Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2022)

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
You’re literally comparing apples to oranges here. No one knew Star Wars was gonna be a trilogy. We know DC is making a universe with multiple movies and scrapping the current universe. You’re statement is dumb and has no logic behind it.
He may not make the best point. But you have literally no taste, and are a massive retard who is the anti astrocreep.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Out on the sites.

Fun watch but not as good as the first. The plot was lacking and dragged out way too long. Movie should of been 30 mins shorter.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Out on the sites.

Fun watch but not as good as the first. The plot was lacking and dragged out way too long. Movie should of been 30 mins shorter.
the villains are clownshows compared to the first movie, but its hilariously bad so it was still enjoyable to me. I also really like Lucy Liu and watching her ham it up puts a smile on my face.

• 1Garbage

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Saw it last night. Had a good amount of laughs. There was some drag to get to the end, but the cameo was worth it.

Sounded like Gunn is moving Shazam to the Peacekeeper spinoff shows or main Peacekeeper show from the post-credit scene.

• 1Garbage

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saw it last night. Had a good amount of laughs. There was some drag to get to the end, but the cameo was worth it.

Sounded like Gunn is moving Shazam to the Peacekeeper spinoff shows or main Peacekeeper show from the post-credit scene.
He was supposed to move to the Justice Society. It was supposed to be Hawkman, Atom Smasher, and that wind chick from Black Adam that came to him. They just cut that for money reasons.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He was supposed to move to the Justice Society. It was supposed to be Hawkman, Atom Smasher, and that wind chick from Black Adam that came to him. They just cut that for money reasons.

Oh ok I didn't know what was originally altered. Justice Society was mentioned but I thought it was strange they had no actual full fledged members there, so I just assumed they were throwing Shazam out to TV shows. I think that's the impression the audience is going to walk away with also if they don't know what was cut.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah wasn't the worst thing i've seen but really nothing memorable or good and lacks completely the charm of the first movie. weirdly its not the young cast or the alt adult cast that is the problem, its really the main character and his best friend that seem to drag the movie down a lot. I dunno why either, they were good in the first movie but here just felt annoying most of the time.

shit villains too tbh, 2 old ladies as your bad guys is not compelling.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It was ok. I really like Levi, hate Lucy Liu, and the rest were decent enough. Story was pretty dumb, but whatever. I didn't hate the movie, although Agent McHottie in the credits scene had more character than almost everyone else in the movie.

I will say that the youngest evil sister was a fucking smokeshow though. If she's the "diversity" in every movie from here on out, I won't complain. Her acting was meh, but got damn is she hot.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was ok. I really like Levi, hate Lucy Liu, and the rest were decent enough. Story was pretty dumb, but whatever. I didn't hate the movie, although Agent McHottie in the credits scene had more character than almost everyone else in the movie.

I will say that the youngest evil sister was a fucking smokeshow though. If she's the "diversity" in every movie from here on out, I won't complain. Her acting was meh, but got damn is she hot.
not bad for a 42 yr old
MEAGAN-GOOD-at-BET-Awards-in-Los-Angeles-9-535x741.jpg

calling her black is really pushing it. i'm probably blacker than her.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah. Was thinking he was talking bout shazaam's youngest sister. Zegler is a smokeshow. She isn't diversity though. Just a hot girl.
Yeah, I meant the other one, the evil one!

As for diversity, I know neither one of us can prove it, but I would bet that the term came up somewhere along the line when they were considering her for the role. I'm not saying she claimed it, but she'd be dumb not to lean into it. Columbian isn't white strictly speaking, so bam, diversity!

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, I meant the other one, the evil one!

As for diversity, I know neither one of us can prove it, but I would bet that the term came up somewhere along the line when they were considering her for the role. I'm not saying she claimed it, but she'd be dumb not to lean into it. Columbian isn't white strictly speaking, so bam, diversity!
she's hot as fuck like most white Columbians.

• 1Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Finally got around to watching this. It was fun. I agree it went on a bit too long, but it really was a fun movie. Well worth the watch.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Movie was okay but goddamn it's full of smoke shows

f7c62ek58lra1.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
its pretty funny, better than the first movie. i'm actually laughing quite often, Gunn and his new vision fucked this movie before it had a chance.

i like how they are borrowing from Warner's other IPs, so far i see nods to Harry Potter and Game Of Thrones. oh and Lucy Liu and Helen Mirren are hamming it up to levels i didnt know were possible. i also dont remember Shazaams foster mom being this fucking hot.

Yeah the foster mom got really hot all of a sudden. Maybe it was the nightgown part.

Just watched this finally and I'm still processing it. Shazam 1 is still the best movie the DCEU put out and I think this was a decent sequel. Also got the impression this is gonna be part of the new DCEU since the Peacemaker people showed up at the end. It also had Gal Gadot though so I don't know. Unless they're keeping her around? But they can't because it's a different universe and that'd make Supes/Flash/Aqua canon to the new one...I'm so confused.

When they only showed Wonder Woman from the neck down earlier in the movie I thought that was their way of making this a Gunn-verse movie since they hadn't cast the new one yet.

Wasn't crazy about how Shazam himself was portrayed as such a useless idiot in this movie. He was kind of a goofball in the first one, but here it felt like it went to a new level. Lot of scenes where they would have been fine if he wasn't there, or where he made things worse. Biggest one that jumps out is when the two chix defeated the older goddess, then Shazam just kinda ran in and bodyslammed her corpse and dusted his hands off like he'd actually done anything. Whole movie felt like that kind of. Then again towards the end he gets to do big things.

Yeah she was insane.

20230715_145520.jpg

Edit: Embiggened her

Last edited:
  • 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Yeah the foster mom got really hot all of a sudden. Maybe it was the nightgown part.

Just watched this finally and I'm still processing it. Shazam 1 is still the best movie the DCEU put out and I think this was a decent sequel. Also got the impression this is gonna be part of the new DCEU since the Peacemaker people showed up at the end. It also had Gal Gadot though so I don't know. Unless they're keeping her around? But they can't because it's a different universe and that'd make Supes/Flash/Aqua canon to the new one...I'm so confused.

When they only showed Wonder Woman from the neck down earlier in the movie I thought that was their way of making this a Gunn-verse movie since they hadn't cast the new one yet.

Wasn't crazy about how Shazam himself was portrayed as such a useless idiot in this movie. He was kind of a goofball in the first one, but here it felt like it went to a new level. Lot of scenes where they would have been fine if he wasn't there, or where he made things worse. Biggest one that jumps out is when the two chix defeated the older goddess, then Shazam just kinda ran in and bodyslammed her corpse and dusted his hands off like he'd actually done anything. Whole movie felt like that kind of. Then again towards the end he gets to do big things.

Yeah she was insane.

View attachment 482631
Felt like to me there was a ton of reshoots. The scenes didn't flow well together and Levy looked ultra spray tanned. First one was way better.

• 1Like