Service Providers (Internet, TV, Etc)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
It'll be interesting to see where that lawsuit goes. Feels a little bit like people suing gun manufacturers for gun-related crimes.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isn't Rightscorp the scummy firm that's getting class action sued for harassment and abuse already? Pretty sure they're the ones that would spam people with spoofed robo-calls every day and commit outright fraud by claiming to be part of law enforcement or lawyers for the ISP who would disconnect you.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Guys seriously plz, it's just going to make you hit your data caps faster.. oh.. they don't have data caps?

Hmm.. umm... plz guys AT&T

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Another important fight to keep an eye on. I could understand AT&T's point if they had acceptable service and couldn't compete because of taxes, this though is another example of a company shitting on the consumer because they have no competition. That headline though is a bit hyperbolic.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm totally on that as soon as I can watch football on it. Goodbye cable.

Won't happen though since DirectTV has a handle on that and they will probably never stream it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Won't happen though since DirectTV has a handle on that and they will probably never stream it.
They have once before, I expect there will be options again, just not sure when. Previously there was that PS3-exclusive streaming.

In the meantime, I pay for mom's DirecTV so if the 1 month trial on Xbox One goes well we may consider cancelling and just use the Sunday Ticket login from her account and cancel my service, lol.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
If you have a friend you can "stack" receivers as well if you want to pay but not so high a price.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Having all the ESPNs is the big draw for the service, I'm sure they will show all the footballs soon.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Having all the ESPNs is the big draw for the service, I'm sure they will show all the footballs soon.
Well DirectTV has an exclusive deal with the NFL for the Sunday Ticket. I think they just renewed it too. It's not being shared any time soon. However, if I could stream it and pay DirectTV for it (which may happen in the near future) and then pair it with this. It's awesome.

Would need the Big10 network too though.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I hope that within a couple years, all of the sports leagues offer on-line season viewing passes that are completely independent of any TV carrier.

I'd easily pay the $20 for ESPN, $10 for a specific college league(SEC, Big10, whatever), $20 a month for NFL or MLB seasons, etc. I'd still only be paying ~$50 a month for all of the live broadcasting that I want to view instead of the $100 I pay now for basically just sports, and 400 other channels I never watch.

and I'm almost positive that those sports networks would get more money from me than they do now, currently bundled in with all the other crap. it's win/win for everyone (except shitty TV channels that no one watches that are riding the coattails of other channels in bundled packages)

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Verizon owns the exclusive rights to stream the NFL, so don't look for any NFL game to be streamed soon.

In other news, Comcast and Time Warner are upping their modem rental fees from $8 to $10 a month. The modem rental fees net Comcast $275 to $300 million per quarter.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Verizon owns the exclusive rights to stream the NFL, so don't look for any NFL game to be streamed soon.

In other news, Comcast and Time Warner are upping their modem rental fees from $8 to $10 a month. The modem rental fees net Comcast $275 to $300 million per quarter.
And they conveniently never mention to anyone that you can easily provide your own modem. They only cost about $50-$70 to purchase outright. Your general consumer has no clue they can do that.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
And they conveniently never mention to anyone that you can easily provide your own modem. They only cost about $50-$70 to purchase outright. Your general consumer has no clue they can do that.
Of course they don't and those modems cost Comcast around $40, so after 4 months, its pure profit for them. My cable company Charter doesn't charge for modems yet at least.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Of course they don't and those modems cost Comcast around $40, so after 4 months, its pure profit for them.
That's a pricey modem compared to Time Warner. Until I finally got around to buying my own modem a few months ago, I had been using a Toshiba modem that was old when they gave it to me 8 years ago. That was probably better than the Ubee pieces of shit they give out now though.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I expect Sunday Ticket independent of another service provider will always be around $15-20/weekend, rather than per month. Too much money to be made, I know I'd pay it.