Service Providers (Internet, TV, Etc)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Hmm yeah that's a lot worse than what I've been getting.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've been in contact with them for awhile now, and still haven't gotten an answer why, the support desk puppets are even more confused then me. *laugh*

Every time there's a firmware update I hold my breath that it's the one that fixes the problem... but I honestly believe it's a ground station/throughput problem they can't fix till they can start launching the 2nd/3rd shells of the constellation..

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Speeds have gotten better, sense they've gone back too mass launching Sats.. albeit as they say in "horrible" configurations sense Starship isn't ready yet.

Still have some weird disconnects thru out the day, it's just so weird..

NewStarlink.PNG

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1666877027724.png

got another 100mb download increase from comcast. it sucks that i can't get 20mb up without spending nearly twice as much.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
View attachment 440035
got another 100mb download increase from comcast. it sucks that i can't get 20mb up without spending nearly twice as much.
How is your life different with 600 mbps than with 500? To me it seems like anything over about 60 you can stream 1080 just fine and that's about the biggest thing I ever do.

Goatface

How is your life different with 600 mbps than with 500? To me it seems like anything over about 60 you can stream 1080 just fine and that's about the biggest thing I ever do.

no different, i am the only heavy user in the house. really hope there are some different packages when i current contract ends. right now, i could live with half the download but that plan only has 5mb up.

Goatface

damn, now i am annoyed. just spent an hour screwing with comcast's website. i am still under contract till dec, so can't get full details/prices. it appears my options are going to be 75/5, 200/5, 400/5 and 800/10. don't know how xfi complete changes them, as get a sorry message, saying to call to get info.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Might not be rolled out nationally yet. Good luck, also shouldn’t yer 800 down have 25 up? Pretty sure that’s what I have

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I liked the idea that it was unlimited but I imagine there's always going to be someone who abuses it to the detriment of everyone.

I don't think I'm in any danger of hitting the cap but it's still a little sad.

Screenshot_20221106-074059.png

Goatface

chatting with comcast, the csr started off talking about downgrading. if i downgrade from 400mb/s down to 200mb, my bill only goes up $9. think my current plan is going to cost $40 more

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Interesting email from Starlink today....

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 9.09.00 AM.png

Apparently they're trying to discourage people in more densely populated areas from using their service.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
So, bumping this thread to try and get some info. I'm having a house built in a semi-rural area. Best as I can find the internet options are somewhat limited:

- CenturyLink shows as available but its $50 for only 1.5Mbps with a landline, basically option of last resort.
- X-finity looks like they are available two streets down from me, so I am thinking on going to the closest store to see if they would be able to expand to my street.
- Other option is to go satellite with Starlink. My concern is that I want to signup for the waitlist, but the house does not have a physical address yet as its still undeveloped land. Does anyone know if you can switch the address for your Starlink order, as i could signup for the waitlist at my current apt address then switch once the house has an actual address. I don't mind sitting on the waitlist as the house is still 5-6 months from being built.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Does the area have good cell reception? Most cell providers have a home type service you could use while you wait for starlink, but only if the area has good service to begin with