Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I've been massively sick for over a week now. Probably should see a doctor but instead I gamed

The fuck is the doctor going to tell you? Take it easy and try to avoid contact. Sounds like another way of saying game.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm diabetic so whenever I get really sick I get a little worried. But you're right. He'd probably tell me to git gud

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I managed to persuade a female friend who has never played soulsborne/hasnt even used a controller/basically just uses pc for overwatch to pick this up, and guided her out of the first ashina area and the estate, evidence for me that the hardest thing about the souls games are the first couple of hours, and the main boss is your own determination and willingness to modify your playing style and approach things differently (also being able to put it down and come back later is pretty huge) She started off calling it masochistic, talking about how it made her angry and she would never get past the spear guy. Now she's derping about and just picked the heal skill on deathblow and loving it.

For anyone who is new to the series and is overwhelmed, trust that the first few hours of these games are always the worst and that as it branches out you get different skills, abilities, and extra items which give the game a lot more depth and it gets way more forgiving (and more fun too!). Im actually at the point now where I think fromsoft just make the areas in the starting zone on the overtuned side of things to maintain its reputation and provide clickbait (rather than for teaching purposes). I actually had to say to her that the difficulty doesn't stay the same as in the starting areas because no-one would fucking play it

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Eh, I don’t agree that the difficulty doesn’t stay the same. The world layout and design is pretty consistent imo. What changes is how you approach encounters as you get more experienced and have more tools.

How many of us cried about the first bonfire area in Bloodborne? That shit was impossible until we figured out that we should single pull and handle them one at a time. Sekiro is fundamentally no different.

Fedor

<Banned>

author:

james-davenport.jpeg

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Seeing the fight in slow motion admittedly would be pretty cool, visually.

But like, you can still cheese the FUCK out of the last boss without cheats, it just takes a long time from what I've seen

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Seeing the fight in slow motion admittedly would be pretty cool, visually.

But like, you can still cheese the FUCK out of the last boss without cheats, it just takes a long time from what I've seen

Jesus titty fucking Christ even I didn’t get that cheesy in this game. Well... okay that is exactly how I fought corrupted monk, I didn’t know the cheese then, and guardian ape and demon of hatred... but I’m far less cheesy on ng+ ( I want those last two beads)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wiped to Argus nearly 500 times and it was a 12 minute fight. This guy is a pussy

• 1Worf

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Finally beat Guardian Ape today after a 4 day dead end with him. Have been able to get him to phase 2 without needing to heal once for a couple days but it seemed like one missed parry in phase 2 and I was comboed to death. Was kind of nice though as I went back through most areas and found some ground spawn beads, finished a couple NPC quests and unlocked a ton of prosthetic upgrades. Was interesting as clearing through old areas looking for missed items and paths I found a bunch of random samurai ghost mobs. You could kill them without the confetti equipped, didn't notice any note worthy drops but they gave almost 700xp a pop and were easy kills.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got busy last week but will focus on finishing the game this week before the new job starts.

Huzzah!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Finally beat Guardian Ape today after a 4 day dead end with him. Have been able to get him to phase 2 without needing to heal once for a couple days but it seemed like one missed parry in phase 2 and I was comboed to death. Was kind of nice though as I went back through most areas and found some ground spawn beads, finished a couple NPC quests and unlocked a ton of prosthetic upgrades. Was interesting as clearing through old areas looking for missed items and paths I found a bunch of random samurai ghost mobs. You could kill them without the confetti equipped, didn't notice any note worthy drops but they gave almost 700xp a pop and were easy kills.

Where are the samurai ghost mobs? I need to start leveling. I'm on the second Guardian Ape fight with the girlfriend after wiping to the gun miniboss about 15 times, lol. Had to put it down when I saw the second ape pop up in phase 2. Ugh.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Where are the samurai ghost mobs? I need to start leveling. I'm on the second Guardian Ape fight with the girlfriend after wiping to the gun miniboss about 15 times, lol. Had to put it down when I saw the second ape pop up in phase 2. Ugh.

One is right at the elevator in the dungeon that takes you to Mibu village and three were in an area past I think the great serpent shrine. It's the warp point next to the room Tengu moves to or a one armed ninja depending on where you are at in the game. If you look out you can see a hill you can grapple to and just keep following until you come to some Buddha statues. There were some gunner mobs around them as well if I remember. By the way at the Mibu village way point you can stealth kill the one armed ninja in the cave for 680 and than clear Mibu for a few k in about 10 miuntes hit the water wheel checkpoint and repeat in the other direction. I grinded out about 10 points in an hour or two there for the drop rate passives.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I went from killing Lady Butterfly on my first attempt to dying like 10 times to that goddamn purple ninja with a sword. Having to fight in that tiny cave sucks dick.

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>
I went from killing Lady Butterfly on my first attempt to dying like 10 times to that goddamn purple ninja with a sword. Having to fight in that tiny cave sucks dick.

If you're talking about the one in the well from the start of the game then you can immediately take one of his hp bars with a stealth deathblow from above.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If you're talking about the one in the well from the start of the game then you can immediately take one of his hp bars with a stealth deathblow from above.
Yeah, I did that and eventually killed him.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Manned up and played again last night. Got Owl down after about 9 tries and first attempt at getting him to his second life. Felt good finally realizing how to handle his attacks

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Watched distortion2 do a bunch of practice on the translucent corrupted monk fight. Basically with ash and snap seeds she can be moved far enough back that you can then wall jump off a rock and insta-deathblow the boss. I can't find a clip because I'm at work but it blew my mind. Makes the fight take 15s.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good god how do you fight that asshole in the bottom of the forgotten dungeon? Purple shit spam is real! I barely was even able to touch him on multiple attempts.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I've just gathered enough mats to take one of the prosthetics to max...anyone played around with all and have a preference for which is most fun and/or useful?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Good god how do you fight that asshole in the bottom of the forgotten dungeon? Purple shit spam is real! I barely was even able to touch him on multiple attempts.

You also find him after fighting the second Guardian Ape. Imagine my surprise after wiping to the ape 20 times, get the idol, only to find out you can't warp to that idol cause of that stupid fucking mini boss.