She-Hulk

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That 4th wall break was great. She did stuff like that in her comic run where she would rip pages out of her own comic to skip the bad guy fight and stuff.

Also K.E.V.I.N. wearing the ball cap was a nice touch.

The last two episodes were easily the best parts of the season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
It was definitely Meta turned to 11. Some of it landed like the K.E.V.I.N stuff was really funny, especially poking fun at some of their Marvel shit being great and some stuff being 'less great'. Overall I wouldn't have minded some more traditional shit like a big fight scene or whatever, but this show has never been a 1:1 superhero show so not following that path makes sense.

velk

Trakanon Raider
That was certainly unexpected as far as finales go.

I give credit for originality though, hitting Kevin with some zingers about movie structure, heh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It was definitely Meta turned to 11. Some of it landed like the K.E.V.I.N stuff was really funny, especially poking fun at some of their Marvel shit being great and some stuff being 'less great'. Overall I wouldn't have minded some more traditional shit like a big fight scene or whatever, but this show has never been a 1:1 superhero show so not following that path makes sense.
Angerz said it earlier, but this show is the most "comic book" show they've done so far. The whole episode with Jen going all 4th wall and skipping/changing stuff is straight from the comics. She-Hulk will jump comic frames or rip out whole pages of the comic to skip stuff that she "doesn't have time for."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The intro to the episode was good...I liked the idea of the 4th wall jump, but felt it was handled poorly upon her return where they just jumped into the scene she drew up.
I don't know...I feel like I'm grasping at straws trying to tear it down or to praise it. It was ok.

I don't know where the series as a whole ranks. I think if the first episode hadn't been absolute garbage I might have enjoyed the whole thing more, but it exists and I doubt I'll ever rewatch it. So it's probably the 3rd worst Marvel Studios TV Series for me.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I dropped out after the first episode, but hey, Daredevil's back, and so am I.

To their credit, if you are going to include any She-Hulk bit, it would be the John Byrne 'conflict'.

But just so I'm clear, unlike people hoped for in the pilot, She-Hulk didn't realize she had her own anger issues she had to manage, she's been flawless the entire time? Shocking.

P.S. So Titania existed in the show only as a red herring to have us not realize Men (as a sex) were the villain all along? Again, shocking.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
But just so I'm clear, unlike people hoped for in the pilot, She-Hulk didn't realize she had her own anger issues she had to manage, she's been flawless the entire time? Shocking.
She loses it in the Eighth episode.

P.S. So Titania existed in the show only as a red herring to have us not realize Men (as a sex) were the villain all along? Again, shocking.
She-Hulk and Titania become bros in the comics. I assume if season 2 happens, that will happen then.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
She loses it in the 8th episode, but she doesn't ever reflect on that. She even said it wasn't her fault...she was set up, blah blah blah. No character growth about how maybe Bruce was right.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
She loses it in the 8th episode, but she doesn't ever reflect on that. She even said it wasn't her fault...she was set up, blah blah blah. No character growth about how maybe Bruce was right.
Not all Gamma Mutates have a Rage thing as bad as Bruce. It's also because Bruce/Hulk are two personalities, where the other Mutates don't have that. It's not even just She-Hulk. Doc Sampson, The Leader, even Red Hulk.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bruce banner has anger management problems, even before he was hulk. Jen doesn't. But I stead of making it a gender issue and having jenn tell Bruce that she manages her emotions infinitely more than him (which is EXTREMELY silly and insulting), the conversation SHOULD have been similar to that old episode of justice league where superman talks about living in a world made of paper.

Jenn no longer gets to have a bad day. She no longer gets to lose her temper even for a split second because as a hulk, if she does that it causes untold amounts of damage and the potential for death is immeasurable. So she doesn't have the same kind of rage issues as bruce, she still has to be conscious of how she reacts TO EVERYTHING. It's not a gender thing, "as a woman I'm always worried about blah blah blah." No woman, you were worried about things as a mortal. Those things are no longer your concern. Your new and forever concern is how not to destroy everything in your path.

what happens when you get cut off on the freeway? what happens when you're late for work and stuck in traffic? what happens when you find out your significant other is cheating on you? maybe you don't have anger issues like bruce, but if you're implying that because you're a woman you don't get angry, then i'm not buying it. she even hulked out in the middle of that conversation... that should have been a moment where bruce pointed out that THOSE are the moments she needs to be concerned about. just like superman, she now lives full time in a world of paper but there's no learning curve, there's no responsibility...

that's where the show lost me. the series finale sounds kind of fun (though the son looked... dumb, but whatever), and i would like to see as much charlie cox as daredevil as possible but i'm just not going to watch the show because of the platitudes. i don't mind a silly show, there's plenty of room for it. as much as some of the d+ have been not so great in my book, i appreciate that they are trying to do different things with them. but that first episode was dead on arrival for me just because of the message

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
unbelievably bad. struggling getting through this 20 minute episode or however long it is. its so stupid. i feel stupid for even watching this mess. its like how women think men talk about women. it would be insulting if it wasnt so pathetic. then these cockweasels put themselves in the episode because they couldnt think of a decent finale. i need to stop watching this MCU shit. its pointless at this point.

• 2Salty
  • 1Edgelord

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
She-Hulk and Titania become bros in the comics. I assume if season 2 happens, that will happen then.
It would make sense. I thought when she showed up it was going to be to defend she-hulk from the slut shaming.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It would make sense. I thought when she showed up it was going to be to defend she-hulk from the slut shaming.
it looked that way, then they switched gears to where she's bringing her phone out to record SH get pwned. shit was all over the place.

Fadaar

That guy
i cant decide if i hate or love the ending. show as a whole was crap but the fact that Feige let that happen was pretty ballsy and self aware.

Juvarisx

Florida
The intro was amazing for the episode as well

Only thing that intro was missing was a recreation of this

Seems Legit Get Out GIF

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
i cant decide if i hate or love the ending. show as a whole was crap but the fact that Feige let that happen was pretty ballsy and self aware.
I read a thing with him and they said he had no problem with the K.E.V.I.N thing except he couldn't understand why it would wear a baseball hat. Everything else added up perfectly in his mind, but he thought a robot AI overlord wearing a hat was confusing. But I guess originally it was wearing an ACTUAL baseball hat in some of the mock-ups, so if he pushed them to make the more subtle change pretty good on him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
unbelievably bad. struggling getting through this 20 minute episode or however long it is. its so stupid. i feel stupid for even watching this mess. its like how women think men talk about women. it would be insulting if it wasnt so pathetic. then these cockweasels put themselves in the episode because they couldnt think of a decent finale. i need to stop watching this MCU shit. its pointless at this point.
Obviously this is not for you, I thought most of the season was enough to keep me going, but the finale was crazy good, and will keep me in-tuned for the next season.

• 2Like