Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was, originally, fairly interested in watching speed runs of this however that has changed completely. I saw Elijasz or however it is spelled working on a skip that would bypass the Blazing Bull.

“Cool” I thought, I use speedrun strats for shit I find annoying, difficult, or just don’t want to do. Not to speed run, of course but just because in many cases it’s just an easier way of doing certain things. The problem came with how he was doing it.

He was playing on PC and using a third party program that removed the textures of many meshes and instead showed their designating colour. For example there is a mesh on edges that stops you from walking off but not sprinting or jumping off. It’s green.

As far as I am concerned that’s cheating, using a third party program is always cheating. I don’t care if it was just for routing and finding skips, it’s still cheating. I know most people won’t care but no mater how I might abuse the game’s ai, use cheesy tactics, or just generally suck at games I won’t cheat.

Just really got under my skin however I am not going to go posting my outrage at speedsouls or try and get runs with skips banned from gdq, I am just curious if I am the only one that thinks that is dirty and cheating.
Ehhhh this is how they all do it man. Just don't use those strats if you don't want to

Still not very far. At the genichiero first fight and nearly one shot him then called it quits because NyQuil kicked in. So far my hardest boss? That seven Spears guy. Just for some reason I can't get him.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ehhhh this is how they all do it man. Just don't use those strats if you don't want to

Still not very far. At the genichiero first fight and nearly one shot him then called it quits because NyQuil kicked in. So far my hardest boss? That seven Spears guy. Just for some reason I can't get him.

That house the Seven Spears guy is at is the one you first saved the heir. You can sneak around the whole outside of that reservoir area and eventually get into the house behind him, then backstab his ass for a free fatality.

You can throw down some firecrackers to disrupt him. He's definitely a jerk, though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That house the Seven Spears guy is at is the one you first saved the heir. You can sneak around the whole outside of that reservoir area and eventually get into the house behind him, then backstab his ass for a free fatality.

You can throw down some firecrackers to disrupt him. He's definitely a jerk, though.
Yeah I always take the free hit. I need to use firecrackers. I just can't cope with his combat style

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I suck at this game and can't get past the ogre. I had him down to a sliver of health and died on 5th attempt. So I went and got the flame thrower ;) Nice stuns. That should help round this guy out.

Use the sugar that that makes you harder to detect. Run right to the side of him and you should be able to get a stealth deathblow. With that you can simply just use the vent, wack him a few times and repeat.

You can do much the same with the second ogre later on. Just fall deathblow on top of him then use the charged flame barrel get you wacks in and repeat.

My friend got frustrated with deflecting and is just cheesing the whole game and came up/found a bunch of ways to cheese a huge amount of bosses. Like he killed true corrupted monk. Using that detection sugar, and ceremonial tanto before that fight.. Go up into the trees and stealth deathblow, go back up and repeat to get to his last form. eat a attack power candy immediately if you want. Otherwise just use firecrackers 2-3 hits and repeat until he's dead without even throwing an attack.

Apparently Shadowrush is great if your having trouble with stuff and makes the harder boss sword fights in the end much easier if you can't deflect well. I got Ashina Cross instead and it's a cool skill but not super useful unless you have a decent window to punish a boss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Use the sugar that that makes you harder to detect. Run right to the side of him and you should be able to get a stealth deathblow. With that you can simply just use the vent, wack him a few times and repeat.

You can do much the same with the second ogre later on. Just fall deathblow on top of him then use the charged flame barrel get you wacks in and repeat.

My friend got frustrated with deflecting and is just cheesing the whole game and came up/found a bunch of ways to cheese a huge amount of bosses. Like he killed true corrupted monk. Using that detection sugar, and ceremonial tanto before that fight.. Go up into the trees and stealth deathblow, go back up and repeat to get to his last form. eat a attack power candy immediately if you want. Otherwise just use firecrackers 2-3 hits and repeat until he's dead without even throwing an attack.

Apparently Shadowrush is great if your having trouble with stuff and makes the harder boss sword fights in the end much easier if you can't deflect well. I got Ashina Cross instead and it's a cool skill but not super useful unless you have a decent window to punish a boss.

