She-Hulk

Juvarisx

Florida
Speaking of that, who played she hulk in the intro? I guessed it was a wrassler but I didn't recognize her at all.

Was probably Malia Arrayah in costume yea, as she was on the onset standin for CGI She Hulk since she is 6'5

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
it was supposed to be a 4th wall breaking satire on Marvel movie finales where all the foreshadowed things get paid off and join in for the final battle. i think it was just the writers had no idea how to end the season so they went full Wayne's World mega happy ending. i think the only goal they had was to pick on male fans who didnt like how the show was bad and looked cheap so they must be sexists.
Except they wouldn't know that when the show was in production. Heck, the CGI wouldn't even be a thing at that point, so they wouldn't have known it looked cheap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of that, who played she hulk in the intro? I guessed it was a wrassler but I didn't recognize her at all.
It was one of her body doubles who is actually a guy, Devon Lewis.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Except they wouldn't know that when the show was in production. Heck, the CGI wouldn't even be a thing at that point, so they wouldn't have known it looked cheap.

they were smart enough to guess.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There was an interview with Tatiana maslany and the director, whatever her name is (I'm blanking atm) floating around... I think it was probably posted in this thread a few pages back?

But they talk about how they knew going into it that "men" would hate it. Basically they knew that there would be hate about the show, so instead of working on it harder to have their work rebuff the haters (lord, I hate that word), they just doubled down and added scenes to be "meta" about the criticisms.

I REALLY wish we'd get some creative types in the industry to make a good product, even if out of spite. Thats the biggest difference between traditionally successful people and current woke politics.

Traditionally successful people will recognize the challenge they are up against and it will cause them to strive; to work harder so that when they are eventually criticized, the "haters" don't have a leg to stand on. In woke politics, the idea is that all you have to do is fall in line with "the message" and regardless of quality everyone will buy the product. And when that obviously doesn't work, because it NEVER works, it becomes some conspiracy about review bombing, or misogyny, or racism or whatever nebulous boogyman they can conjure up.

If some sjw came up and created an honest to goodness good product, they wouldn't get NEARLY the backlash... They just can't differentiate between honest criticism and fringe outlying belief systems

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There was an interview with Tatiana maslany and the director, whatever her name is (I'm blanking atm) floating around... I think it was probably posted in this thread a few pages back?

But they talk about how they knew going into it that "men" would hate it. Basically they knew that there would be hate about the show, so instead of working on it harder to have their work rebuff the haters (lord, I hate that word), they just doubled down and added scenes to be "meta" about the criticisms.

I REALLY wish we'd get some creative types in the industry to make a good product, even if out of spite. Thats the biggest difference between traditionally successful people and current woke politics.

Traditionally successful people will recognize the challenge they are up against and it will cause them to strive; to work harder so that when they are eventually criticized, the "haters" don't have a leg to stand on. In woke politics, the idea is that all you have to do is fall in line with "the message" and regardless of quality everyone will buy the product. And when that obviously doesn't work, because it NEVER works, it becomes some conspiracy about review bombing, or misogyny, or racism or whatever nebulous boogyman they can conjure up.

If some sjw came up and created an honest to goodness good product, they wouldn't get NEARLY the backlash... They just can't differentiate between honest criticism and fringe outlying belief systems
that stupid chong director in that interview also said she was threatening to quit the show if Kevin Faggy didnt allow her to put a ball cap on K.E.V.I.N. . he said NO. then they said, "how about a visor that looks like a ball cap?" and Faggy said OK. total cuck bitch. the fact that cunt director had the nerve to even mention that in an interview shows how shit tier Marvel is run now.
However, the two creatives did butt heads over a detail involving K.E.V.I.N. as Gao felt that the robot should be wearing a hat that’s reminiscent of Feige’s own trademark caps. But Feige believed that the choice didn’t make sense for a robot, prompting Gao to stick to her guns and even consider exiting the project.

