She-Hulk

spronk

FPS noob

could you make a super soldier serum with she hulks tampons? Would it only empower women? Would it work on trannies? Tune in to season 2.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Episode was better but bar was low, so that’s not saying much. Episode was only 30 and I feel like nothing happened, she lost her job as Jennifer and found a new one as She-Hulk. Right now she doesn’t like being She-Hulk, but in the comics she loves it more than being Jennifer, so I wonder if that’s something they are going to do over the course of the series.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did you see Tin Star on Amazon?
nah, i mentioned, i noped out of almost all new movies and TV..

this was an "OK" episode. it wasnt funny or anything really interesting. as has been said. Tim Roth has a big footprint and all they needed to do was point the camera at him and there's your show. Shehulk as Shehulk is horribly animated, you literally cant look at her with that 1990s "shimmer" tech they are using. would have been better to actually get a female body builder, send her to acting school, paint her green and force perspective her in the show. I'm starting to think this bad CGI was intentional. these 20 minute episodes arent really doing much for building up her character. it looks like all she is going to do is walk around announcing stuff thats going on and then it happens. was anyone else distracted by discount Wilford Brimley at the dinner table? lastly, this episode was so short, they really needed to have included this with the pilot to soften the blow of the horrible pilot and show people what this program might be about. still it doesnt even seem like its a law procedural either. so who knows.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, dialogue was still bad, but the episode wasn't as horrible as the first. They should have went with the initial decision to do the "origin story" later in the season.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
somebody already mentioned this, but the more i think about it, this show seems to be more about her accepting that her being a lawyer isnt really her career anymore and its about how she needs to accept that she is a super hero and she still has a lot to learn. Hulk was right and she was wrong. now if they marketed this show as that and not this "i can do anything better than you because of my pussy" and "i have a tougher life than you because of my pussy" bullshit we wouldnt have bitched nearly this much. why does Disney have to alienate and divide its comic book fanbase like this?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
somebody already mentioned this, but the more i think about it, this show seems to be more about her accepting that her being a lawyer isnt really her career anymore and its about how she needs to accept that she is a super hero and she still has a lot to learn. Hulk was right and she was wrong. now if they marketed this show as that and not this "i can do anything better than you because of my pussy" and "i have a tougher life than you because of my pussy" bullshit we wouldnt have bitched nearly this much. why does Disney have to alienate and divide its comic book fanbase like this?

I haven't read much She-Hulk, mainly because I wasn't the demographic, but didn't she used to be cocksure and borderline arrogant anyway? I think for me the big problem with these Marvel shows is the first episode is usually dogshit and the hill they have to climb over the rest of the season to git gud is too high and you're just left with an average experience after a poor early start.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
nah, i mentioned, i noped out of almost all new movies and TV..

this was an "OK" episode. it wasnt funny or anything really interesting. as has been said. Tim Roth has a big footprint and all they needed to do was point the camera at him and there's your show. Shehulk as Shehulk is horribly animated, you literally cant look at her with that 1990s "shimmer" tech they are using. would have been better to actually get a female body builder, send her to acting school, paint her green and force perspective her in the show. I'm starting to think this bad CGI was intentional. these 20 minute episodes arent really doing much for building up her character. it looks like all she is going to do is walk around announcing stuff thats going on and then it happens. was anyone else distracted by discount Wilford Brimley at the dinner table? lastly, this episode was so short, they really needed to have included this with the pilot to soften the blow of the horrible pilot and show people what this program might be about. still it doesnt even seem like its a law procedural either. so who knows.
Watch Tin Star on Amazon. Its two or three seasons (I forget). Its Tim Roth being Tim Roth.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't read much She-Hulk, mainly because I wasn't the demographic, but didn't she used to be cocksure and borderline arrogant anyway?

She enjoyed being She-Hulk because she felt more confident compared to her weaker human form. This is going to be difficult to portray in today's woke society as women should always be portrayed as strong.

So what they did is make Jennifer have the confidence of the comic She-Hulk...so the only thing she gains as She-Hulk is strength, they removed one of the core aspect of the character which was all about her not being confident as Jennifer and gaining confidence as She-Hulk. It's like why the "smart Hulk" is usually not interesting as a character because it removes the fundamental premise of the Hulk...losing control when angry. Sadly these woke writers have no understanding of what makes these characters interesting. It's the conflict between distinct personality, but they cannot have a woman as anything but perfect, strong and confident, so she ends up being the same as She-Hulk and Jennifer and essentially be boring like smart Hulk.

So they are going to find another reason for her to like being She-Hulk, but I bet it will ultimately be unsatisfying. This is ultimately why most woke stuff fails to be interesting, good stories and interesting characters usually have character growth where a character starts with flaws of some kind, and through storytelling and conflict learns to overcome these flaws and become a better version of themselves. It's impossible to do if you keep making the starting character flawless from the start where no growth is possible. It's probably why white men will keep being more interesting characters in general because there's no issues with them not being perfect all the time. They can have faults and overcome them...which is one of the most relatable story beat you can have.

Enough rambling. :)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
She enjoyed being She-Hulk because she felt more confident compared to her weaker human form. This is going to be difficult to portray in today's woke society as women should always be portrayed as strong.

So what they did is make Jennifer have the confidence of the comic She-Hulk...so the only thing she gains as She-Hulk is strength, they removed one of the core aspect of the character which was all about her not being confident as Jennifer and gaining confidence as She-Hulk. It's like why the "smart Hulk" is usually not interesting as a character because it removes the fundamental premise of the Hulk...losing control when angry. Sadly these woke writers have no understanding of what makes these characters interesting. It's the conflict between distinct personality, but they cannot have a woman as anything but perfect, strong and confident, so she ends up being the same as She-Hulk and Jennifer and essentially be boring like smart Hulk.