There's a mini boss eventually at the place later in the game where you got the Mushin Arts. I wasn't expecting him and ran away, he followed me all the way up to the door up the hill but he wouldn't follow through. I was curious if you could just cheese it and turns out you absolutely can, he can't go past the door so you can just jab him for like 3 minutes until he finally dies lmao. It's not even that hard of a fight, but I was like.. may as well just get some free beads

• 1Worf

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
After that Satan Superman thing I saw flying at people and one shotting them, cheese the game anytime you get a chance!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I finally beat that ogre. :) thanks tips.

Just found the snake. Jesus.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
The boss density in this game is insane. I know many can be worked around or skipped entirely but holy shit. It feels like fifteen minutes of gameplay/running around before the inevitable encounter with another boss/mini boss.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Finally got to put some time into this. Beat a handful of mini bosses. Should I spend prayer beads on health or damage early on? This part was pretty fuckin' wicked.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got to put some time into this. Beat a handful of mini bosses. Should I spend prayer beads on health or damage early on? This part was pretty fuckin' wicked.

Prayer beads only work on health. You need to kill bosses for attack power upgrades.

Get all the prayer beads you can. You will need the health... Although i sort of wonder if the damage of mobs is scaled or at least partly scaled by your current max vitality.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Best corrupted monk on my first try and guardian ape on my fourth tonight. I'm getting slightly gud, except now trash mobs rape me.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Finished this last night, yay very curious if there gonna do any DLC, with the Purification ending some good story will probably come out it.

Dragon Mask is fun, once you get all the skills your gonna need for the game, wondering what the cap is for atk though lol

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Finished this last night, yay very curious if there gonna do any DLC, with the Purification ending some good story will probably come out it.

Dragon Mask is fun, once you get all the skills your gonna need for the game, wondering what the cap is for atk though lol

When I stoppes playing I had 24 attack and needed like 30k for a skill point.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I just have the last boss and demon of hatred left, I haven’t fought demon yet and only tried the last part once. Killed the first part, got annihalted the second. It actually went much better than expected. I also have one or two of those terror orb summoning guys (those orbs look awesome) and a few headless but I’m not sure I give a shit enough to kill them.

I am salty about being locked out of my last 2 prayer beads because I didn’t know about exact specific eavesdropping locations. Super salty. I’m not sure I want to play ng+ to get them but I wont feel like I completed the game unless I do. Gamer ocd is a bitch, that’s not a complaint about the game. Just a personal annoyance.

This game wouldn’t be getting as much praise, nor it’s flaws so overlooked, if it hadn’t been made by From Software. It’s good but not great.

7/10, final review. Awesome graphics, boring art direction. Good voice work, not great. Good music, sound is okay. Solid game, very few overt glitches, bugs, freezes, or crashes. Limited replay, extra endings will excite some more than others so ymmv there. Almost completely lacking in atmosphere. Edit: Camera turns to shit when you are near a wall. The world is just there and doesn’t really suck you in however when it does look really nice. Story is mediocre, characters are cool and your Dad’s braid is like the eighth wonder of the world and at one point becomes sentient and transports you to a land of magic and fantastical beasts. Grapple and stealth are under utilized and under developed. Good, but not great. Maybe even very good, but definitely not great. just my opinion.

Last edited:

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
My souls hierarchy (including off brand souls)

Bloodborne
Dark Souls
Sekiro
Nioh
Dark Souls 3
Demon Souls
Surge
Dark Souls 2
Lords of the Fallen

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I see this game as FROM breaking away from the whole "souls" all the time, there is some souls like quality's in this game but there minor and have more to do with story(as usual).

But once you get the hang of the deflect/posture systems the game is just fun to speed thru. Owl(Father) though is still a pain in the ass, that damn spirit owl he summons is really annoying(but once you figure it out, it's easy cheese hah)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don’t think I’ll ever really like the original dark souls, fuck having to run back and forth everywhere until you get the lordvessel. Even then the bonfires are limited

• 1Dislike

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think that's one of the things that made the first Dark Souls great in my opinion. All the other Souls games use a main hub, but the 1st Dark Souls game makes you feel like you don't really have a home for a while, and you're there clinging to every bonfire for security.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users