Shia LaBeouf protest of Trump

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The French Air Force is weak. Should have used a Battlebots drone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Flame retardant fabric is going to need a highly flammable accelerant dropped on it. Even if that was a higher temperature flame, its only going to damage it, it shouldn't actually ignite. The problem being, that fabric is not fuel for the flame.

I assume this is possible with a little drone engineering. It just needs to be able to burn without burning the flag as fuel since that isn't possible. That is where gasoline comes in, it can burn the gasoline and then the flag receives the burning damage they are going for.

Here's to hoping they figure it out!

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Flame retardant fabric is going to need a highly flammable accelerant dropped on it. Even if that was a higher temperature flame, its only going to damage it, it shouldn't actually ignite. The problem being, that fabric is not fuel for the flame.

I assume this is possible with a little drone engineering. It just needs to be able to burn without burning the flag as fuel since that isn't possible. That is where gasoline comes in, it can burn the gasoline and then the flag receives the burning damage they are going for.

Here's to hoping they figure it out!

meh, just need better fire. fire retardant isn't fire proof. hang a road flare from the drone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
meh, just need better fire. fire retardant isn't fire proof. hang a road flare from the drone.

I was thinking its Nylon polymer-- assuming its one of those big commercial flags, which kinda makes it plastic. Gonna be a bitch and a half if you have ever felt that shit...you can just tell its built tough.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I was thinking its Nylon polymer-- assuming its one of those big commercial flags, which kinda makes it plastic. Gonna be a bitch and a half if you have ever felt that shit...you can just tell its built tough.

trick to getting fire retardant plastics to go up is to start breaking them down, smoke temp on nylons or polyesters isnt very high unless its some baddass suped up version like spectra or kevlar. cheezy flag cloth probably another element usually a form of alumina that acts as the fire retardant. methylene chloride to soften it up the polymer, and than an ignition source.

But with enough heat anything will burn. getting up to 1800 F isnt very hard to do and that will slump glass.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
My flag boy and your flag boy were Sit-tin' by the fire. - My flag boy told Your flag boy "I'm gonna set your flag on fire."

Iko Iko

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But with enough heat anything will burn. getting up to 1800 F isnt very hard to do and that will slump glass.

Depending how high the flag is, could run an oxygen line attached to the drone and keep the tank on the ground as long as you found a hose long enough that was lightweight enough for the drone to carry the resistance of the hoses weight...hmmmm tough), then some magnesium flu rods to spit magnesium at the fucking thing until its oxidized. Basically, a blow torch.

But the best non-project method, as you said, just get a tiny magnesium lighter and sender 'er up.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Depending how high the flag is, could run an oxygen line attached to the drone and keep the tank on the ground as long as you found a hose long enough that was lightweight enough for the drone to carry the resistance of the hoses weight...hmmmm tough), then some magnesium flu rods to spit magnesium at the fucking thing until its oxidized. Basically, a blow torch.

But the best non-project method, as you said, just get a tiny baby magnesium lighter and sender 'er up.

powdered aluminum + iron oxide + magnesium = thermite. need high ignition temp to set it off. road flares work.

Thermite_skillet.jpg

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
powdered aluminum + iron oxide + magnesium = thermite. need high ignition temp to set it off. road flares work.

I had no idea the burning temperature-- that's fucking nuts. I'm going to cringe when I drive by my next broken down tractor-trailer. No need to get a special lighter when road flares are probably even easier to obtain and even easier to operate.

Who knew all I needed to disable that psycho ex-boyfriend who wont leave her alone's car was powdered magnesium on the hood of his car and.....a road flare.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
a good thermite mix will melt through a manhole cover in a minute or so, in the olden days they would used it to weld railroad tracks together.

• 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Literally just rent a crane in broad daylight, show up in an orange vest with a clipboard, and take it the fuck down.

• 2Worf

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Literally just rent a crane in broad daylight, show up in an orange vest with a clipboard, and take it the fuck down.

If you really want me to explain heavy equipment operation and the logistics involved that prevent your plan I can, but I think it is unnecessary if you focus on the part where the tenants of the property arent going to stand idly by while you shenanigans, and a crane than can pick 40-50' isnt much of a getaway car.

Also RL cranes arent ..

claw-machine.jpg

They put the flag up there with a man in a snorkel lift, it has it own logistical challenges to get onsite and operate.

Besides, that is not how this game is played. Please read the unwritten rules.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If you really want me to explain heavy equipment operation and the logistics involved that prevent your plan I can, but I think it is unnecessary if you focus on the part where the tenants of the property arent going to stand idly by while you shenanigans, and a crane than can pick 40-50' isnt much of a getaway car.

Also RL cranes arent ..

claw-machine.jpg

They put the flag up there with a man in a snorkel lift, it has it own logistical challenges to get onsite and operate.

Besides, that is not how this game is played. Please read the unwritten rules.

Ok not a crane, but like... one of those trucks with the extendable bucket arm things.

Nobody is going to question a thing if it looks official.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Ok not a crane, but like... one of those trucks with the extendable bucket arm things.

Nobody is going to question a thing if it looks official.

not so easy peasy. they arent really self propelled, they have to be brought in on a low boy trailer pulled by a semi, there is a lot of traffic control involved, all that takes time to deploy and retrieve. there is a hour or so window for someone to start asking questions that you dont have answers for. Also those snorkel lifts arent for amateurs, I have almost flipped em a few times and I have over a hundred hours operating one. You arent gonna find a truck bucket that goes that high easily, especially an articulated one.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I see these fuckers everywhere

There's gotta be some 'pedes out there that do this for a living.

Edit: nvm just saw how high up it is lmao. Nobody can even read it. Stupid

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Haha, I misread Poland as Portland.

Big crowd there, this'll bring Trump down. Roll eyes.

Screenshot (300).png

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users