She-Hulk

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The OG MCU was too good. They knew they couldn't keep up that level so they're giving us a phase of dogshit before coming out with the next great set of shows.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The OG MCU was too good. They knew they couldn't keep up that level so they're giving us a phase of dogshit before coming out with the next great set of shows.
Stay positive.

Happy The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air GIF

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

1660853771205.png

if listed as part of the mcu, the audience score would put it below ed's hulk, runaways, iron first and tied with cloak and dagger. big drop after that all the way to 45% with cap marvel and inhumans at 44% at the bottom.

spronk

FPS noob
i skipped Ms Marvel because I knew I wasn't the target audience so no harm no foul, after 1 episode I think i'll be skipping this too. High zoomer energy, I thought it'd be some form of Ally McBeal but its basically a tik tok video.

The CGI was ok during walk and talk scenes but holy shit the fight scenes were incredibly awful. The CGI looked straight out of the 90s there, the character movements were missing frames or something.

It really hurt the show too that Strange 2 and Thor 4 were both super Marvel style jokey-jokey, this is just more of that crap and its not funny or interesting. I already know this show will have absolutely nothing to do with a larger MCU universe since no D+ show has other than Loki so pretty easy to bail on the show. When all the episodes air i'll pop back in to see if it got way better but I can't see how.

lol

FaIKbbWXwAAQW7V

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
i skipped Ms Marvel because I knew I wasn't the target audience so no harm no foul, after 1 episode I think i'll be skipping this too. High zoomer energy, I thought it'd be some form of Ally McBeal but its basically a tik tok video.

The CGI was ok during walk and talk scenes but holy shit the fight scenes were incredibly awful. The CGI looked straight out of the 90s there, the character movements were missing frames or something.

It really hurt the show too that Strange 2 and Thor 4 were both super Marvel style jokey-jokey, this is just more of that crap and its not funny or interesting. I already know this show will have absolutely nothing to do with a larger MCU universe since no D+ show has other than Loki so pretty easy to bail on the show. When all the episodes air i'll pop back in to see if it got way better but I can't see how.

lol

FaIKbbWXwAAQW7V

Somewhat surprised Chris doesnt have his pronouns listed.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Y'all are being way too harsh on this...

Cons:
The CGI is poor. But this seems to be a trend even in movies for the MCU atm...
There is a lot of "But I am a women and womenz have like totally different experience of the world"

Pros:
It was somewhat lighthearted.
Maybe Hulk and She-Hulk are both mutants by the MCU standards? (as in... you have some genetic capabilities that become prevalent upon some event... say scarlet witch touching the mind stone... kamala wearing the bands... hulk? maybe being blasted by gamma rays? and now his cousin being exposed to similar gamma levels? just saying)

All in all, it was a very fast forward origin story for the first episode... which is ok...
I'm looking forward for more... if you are not... maybe bow out of this thread?
Because if not... what's the point?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Y'all are being way too harsh on this...

Cons:
The CGI is poor. But this seems to be a trend even in movies for the MCU atm...
There is a lot of "But I am a women and womenz have like totally different experience of the world"

Pros:
It was somewhat lighthearted.
Maybe Hulk and She-Hulk are both mutants by the MCU standards? (as in... you have some genetic capabilities that become prevalent upon some event... say scarlet witch touching the mind stone... kamala wearing the bands... hulk? maybe being blasted by gamma rays? and now his cousin being exposed to similar gamma levels? just saying)

All in all, it was a very fast forward origin story for the first episode... which is ok...
I'm looking forward for more... if you are not... maybe bow out of this thread?
Because if not... what's the point?
Instead of giving a show a chance after 1 episode they criticize it to death. It's the FoH way.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
It seems like they really didn't want to do an origin story. They wanted to zip past things to get to the lawyer stuff for some reason. Bold strategy. We'll see if it pays off.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
It seems like they really didn't want to do an origin story. They wanted to zip past things to get to the lawyer stuff for some reason. Bold strategy. We'll see if it pays off.
100%, this episode was a fast forward, hand waved origin story... next week we are back to her being a lawyer as if nothing happened.
9 episodes though.
And Titania looked real weak on this.. one punch and she was out... looking like a proper chump.
I was hoping to have a lot of sexy shots of the actress playing her...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Instead of giving a show a chance after 1 episode they criticize it to death. It's the FoH way.
i gave it a chance, it was as bad as the trailer. honestly, the trailer was the entire first episode. if i should keep watching, why should i expect this to be better?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I’m glad I read the post about the first episode before watching it because you guys seriously lowered my expectation, so I ended up actually enjoying it. :)

Now that the origin story is over I’m looking forward to see where they go from here.

I read somewhere from the press that saw the first 4 episodes that this feels more like a tv show than any other Disney+ shows so far which felt like movies chopped up into 6-8 episodes. That could prove interesting If true.

• 1Worf

velk

Trakanon Raider
It seemed.. fine ?

Didn't really wow me, the cgi is kind of distracting, but self-aware and happy to make fun of itself and other MCU movies. ( "I've..... got no good explanation for that" )

Mostly it was more amusing than funny though, other than the end-credit scene which was genuinely funny.

spronk

FPS noob
something interesting, episode 1 was edited post production to include the origin story, which was originally in episode 8. It was done at the direction of the Marvel overall team (Feige etc) as they felt audiences would be confused by how Jen became She Hulk.

They really should have released 2 episodes then though, episode 1 really did feel like a weird bad edit of 2 episodes. Just goes to show top down creative meddling isn't always great. It is weird though originally they were going to wait 7 episodes before doing the origin. I'd guess that also means we probably won't see much of Bruce until the final 2 episodes.

I didn't love the hand wave away of Hulks hand damage, his arm got fucked up because he did the infinity gauntlet resnap to bring everyone back in End Game. I can understand why they wanted to erase that for future stuff, but it does cheapen that choice years ago.