Seventh Son

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I had never even heard of this movie prior to seeing the preview in front of Pacific Rim last night. Looks a lot more interesting than I expected it to, and the effects look pretty good. Quite a few recognizable names as well. I'm looking forward to it at this point.

I checked for another thread and couldn't find one, so hopefully this is new.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks potentially cool.

Anyone else find it weird that Jeff Bridges is suddenly an action star this summer now that he's in his late 90s?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want him in as many things as possible, it's just funky timing. I extra-approve of the fact that it's not him with the fucking southern accent he's had in every movie since that country singer one.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kind of looks to have a Sinbad/Merlin feel to it. This one looks more interesting than Pacific Rim.

Caliane

neat. and weird.
that wasn't previewed before my showing. how is that determined?

We had Elysium and mortal instruments. Probably was a third, that I'm not remembering. but definitely not this.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
neat. and weird.
that wasn't previewed before my showing. how is that determined?

We had Elysium and mortal instruments. Probably was a third, that I'm not remembering. but definitely not this.
Part of it is simply what movies that particular theater will be getting. In some areas there isn't a second competing theater so they'll get most of the movies, but in a more competitive area those movies will be split between two different theaters, so you'll never see certain previews no matter how many you go to. Beyond that I don't know anything specific, but in a couple areas of Sacramento it definitely works that way. A little crappy theater in the mall will occasionally steal a big movie away from the main theater, so I never see that preview, but if I go to the one further out of town it gets almost all of them.

Caliane

Part of it is simply what movies that particular theater will be getting. In some areas there isn't a second competing theater so they'll get most of the movies, but in a more competitive area those movies will be split between two different theaters, so you'll never see certain previews no matter how many you go to. Beyond that I don't know anything specific, but in a couple areas of Sacramento it definitely works that way. A little crappy theater in the mall will occasionally steal a big movie away from the main theater, so I never see that preview, but if I go to the one further out of town it gets almost all of them.
yeah, I googled it after.

Basically up to 6 movies. 2 are decided by the production/publisher. Movie theater gets to profile and pick 2. This allows them to show a set at lets say 1pm, and a different set at 9pm showings, and/or local competition as you say.

Gravity was one of the other shown for me.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Gravity was one of the other shown for me.
Same here. I almost started a thread about it just to mention that, at the end of the trailer when the astronaut floats off into space and whispers "Is anyone there?" (or something like that) in a manner where we're supposed to be horrified that this person is now probably destined for a horrible death...everyone in the theater laughed. I don't think that was the reaction they were going for.

And fucker, that's the first thing I thought too.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Same here. I almost started a thread about it just to mention that, at the end of the trailer when the astronaut floats off into space and whispers "Is anyone there?" (or something like that) in a manner where we're supposed to be horrified that this person is now probably destined for a horrible death...everyone in the theater laughed. I don't think that was the reaction they were going for.

And fucker, that's the first thing I thought too.
Same exact reaction in my theater, I think they dun goofed.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Did anyone actually see this? Was reminded of it when we watched the DVD of pacific rim.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I think it has been pushed back to next year, because I saw a trailer for it again a few months ago (in theaters).

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Guess I should have checked IMDB... Release date is Feb 6 2015... Wonder what the story is there.

Edit: looks like legendary pictures parted ways with warner brothers so the distribution got put on hold until universal pictures picked it up