:

Bloodborne+Nioh = Awesome.

Last edited:

Droigan

Lord Nagafen Raider
11d 6h 35m
Reactions
302 26 0 0
That looks amazing. Bloodborne, but faster. Not Nioh, but similar. Or as they also say in the video that it is kind of like Ninja Gaiden, only it is very clear FromSoftware made it.

Not only a day one purchase, but a pre-order, pre-load open up at midnight and be tired the next day at work purchase.

Dandai

Often mistaken for Paul Allen
<Donors Crew>
20d 9h 44m
Reactions
1,047 45 0 0
I definitely appreciate Vaati's take on it. Not terribly surprising that Sekiro is shaping up to be another world class experience delivered by From.

StoiCynic

Lord Nagafen Raider
7d 17m
Reactions
219 16 0 0
This is looking freaking amazing, can't wait.

TJT

Adrenaline Junkie
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
34,715 868 0 0
Fuck yeah son.

Chanur

Not Soygen
<Donor All-Stars>
34d 3h 51m
Reactions
7,518 778 0 0
I like almost everything I heard except for certain mobs and all bosses requiring viscerals to be killed. This seems like the kind of thing that will really restrict play styles and will get old having to see that 3 second animation over and over and over. That being said FromSoft has given me some of the best games I have ever played so I am sure this will be great.

Dandai

Often mistaken for Paul Allen
<Donors Crew>
20d 9h 44m
Reactions
1,047 45 0 0
Amod Amod can we get a thread title change to “Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice” please? Maybe keep the (From Software) too?

Springbok

I'm rich, biaaaaatch
<Donors Crew>
18d 21h 21m
Reactions
2,062 274 0 0
Considering I LOVED Nioh (not on the level of DS2, BB, etc, but a really good experience to me); this is looking like it could be GOTG, as BB was before it. Trying to keep expectations in check, but hard not to get excited when the best studio on earth is making a game in this genre......

Folanlron

Lord Nagafen Raider
5d 5h 4m
Reactions
207 12 0 0
I like almost everything I heard except for certain mobs and all bosses requiring viscerals to be killed. This seems like the kind of thing that will really restrict play styles and will get old having to see that 3 second animation over and over and over. That being said FromSoft has given me some of the best games I have ever played so I am sure this will be great.
Someone stated that there is mutiple way's too visceral enemies, he also stated that the 1 boss they were allowed too fight, but couldn't show was a lot of "fun" take it for what's it worth, seems to be another hit by Miyazaki hah

Last edited:

MightyMadman

Knight of the Realm
2d 13h 5m
Reactions
279 66 0 0
Looks fun, the vertically and stealth looks like a unique way to play

spronk

FPS noob
<Donors Crew>
14d 3h 12m
Reactions
4,948 491 0 0
I preordered the collectors edition in store at gamestop, its "only" $90 which is pretty decent price diff from regular edition for all the extra stuff you get

I'd do it in store though ($5 deposit) and not online, gamestop sucks ass at shipping stuff to your house and you prepay the full amount i think if you buy it online
https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/g...ce-collectors-edition-only-at-gamestop/167276
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/...ce-collectors-edition-only-at-gamestop/167275

The statue is probably gonna be asstastic but it'll be kinda funny to see how bad it is

Folanlron

Lord Nagafen Raider
5d 5h 4m
Reactions
207 12 0 0
Looks like Vaati will be streaming it live tormorrow sometime during Gamescon, can't wait.

Last edited:

Namon

<Donors Crew>
12d 2h 22m
Reactions
1,368 39 0 0
Hmmm From games had a certain level of charm for me that gave me the same vibe as when I first played EQ. Seeing all the tutorial pop ups and visual prompts was off putting for me. Also I'm one of those who loved the RPG side of those games, so I am not real excited to see that part completely removed for this one.

I won't say the game looks bad, because it really doesn't. It is just the Soulseborne games were a very unique experience, and with this being more mainstream in presentation and straight up action, that uniqueness is now gone. This would be an easier pill to swallow if it was certain they were going to continue that blend of action and RPG in other games in the future.

Vorph

Trakanon Raider
Reactions
1,435 63 0 0
Hmmm From games had a certain level of charm for me that gave me the same vibe as when I first played EQ. Seeing all the tutorial pop ups and visual prompts was off putting for me.
Always a chance that kind of shit can be turned off in the options.

Also I'm one of those who loved the RPG side of those games, so I am not real excited to see that part completely removed for this one.

I won't say the game looks bad, because it really doesn't. It is just the Soulseborne games were a very unique experience, and with this being more mainstream in presentation and straight up action, that uniqueness is now gone. This would be an easier pill to swallow if it was certain they were going to continue that blend of action and RPG in other games in the future.
Agreed, and Activision being the publisher still makes me extremely skeptical too. They're as bad as EA at ruining anything they touch.

Namon

<Donors Crew>
12d 2h 22m
Reactions
1,368 39 0 0
Always a chance that kind of shit can be turned off in the options.

Agreed, and Activision being the publisher still makes me extremely skeptical too. They're as bad as EA at ruining anything they touch.
As far as that goes (Activision), I'm not that concerned. They are literally just printing the discs and cases and sending it all out for a cut. This isn't like the Bandai Namco deal with Dark Souls or Sony Japan's on Bloodborne, where they actually have some creative control. From is self publishing this in Japan and another company (forget the name) is doing Mainland Asia. Activision is handling NA and Europe's publishing.

As far as turning off in options, that would be cool, but I still just don't really feel like this game will be for me. I'll do what I did with God of War, I'll wait a month or two to see how everyone reacts to it and then play it if it gets the same great word of mouth. I'm alredy getting it day 1 as my kid absolutely fell in love with the gameplay videos yesterday.

Zindan

<Donors Crew>
12d 5h 43m
Reactions
1,206 63 0 0
I get what you're saying, but I think this poise system makes sense, make use of parries / attacks to make then off balance so that you can get a critical hit in.

Folanlron

Lord Nagafen Raider
5d 5h 4m
Reactions
207 12 0 0
After the whole cuphead debacle I really don't blame FROM adding in basic tutorial message's in the demo for a game...