Sex, Drugs, Riffs & Solos: The Rock Thread \m/

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's slim pickings out there for rock fans these days. Between the explosion of electronic music and the Brooklyn indie scene pussifying what we once called rock, that more analog stripped down sound is hard to come by. I feel like rock artists haven't figured out the DIY nature of music today like some other genres. I don't know why. Maybe I'm a dinosaur in my tastes and this stuff is gone. I feel the last time rock was truly a mainstream sound that you could hear on the radio and find good stuff was the early/mid 90s. There was the nu-metal emergence around the turn of the century, but a lot of that isn't very good. However, I know there are still some guys out there who just wanna rock or play some blues. Unfortunately, most of the modern stuff I know is from the already known and huge rock acts - Muse, Queens of the Stone Age, Jack White, Black Keys.

Some of the recent rock music I've enjoyed. It's not a very extensive list. Hoping you guys can add to it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have to get used to the singer, but I'm really liking Traumahawk.

Also, rock you say? Rock you get

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Clutch is recording a new album right now as well. I can't wait.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Clutch's self titled 1995 release will forever be one of my favorites.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, it's one of mine as well. That and Blast Tyrant are probably my top 2 from them, if I had to pick. I don't go to too many shows these days, as I'm almost 40 and really don't enjoy being around a bunch of shitheads, but I see Clutch whenever they're down here.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I had a CLUTCH winter hat when I was in college.

I got more babes than J49 with that hat.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Clutch's self titled is probably one of my top 10 all time favorite albums. I don't get to many shows anymore either, but I still always make time for Clutch.

Speaking of, road trip to San Antonio for them and Mastodon in May!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The music in that Clutch tune is pretty good. But the singer sounds like a drunk dude with Down's.

I like the Manson song and listened to the album. Not bad at all. I can dig.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I can't link it at work but if you want some seriously good rock just listen to pretty much anything by J Roddy Walston and the Business

But start with "Don't Break the Needle"

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can't link it at work but if you want some seriously good rock just listen to pretty much anything by J Roddy Walston and the Business

But start with "Don't Break the Needle"
After hearing the tune on the Coors Light commercial, I checked these guys out and that album didn't stand out too much for these ears. I'm really digging this EP though.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Holy hell, that band should get riff credit to Pelican cause 100% of that song sounds like Pelican.
"Doom pop" is a thing.
smile.png

Moar Traumahawk

Majestic Majesty | TraumaHawk