“I was incensed, and in this big meeting, in front of like 20 people, I said, ‘Kevin, if you don’t let me put a hat on that robot, then I quit,’” Gao recalls with a laugh. “And then there was a split second pause, and he just went, ‘Thank you very much, Jessica. You’ve done some great work for us, and we really appreciate everything.’”
Fortunately, Gao and Feige can now laugh about the dust-up as visual development supervisor Jackson Sze brokered an immediate compromise.

“Sweet Jackson Sze, who was head of the vis-dev team and ever the mediator, very gently suggested that they incorporate something into the design of the robot that would make it look like it was wearing a hat, and that was the perfect compromise,” Gao says.

• 1WTF

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Imagine threatening to quit over a fucking hat and then bragging about it. Good on Feige for telling her where the door was...wish she had walked through it.

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Like, of ALL the things to get self-righteous about, it's a robot wearing a ball cap. Someone should have told her to think about that issue for JUST long enough for Kevin to have signed the paperwork for her replacement

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Imagine threatening to quit over a fucking hat and then bragging about it. Good on Feige for telling her where the door was...wish she had walked through it.
what part did he tell her where the door was?

“I was incensed, and in this big meeting, in front of like 20 people, I said, ‘Kevin, if you don’t let me put a hat on that robot, then I quit,’” Gao recalls with a laugh. “And then there was a split second pause, and he just went, ‘Thank you very much, Jessica. You’ve done some great work for us, and we really appreciate everything.’”

if he had said

‘Thank you very much, Jessica. You’ve done some great work for us, we will miss you.’”.
yes that would have been good. but he totally bitched out

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Djay

Trakanon Raider
What he said means the same thing in business speak. That wasn't him giving in...that was him calling her bluff. Otherwise the next line about the compromise suggestion makes no sense since he would have already have given in to her demands. He called her bluff and she needed this Jackson Sze guy to step in with a solution that didn't involve an ultimatum.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What he said means the same thing in business speak. That wasn't him giving in...that was him calling her bluff. Otherwise the next line about the compromise suggestion makes no sense since he would have already have given in to her demands. He called her bluff and she needed this Jackson Sze guy to step in with a solution that didn't involve an ultimatum.
i guess we can just agree to disagree since this is from her side of the conversation which may or may not have ever happened, though i think it did and her ass should be fired at this point for airing her office meeting drama.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I have also realized that as a straight, white, tax paying male, this show is not for me. Not sure how they thought they would survive creating something for less than 1% of the population.
Who is this show even for? Dumb women who are refugees from Twilight? Morbidly obese women who are also moderators at Reddit?

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
i guess we can just agree to disagree since this is from her side of the conversation which may or may not have ever happened, though i think it did and her ass should be fired at this point for airing her office meeting drama.
The rest of us will all agree you're wrong. That was absolutely him showing her the door in tactful way.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider

This was enjoyable. It's so funny how the better shows over the years bring in subject matter experts to consult the writing (IE: great sci-fi shows consult with various scientists). I can imagine this show being better with just some level of consultation from an actual lawyer or two. You'd think the cost of a consultant on a production of this many millions per episode would be trivial in comparison.

I wonder how much of this is ego - like the writers think so little of their audience that they won't care about this level of polish added to a show

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

This was enjoyable. It's so funny how the better shows over the years bring in subject matter experts to consult the writing (IE: great sci-fi shows consult with various scientists). I can imagine this show being better with just some level of consultation from an actual lawyer or two. You'd think the cost of a consultant on a production of this many millions per episode would be trivial in comparison.

I wonder how much of this is ego - like the writers think so little of their audience that they won't care about this level of polish added to a show
What does that white male know? Pfft.

velk

Trakanon Raider

It's worse than that - I guarantee the production had retained real lawyers anyway, for the various legal stuff required.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just finished watching this, I thought it maintained what the comics were and I appreciated that. My only real complaint as the season wrapped up was the predictability of the writing, but then they had a 4th wall break where she complained about the writing too and I had a good laugh at that.

I'll watch a season 2 if they have it. Loved Matt Murdock crossing over into it as well.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users