Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so i fucked up.... and now i am desperatly trying to see if it's still possible.
I am pretty much at the end of the game, going for all 4 endings, i have a backup save before talkign to owl so i can go back and do Shura later.
However, i killed the divine dragon before goign to the alternate hirata estate and now there are 2 mini bosses there and owl there that i can never get to. Plus my last 2 prayer beads.
I've cleared every mini boss and boss in the game untill this point and did not realize it till too late. I have almost every prostetic upgraded to max (can't do all 4 of the Lapiz ones cause you can only get 6 lapiz per game, need 12 to upgrade all).
So, does anyone know any way to get to the alternate hirate estate after you killed the divine dragon? (oddly i do have a save before i killed him, but i have done SO much after that, that i do not want to load that up, including over 30k of exp farming, all upgrades, all miniboss fights. To redo that would be very discouraging)

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
so i fucked up.... and now i am desperatly trying to see if it's still possible.
I am pretty much at the end of the game, going for all 4 endings, i have a backup save before talkign to owl so i can go back and do Shura later.
However, i killed the divine dragon before goign to the alternate hirata estate and now there are 2 mini bosses there and owl there that i can never get to. Plus my last 2 prayer beads.
I've cleared every mini boss and boss in the game untill this point and did not realize it till too late. I have almost every prostetic upgraded to max (can't do all 4 of the Lapiz ones cause you can only get 6 lapiz per game, need 12 to upgrade all).
So, does anyone know any way to get to the alternate hirate estate after you killed the divine dragon? (oddly i do have a save before i killed him, but i have done SO much after that, that i do not want to load that up, including over 30k of exp farming, all upgrades, all miniboss fights. To redo that would be very discouraging)

Did you check the chest by the undead trainer dude?

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
not for a while, i did put him to rest when i got the mortal blade though. so unsure if that makes a difference
what should be in there?

Stuff that you can buy from vendors who are no longer available or items in areas you can no longer access. Not sure how it works exactly as I have never had to use it but I have seen speedrunners access it to buy things from vendors who are no longer in the game world

The box works independent of the trainer so if you think you have vendors you can no longer access give it a check and rule it out.

Also, the anti air deathblow doesn’t work 99% of the time and the only reason I say 99% is because I have read people saying it works but have never seen it in action. I like watching other people play this game and struggle becaus wit reminds me that it wasn’t just that was bad, just, it is also because the age is challenging and has some issues.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
yea, the 2 items i want wont show up in that chest... 2 prayer beads and 1 memory. As these are the only items i'm missing because i did not go to the alternate Hirata Estate before killing the divine dragon. That's what i'm trying to see, if going there is still possible at all. :(

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I got the anti-air deathblow from the shrine near the undead trainer dude for sure. I've used that ability against those annoying ball-kickers in the Divine Palace.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
yea, the 2 items i want wont show up in that chest... 2 prayer beads and 1 memory. As these are the only items i'm missing because i did not go to the alternate Hirata Estate before killing the divine dragon. That's what i'm trying to see, if going there is still possible at all. :(

Oh, yeah those won’t show up. I missed them to and am doing ng+ to do the purification and ending to get them. Once you do the divine dragon the Purification path is locked out and I imagine those are two beads and memory you are missing. Once you go to ng+ it only takes like 3 hours to get to owl if you want to do it in ng+ like I am doing because I missed them too

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Oh, yeah those won’t show up. I missed them to and am doing ng+ to do the purification and ending to get them. Once you do the divine dragon the Purification path is locked out and I imagine those are two beads and memory you are missing. Once you go to ng+ it only takes like 3 hours to get to owl if you want to do it in ng+ like I am doing because I missed them too
yea, i just didn't wanna play the game again hahah
ugh

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Got the right fragment, just need left which I think is another 6 or 7 scales. Didn't realize about the scales if you talk to the character next to the bell. Will get dragon, me thinks soon.

Also realized I actually had Anti-Air DB. How the fuck do you use it? lol

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
No, in his first form, but second life bar. In his first life bar, every time he does his jump slash he follows it up with a perilous attack that is always a stab that can be easily Mikiri countered. In his second life bar, his jump slash can either be followed up by the perilous stab or the perilous sweep slash. If you deflect the jump slash, the sparks combined with the red kanji symbol completely obscure his form so it is nearly impossible to see if he is pulling back to stab or winding up to slash. It is fucking annoying.

Anyways, it took me about 10 total tries, but I got him. I utilized the Ichimonji quite a bit.

Im helping my friend through this fight at the minute. Dodge is actually pretty good here, you can dodge INTO the lightning bloodborne style and miss it out entirely. Also, he doesn't always do perilous attacks after the jump perilous attack, if you are behind him, a lot of the time he will not attack with perilous at all. Of course, its better to mikiri in phase one, but its good training.

I feel like in this game a lot of fights seem to have a particular playstyle From want you to utilise, and if it can be figured out the fight becomes very easy. From helping my friend out I realised you can dodge like 90% of his stuff apart from the flurry, that you can interrupt his non-perilous jump and keep him locked in that a lot of the time, that after 2 hits if you don't do hp damage then you need to stop attacking, and lots of small stuff like that. I really do love the combat in sekiro

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
As far as I know, no, after you slay the divine dragon, your ending is pretty much set. Sorry :( You’ll need to do a second play through if you’re going for 100% anyway (as you mentioned, for all the lapis lazuli upgrades).

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Whelp, I just got to the second guardian ape fight, second phase. From Software can suck my fucking dick.

The first fight was bad enough, but explicitly building a game around defending and breaking enemy posture then making stupid fucking life bar fights with multiple phases is just ridiculous. The bull fight is fine, it only has one life bar. These guardian ape fights are just fucking bad though, and the camera and the arena make them even worse.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
To be fair, I still had the Bell Demon active when I first tried the fight.

Still, screw this design.

P.S. I don't throw controllers with my rage, I shit post.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Whelp, I just got to the second guardian ape fight, second phase. From Software can suck my fucking dick.

The first fight was bad enough, but explicitly building a game around defending and breaking enemy posture then making stupid fucking life bar fights with multiple phases is just ridiculous. The bull fight is fine, it only has one life bar. These guardian ape fights are just fucking bad though, and the camera and the arena make them even worse.

There is a prostetic that makes the 2nd phase a joke, just have to know when to use it.
He will do a huge overhead downward swing, parry that and he will fall down, Spear prostetic and pull out the fucking worm

• 1Blown

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
There is a prostetic that makes the 2nd phase a joke, just have to know when to use it.
He will do a huge overhead downward swing, parry that and he will fall down, Spear prostetic and pull out the fucking worm

wow you can do that? i was not aware

Fedor

<Banned>

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Just went thru this again with no atk/health upgrades(Mikiri and Ichimonji: Double are just too damn good)

Good challenge, Sword Saint is a real pain lack of posture damage just makes the fight drag out..