Shaving

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Just messing with you @Hatorade , she uses my safety razor. Otherwise it's the small electric that comes with our haircut set. The sideburn one if things go too long inbetween groomings.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Several years ago this thread convinced me to switch from overpriced Mach 3 style shit to a double edge safety razor and razor blades. I tried a bunch of different razor blades and eventually settled on Astra, as those tended to give me the fewest cuts and the closest shave for my skin type. Even still, I often found myself with nicks at the most inopportune times. A few months ago I got fed up and decided to stop fully shaving completely, although I also didn't want to grow a beard. I wanted to keep a nice, low amount of stubble. I've tried the stubble look in the past, and the electric razors I used either ended up pulling the hairs and hurting, giving really patchy and uneven results, or leaving too much stubble so it looked unprofessional. I bought one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068EXQ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

This thing is absolutely perfect. I use it about every 2 - 3 days (my hair grows super fast and is very dark) without any of the guards, and it leaves the perfect amount of stubble without any scratching, pulling, or nicks. It only takes about 2 minutes to do my whole face, and I've got really thick and course facial hair. A++ would recommend for anyone sick of shaving.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Giant necro. I just started shaving my head and beard with a safety razor. My current girlfriend does not mind a touch of stubble on the head, not a fan of it on my beard. I shave once a day. The hair on my beard is ultra coarse. Head is 100x easier to get a smooth shave than my face, and quicker. Prior to the safety razor I used a mach 3 or my electric braun.

Any suggestions on shaving soap for the safety razor? I prefer unscented but a mild scent would work. I've smelled a few that seemed more in the perfume category.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I liked the colonal konk almond I had. Been ages, I'm also a savage and most of the time I can safety razor shave with just water or a tiny fan of shaving cream depending on age of blade and hair length.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody have a solid electric shaver/trimmer for facial hair that you can use in the shower? I usually prefer to just rock the 5 o'clock shadow look rather than bare facin' it.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Anybody have a solid electric shaver/trimmer for facial hair that you can use in the shower? I usually prefer to just rock the 5 o'clock shadow look rather than bare facin' it.
I really like my wahl trimmer. Sturdy little work tool that puts me about an hour or two before a 5 o'clock shadow. Used it in the shower plenty of times. I don't think a real electric shaver can ever take you as close as a good blade, but I rarely bother with that shit. What I have is vastly similar to this thing:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My new shaving cream. It "kinda" smells like Dr. Pepper. It's a Texas thing. Good chance even at a fast food place you ask for coke you get a Dr. Pepper lol. It's not bad. Like a lot of other botique shaving creams, just smells close to Dr. Pepper.

Attachments

• Soap.jpg
    Soap.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
My setup. Razor is the Tatara Masamune. Voskies and Gillette Platinums are probably my favorite blades; Astra SPs worked well back when I was using a 34c, but they don't seem to pair well with the Tatara.

Highly recommend the shaving cream if you don't mind getting the gay all over you. Smells like lavender and mint.

IMG_1200.JPG

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My setup. Razor is the Tatara Masamune. Voskies and Gillette Platinums are probably my favorite blades; Astra SPs worked well back when I was using a 34c, but they don't seem to pair well with the Tatara.

Highly recommend the shaving cream if you don't mind getting the gay all over you. Smells like lavender and mint.

Back when I was in the army I used women's moisturizing foo foo shaving cream because it didn't irritate my face. That big pink bottle in the barracks I gave no shits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

does having an asian partner mean you don't have to both fight for the razer?

• 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I've been lazy lately and using Jeremy's razors. Their after shave is pretty solid. Their shave cream is good too but have mostly been finishing off my Neutrogena shave cream.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I have trichotillomania on my chin stubble. Very light beard growth anyway, but I like plucking a few stubble hairs out my chin whilst I'm at the sink. I shave as normal and can pluck the remaining stubble. It amazes me that a tiny bit of stubble is actually super long under the skin. It's also satisfying when it just slides out. You get the occasional hair that is harder to pull out but it can still be achieved.

I also find it interesting to see some hairs are just hairs. But sometimes they come out with a bulb at the bottom. Sometimes they also leave behind a black object that can be squeezed out but isn't a hair.

• 1Barf

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

I switched to safety razors about 15 years ago and I'm still using the first box of blades I ever bought. If I sharpened them I'd probably be good for the rest of my life and maybe my son's too. DE are definitely the way to go. Better shaves than anything else, IMO, and I think I've spent maybe $30 on shaving supplies since 2005?

In the last few months I've actually not been shaving at all and using a beard trimmer with a #1 guard. My beard is patchy and pretty pathetic, but my wife has sensitive skin and seems to prefer soft scruff to the daily abrasive stubble. I don't have to look at it and it seems to get me laid more often, so... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited: