Shazam! (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
3.20 star(s) Rating: 3.20/5 5 Votes
Title: Shazam! (2019)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: David F. Sandberg

Cast: Zachary Levi, Asher Angel, Mark Strong, Djimon Hounsou, Jack Dylan Grazer, Grace Fulton, Faithe Herman, Ian Chen, Jovan Armand, Cooper Andrews, Marta Milans, Adam Brody, Michelle Borth, Meagan Good, Ross Butler, D.J. Cotrona, Ava Preston, David J. MacNeil, Carson MacCormac, Caroline Palmer, Lotta Losten, Andi Osho, Ethan Pugiotto, David Kohlsmith, Natalia Safran, Lou Lou Safran, Manuel Rodriguez-Saenz, Ali Badshah, Simon Northwood, Lovina Yavari, Jim Pagiamtzis, Emily Nixon, Raul Torres, Jhaleil Swaby, Jackson Reid, Bryce Arden Poe, Tosh Robertson, Pearl Ho, Cassandra Ebner, Angelica Lisk-Hann, Jesse Bond

Release: 2019-04-05

Plot: We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson's case, by shouting out one word--SHAZAM!--this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult superhero Shazam, courtesy of an ancient wizard.Still a kid at heart--inside a ripped, godlike body--Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he'll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Doctor Thaddeus Sivana.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Hoping this may be the GOTG (too soon?) for the DCU.

Lesser known hero, leaning towards the comedy.

But definitely won't hold my breath, DC shoots itself in the foot nearly every time.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Chuck is a huge geek and really into the superhero stuff, I have faith in him but DC not so much.

spronk

FPS noob
i thought this was gonna be a reboot of the 1967 cartoon

but yeah that looks great not quite deadpool levels of snark but looks funny and fun

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This is what the movie should be. Reminds me of the Shazam from the Young Justice and Justice League cartoons.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Didn't take long for DC to hire James Gunn.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
When I saw this thread title I thought they were rebooting that movie where Shaq played the genie. Then I realized that movie was called kazaam. Disappointed I am.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This looks pretty much exactly like what it's supposed to be, other than some less than subtle asthetic design choices.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm hoping this lives up to the trailer and doesn't grimdark shit up... It's the Big Red Cheese after all.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I hope it sucks like all the other DC films and I hope it's the LAST film that the DCEU creates and goes bankrupt. I'm a completely irrational bitch when it comes to this stuff and I don't know why... I mean, yeah it's because I love the MCU but I don't know why I can't love both franchises. If I love the MCU, I should love other nerdy superhero type of stuff right? But for some reason I literally hate the DCEU and all of its characters (Nolan's Batman films get a pass, obv).

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I liked Captain Marvel from the comics and animated films. Hope this is good but its been one dissapointment after another with DC.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
If this and Aquaman tank this is the last from the DCEU besides a WW2 I would bet. Having said that, this might be decent. Aquaman sure as shit won't be.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
screw it, i've been 100% negative on every non batman dc movie, and i was correct, DC movies suck, but maybe... this is supposed to be really really tongue in cheek? i mean that was the original purpose of captain marvel

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think they are going for the right tone for this movie. That said, it looked boring, and not funny to me.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database