Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2022)

Sevens

Log Wizard
The first one was the BEST, bar none, movie of the DCEU.

shazam-listing.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

boxofficepro now thinks it is going to bomb, with $125m budget
3 day weekend - $32,000,000 – $42,000,000
total domestic - $77,000,000 – $110,000,000
1st one made $53m opening, $140m domestic $363m worldwide with $85m budget

even after the gunn announcement, places were predicting it would do at least as good as the 1st and $400+m worldwide

spronk

FPS noob
seems ok but i can wait 3 months and see it at home. be interesting to see if it does better than black adam, which would be funny

1678974793887.png

Goatface

studio thinks it will open with $34m
boxofficepro now lowered their prediction to $27.4m opening
deadline predicts $35m

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
I might take my boys, just to ensure it outperforms black Adam

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
studio thinks it will open with $34m
boxofficepro now lowered their prediction to $27.4m opening
deadline predicts $35m
I think DCU fans mainly made Shazam a success and not as many normies. With a lot of people believing these movies really don't mean shit with the "new" DCU coming, less will go to the theaters.

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
This flick looks overdeveloped with lacking execution, I hope it is at least Funny in moments but otherwise I expect a child-focused vehicle for print money and sales for kids seeking a superhero who "looks just like me!"

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought the movie was fine. It could use a little tightening up, but I didn't hate it or get bored watching it like Black Adam. I think the problem is that most of the comic book movie watchers know that this movie probably means dick with the upcoming DCU reboot. I am wondering how Aquaman 2 is gonna fair now, especially with the Amber Heard stuff and the rumors from prescreenings that it sucks balls.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is the movie any good? Sounds like a shit movie and I really like Levi

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Is the movie any good? Sounds like a shit movie and I really like Levi
i think its a fine 6 out of 10 middle of the road entertaining enough movie. The worst part of the movie is Lucy Liu's acting. Its like she tried to ham it up and be over the top as the villain and ended up in community theater land.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think its a fine 6 out of 10 middle of the road entertaining enough movie. The worst part of the movie is Lucy Liu's acting. Its like she tried to ham it up and be over the top as the villain and ended up in community theater land.
its pretty funny, better than the first movie. i'm actually laughing quite often, Gunn and his new vision fucked this movie before it had a chance.

i like how they are borrowing from Warner's other IPs, so far i see nods to Harry Potter and Game Of Thrones. oh and Lucy Liu and Helen Mirren are hamming it up to levels i didnt know were possible. i also dont remember Shazaams foster mom being this fucking hot.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The 2023 release schedule is packed, but its very unclear that the mass narket has returned to their prior attendance rates. I think we're going to see quite a few films have okay launches and, only if good reviews, strong legs, but otherwise will wither instantly, with a mountain of films losing money in the theaters.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The 2023 release schedule is packed, but its very unclear that the mass narket has returned to their prior attendance rates. I think we're going to see quite a few films have okay launches and, only if good reviews, strong legs, but otherwise will wither instantly, with a mountain of films losing money in the theaters.
With movies going to streaming in like 45 days, people are willing to wait for that to happen. Along with the "mask wearing" segment of the population I don't think pre-Covid movie box office numbers are gonna be back. We will still have some big hitters, but they better bring something special.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even Avatar 2 opening weekend was half full. Even though it made a ton of money.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Movie was fine, on par with the first. Lucy Lu shit it up a bit and the young Billy actor is kind of shitty, but fortunately he was not in it much. Crippy sidekick and unicorns stole the show. I hope this picks of some speed because Zach Levi nails it perfect and its nice to see heroes who actually enjoy being heroes for a change.