Service Providers (Internet, TV, Etc)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I just don't get how you can roll out an update as poorly tested as this one seemingly was. It's like they aren't even trying to hide how shitty they are anymore. It's insane, it's not like they are hard up for money or anything.
Not hard up for money huh, that's funny cause all the major ISPs are pulling money from a Federal Fund that is suppose to help upgrade the telecom industry of the US.. they are updating it.. but all wireless... this is the future they want for everyone cause they can Meter wireless Internet easier then Hard-Line interenet...

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just don't get how you can roll out an update as poorly tested as this one seemingly was. It's like they aren't even trying to hide how shitty they are anymore. It's insane, it's not like they are hard up for money or anything.
Comcast doesn't have competition and we don't have anyone in the government who represents the people to do something about this.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not hard up for money huh, that's funny cause all the major ISPs are pulling money from a Federal Fund that is suppose to help upgrade the telecom industry of the US.. they are updating it.. but all wireless... this is the future they want for everyone cause they can Meter wireless Internet easier then Hard-Line interenet...
How is wireless easier to meter than wired?

Desidero

N00b
I like that Obama has been making a fuss about Net Neutrality for a while now, but he chose to appoint Wheeler as Chairman of the FCC. If he actually gave a shit, I can't imagine he'd choose Wheeler for the job.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Anybody looking to ditch their cable modem rental fees,Woothas the Motorola SB6141 refurbed for $50 today. Been meaning to grab a modem for a while now and this is supposed to be one of the better ones to get. It's on the approved list for Time Warner, Comcast and a few other companies.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Comcast = the devil

What XFINITY Internet Data Usage Plans will Comcast be Launching?

tl;dr = Comcast rolling out new internet plans that are metered like cell phone data plans. Go over your monthly cap and get surcharged/throttled.

Here's the most ridiculous part:
In this trial, XFINITY Internet Economy Plus customers can choose to enroll in the Flexible-Data Option to receive a $5.00 credit on their monthly bill and reduce their data usage plan from 300 GB to 5 GB. If customers choose this option and use more than 5 GB of data in any given month, they will not receive the $5.00 credit and will be charged an additional $1.00 for each gigabyte of data used over the 5 GB included in the Flexible-Data Option.
So you can drop from 300GB per month to 5GB and SAVE A WHOPPING $5!

It's so ludicrous I had to make sure the article wasn't posted on April 1st or something

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So basically if you are on the 5GB plan and accidentally use 300GB you are charged $295.00. If you drop from 300GB to 5GB you save $5.00.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Good business for Comcast
smile.png

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Verizon is doing another "More Everything". I'll have saved $40 total because it's the second time, lol. Though, they say it's $50 for the line, plus an additional $40 or so for surcharges. What the hell? lol.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Damn, this is ridiculous. I pay for 150 down.

rrr_img_83057.png

It spiked up to 188 during the test, too.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My Time Warner internet has been total crap this week, generally getting 5-10mbps download during the day. I pay for 50(and used to almost always get the full 50). Something is up with TW

Talked to a good friend who lives 30 minutes away and also has TW, his has also been crap this week. He pays for 25mbps down, and has been getting about 5 all week

Goddamn I can't wait for Google Fiber, should have it installed by this time next year.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
As I posted in the fuck comcast thread:

So TWC has been having issues in upstate NY since roughly 10:30 last night. I lose connection and a few minutes later I get a text from a guy I do computer work for asking if I could figure out why he can't get on the internet. I'm at my parent's house due to my building's plumbing being replaced, so after rebooting the piece of shit Ubee modem/wifi router doesnt do anything I decide to call TWC. I try using their landline (also TWC) and there's no dial tone. I try calling it and it says the customer is unavailable, so I call TWC on my cell. I get the usual guy reading from a script and I tell him I've already been through the basic troubleshooting, but he insists on resetting the modem from his end. Surprisingly the modem gets the signal and reboots, but still no phone or internet. After sitting on hold for a while, he says that there is no reported outage but they are getting a lot of calls from my area, it is being looked in to and to give them a few hours and call back if it isn't fixed.

A little while later I try to connect again and windows says it can't connect to the DNS server. I try switching to Google's DNS and magically I have an internet connection again. I check to see if I can change the DNS for the modem (a little searching turned up the factory default login, which worked) but it looks like I can't.

I really wish there was a viable alternative to TWC here.