So they are going to find another reason for her to like being She-Hulk, but I bet it will ultimately be unsatisfying. This is ultimately why most woke stuff fails to be interesting, good stories and interesting characters usually have character growth where a character starts with flaws of some kind, and through storytelling and conflict learns to overcome these flaws and become a better version of themselves. It's impossible to do if you keep making the starting character flawless from the start where no growth is possible. It's probably why white men will keep being more interesting characters in general because there's no issues with them not being perfect all the time. They can have faults and overcome them...which is one of the most relatable story beat you can have.

Enough rambling. :)
This summary pretty much reads like an identical point that some of the reviewers made about Ms Marvel.

"How does she get her powers?"
"She puts on a bracelet her grandmother sends her and has powers."

So much for that hero's journey thing, right? There's no conflict with these new characters.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This summary pretty much reads like an identical point that some of the reviewers made about Ms Marvel.

"How does she get her powers?"
"She puts on a bracelet her grandmother sends her and has powers."

So much for that hero's journey thing, right? There's no conflict with these new characters.

I'd disagree with the Ms. Marvel comparison, I'll admit though that I thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Yes she got her powers by just putting on the bracelet, but she didn't immediately master her powers. She is shown working on learning how to use them, and she makes mistake even dropping down a kid while trying to save him...he survives so not total failure.

That wasn't the real arc of Ms Marvel though, it was about family and being accepted for who you are. She's different, weird, nerdy and her family while they love her don't totally get her. In the end they find out about her powers and stand with her to defeat the "villains". That's the real arc of the Ms. Marvel show.

After 2 episodes of She-Hulk, I have no clue where they are going with this, other than she's not happy with getting these powers and eventually accepting them but by making Jennifer and She-Hulk the same, they remove the conflict that needs resolving.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'd disagree with the Ms. Marvel comparison, I'll admit though that I thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Yes she got her powers by just putting on the bracelet, but she didn't immediately master her powers. She is shown working on learning how to use them, and she makes mistake even dropping down a kid while trying to save him...he survives so not total failure.

That wasn't the real arc of Ms Marvel though, it was about family and being accepted for who you are. She's different, weird, nerdy and her family while they love her don't totally get her. In the end they find out about her powers and stand with her to defeat the "villains". That's the real arc of the Ms. Marvel show.
Ms. Marvel is also the first official mutant. I assume she won't need the band later on in her story. Since it is one of the Nega Bands, it may lead to the introduction of Annihilus as there is another band out there somewhere still.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

The Critical drinker showing that a drunk Aussie can come up with better storyline pretty easily. He did a live stream a couple days ago with some women who were longtime fans and they were basically pissed off given how good the original material is.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was either Critical Drinker or Nerdrotic, but that's "she's a teenager."

Which maybe is relatable, but it's not super intriguing for a comic book hero arc.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Critical drinker showing that a drunk Aussie can come up with better storyline pretty easily. He did a live stream a couple days ago with some women who were longtime fans and they were basically pissed off given how good the original material is.
Good video, but...seriously?

snl season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

He is Scottish.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>

could you make a super soldier serum with she hulks tampons? Would it only empower women? Would it work on trannies? Tune in to season 2.
I know this is just a joke.

But he did mention that they had the genetic capability that enabled them to "become hulk".
Could they both be mutants in the MCU?

Its starting to look like mutants in the MCU work in a very particular way, instead of being born with the x gene and getting your powers with puberty, you are also born with an x gene of sorts and its activated by some event.
Like Ms Marvel with the bracelet, Scarlet Witch with the mind stone... and maybe hulk and she-hulk with deadly gamma exposure?

I'm going to wait for more mutants to surface, but that could be a good way to explain mutants in the MCU... "oh they were always around, they just never got activated"

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
He is Scottish.
The UK is basically a british prison island now. What's the difference?

PS: I actually liked the 1st episode. Second one? Not so much. Felt more familiar for MCU 'feeling' seeing Bruce Banner back in some capacity in the first. The dialogue was all over the place in the second episode.

It failed to tell me anything - except remind me that suburban families bully each other at gatherings, and any connection your mom hooks up your phone number with for advice on something is generally going to turn out horribly for the kid that looks up to you. But maybe that's just a personal connection I made, as I'm 31 and my mom sends random kids she meets at work my phone number on how to 'do game dev' and they have maybe one conversation with me, and realize the industry is awful and never speak to me again.

Yeah, the writing sucked in the series thus far. But so did a lot of the early MCU movies, and pre-MCU movies, too.

I have a thing for shitty writing in comic books because it fits the identity of the genre. The more ridiculously stupid the writing, the more enjoyable it is.
Morbius would have been a good movie if Sony Pictures didn't have a fucking awful editing team, for instance. It felt like an incomplete movie, but had all the markings of a cheesy comic book movie.

I feel the genre is/was more enjoyable when it feels like a shitty B movie with no semblance to reality. The more and more the MCU makes real-world parallels, the more the genre's benefit of escapism fades from its fans.

We don't play games, for instance, to have constant reminders of real world troubles. We play games to distract ourselves from real world troubles by engaging in a fantasy world where those troubles are overcome easily and do not exist in parallel to our own. It's why the Avengers movies worked so well - they told tales of strife, conflict and loss but weren't directly relatable to any real world experiences. So the more outlandish, the more enjoyable, imo.

Last edited: