Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Confetti up, dash to him, whack him, he vanishes. Reappears and does laser beam move, holdnblock for it. Dash to him, and repeat.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Purple Umbrella negates that dude's attacks and the one ability for prosthetics lets you rape him with it. Same thing works on the Headless guys too.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Finally got back to playing and am still super lost feeling coming back after a week. But found the Guardian Ape eventually. Took me maybe an hour and the run where I finally got him didn’t even realize it and was like “oh hell yeah, still have res, still have 5 gourds, suck my dic— awwww fuck.” Then died.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
You also find him after fighting the second Guardian Ape. Imagine my surprise after wiping to the ape 20 times, get the idol, only to find out you can't warp to that idol cause of that stupid fucking mini boss.

He is weak to the mortal blow in the air ability can take them down quick if you get a lucky pattern.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
He is weak to the mortal blow in the air ability can take them down quick if you get a lucky pattern.

I didn't get the Anti-Air Deathblow and now the castle has been invaded. Have to wait until I kill the Owl, I guess...

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I just want to take a second to say, fuck the Genichiro Ashina fight in the ass.

Whatever developer thought it was a fantastic idea to have him switch between multiple possible deadly attacks after the jump slash in his second health bar but also make his movements completely obscured by the sparks of blocking that jump slash making it just fucking lucky guesswork to figure out what attack is coming can go suck cocks in hell.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The lightning part? I just cheesed it by keeping my distance and jumping a lot. If he throws lightning, return it. If he lunges, mikiri counter it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just want to take a second to say, fuck the Genichiro Ashina fight in the ass.

Whatever developer thought it was a fantastic idea to have him switch between multiple possible deadly attacks after the jump slash in his second health bar but also make his movements completely obscured by the sparks of blocking that jump slash making it just fucking lucky guesswork to figure out what attack is coming can go suck cocks in hell.
I'm on him now. I saw some dude kill him in like 30 seconds on Youtube. Deflected every single attack.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

The lightning part? I just cheesed it by keeping my distance and jumping a lot. If he throws lightning, return it. If he lunges, mikiri counter it.

No, in his first form, but second life bar. In his first life bar, every time he does his jump slash he follows it up with a perilous attack that is always a stab that can be easily Mikiri countered. In his second life bar, his jump slash can either be followed up by the perilous stab or the perilous sweep slash. If you deflect the jump slash, the sparks combined with the red kanji symbol completely obscure his form so it is nearly impossible to see if he is pulling back to stab or winding up to slash. It is fucking annoying.

Anyways, it took me about 10 total tries, but I got him. I utilized the Ichimonji quite a bit.

LiquidDeath

Oh man, I found the most annoying mini-boss in the game (so far). The fucking Lone Shadow Longswordman in a tiny fucking cave with the typical From Software camera bullshit. You'd think after nearly 15 years of making these games they would realize that their camera sucks dick in small spaces and maybe don't put the most movement intensive mini-boss to that point in the game inside the smallest space you've encountered? But no, fuck you.

• 1Solidarity

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Divine Dragon such a cool fucking fight. Such a shame it's a short one. I had to cheese Great Owl fight by running around because I really suck at deflecting his attacks. Ugh.

So, I think I may have fucked myself over with the Blackhat Badger. He's not back in Ashina after killing Owl, so I don't know if I can get the Anti-Air Deathblow. Does he go somewhere else other than his original spot?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh man, I found the most annoying mini-boss in the game (so far). The fucking Lone Shadow Longswordman in a tiny fucking cave with the typical From Software camera bullshit. You'd think after nearly 15 years of making these games they would realize that their camera sucks dick in small spaces and maybe don't put the most movement intensive mini-boss to that point in the game inside the smallest space you've encountered? But no, fuck you.
Yeah, I bitched about that guy a few posts back. That room blows. Camera definitely got me killed a couple times.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Having a field day with Lone Swordsman by Serpent Shrine. Fucking area sucks with all the shrubbery, lmao.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Is the Dragon Mask meant for a NG+ item? I can't see myself finding 19 carp scales, lol.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's a bunch of carp scales to be acquired in the Divine Palace area if you haven't spent them on other things.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is the Dragon Mask meant for a NG+ item? I can't see myself finding 19 carp scales, lol.
You get 5 carp scales for giving fountain water to the guy in the house next to the corrupted monk fight. I don’t remember how many, but you get several scales for giving the fish feeder guy evidence that the monstrous carp is slain. There’s at least 8-10 scales in the water at the palace. I actually bought everything I could with scales and have two leftover in my inventory.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Divine Dragon such a cool fucking fight. Such a shame it's a short one. I had to cheese Great Owl fight by running around because I really suck at deflecting his attacks. Ugh.

So, I think I may have fucked myself over with the Blackhat Badger. He's not back in Ashina after killing Owl, so I don't know if I can get the Anti-Air Deathblow. Does he go somewhere else other than his original spot?
If you can’t find him check the shrine thing next to the undead training dude and see if it’s for sale there