Should you tip the waitress and how much thread

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Deleted. My attempts at rustling and drama are not up to the level of the gifted people here.

And by gifted I mean retarded.

Retarded in a good way, because if you weren't, who would entertain.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
You didn't give yourself any time. Your joke sucked but someone would've bitten eventually. American Inventor.

incadenza_sl

shitlord
I went out to dinner with my sister and brother-in-law around christmas time. We went to Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse and got some sammiches. He ended up tipping the waitress 7 dollars on a 25ish bill. My sister was passive aggresive the rest of the night because she thought he over-tipped because the waitress was attractive.

Simple solution - Don't tip.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Not marrying a cunt will save you more money and piss off less people than not tipping.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Went out to eat the other night, and I ordered chicken marsala over linguini. The server brings it back and it's spaghetti. I mention it to her and she just looks at me and goes, "Oh, well..."

Told her I ordered linguini; who knows whose fault it was - most cooks in those places are good at the specific pastas, since that what they make the most, but either way, server should have known as it was coming out that it wasn't what I ordered. Two wrongs, and all that.

Eff servers.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The BF paid for the meal so I assume he did. Don't know what he tipped her. He's not prone to tipping for bad service but I didn't ask.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went out to eat the other night, and I ordered chicken marsala over linguini. The server brings it back and it's spaghetti. I mention it to her and she just looks at me and goes, "Oh, well..."

Told her I ordered linguini; who knows whose fault it was - most cooks in those places are good at the specific pastas, since that what they make
I have a co-worker who calls any pasta topped with red sauce and beef, spaghetti. I'm like "That's penne, not spaghetti". Then he goes on about how noodles are noodles.

Went to Denny's the other night, got some fried shrimp and fish. When it came out, it looked way over fried, but was actually quite tasty, so I just assume the fish fryer hasn't had it's oil changed recently. The server made my wife's smoothie, but it came to us cool at best, not cold, and she didn't know how to make strawberry lemonade.

I still tipped because she was nice and refilled our drinks and put up with my "tired from work" and "tired of being sick" blah.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I have a co-worker who calls any pasta topped with red sauce and beef, spaghetti. I'm like "That's penne, not spaghetti". Then he goes on about how noodles are noodles.
If you corrected me like that I'd call you a faggot and make fun of you until you cried like the little bitch that you are.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Went to a little diner called the Paki Hotel for lunch yesterday. Owner came out and said hello and we chatted a bit while they moved tables to make room for our sons stroller (have one of the giant fucking BOB strollers). They were out of green apple soda but they know how much my wife loves that shit so they sent one of the cooks to get more from the local grocery store. Had freshly baked chipote, lentils, chicken masala and rice. Everything was done perfectly and the service was excellent. Paid 3 dollars for the meal and didn't tip them a goddamn dime.

Clearly tipping is essential or service goes to shit and food prices skyrocket amirite guys?!?!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If you corrected me like that I'd call you a faggot and make fun of you until you cried like the little bitch that you are.
All I took for this is your have a sandy vag because you don't know the difference between something as simple as pastas and don't like your ignorance pointed out.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
If the service its OK, I round the bill up to the nearest ten dollar amount split in half add then move the decimal point.--45 bill round to50 half=25 add75 =7.50 tip

So I tip 15%+ if the service is bad 10% if really great20%+-bill-move decimal double it--45 bill=4.5*2=9 dollar tip.

On the Very rare occasion no tip-done that like twice ever-service was particularly bad, order screwed up, took forever to get rightfood, etc.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
wtf? Just multiply it by the %(+100) you want to tip, why the fuck are you doing so much math.

Also don't be fucking cheap.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
All I took for this is your have a sandy vag because you don't know the difference between something as simple as pastas and don't like your ignorance pointed out.
He can't even figure out how mailboxes work, you expect him to figure out pasta?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Went to a little diner called the Paki Hotel for lunch yesterday. Owner came out and said hello and we chatted a bit while they moved tables to make room for our sons stroller (have one of the giant fucking BOB strollers). They were out of green apple soda but they know how much my wife loves that shit so they sent one of the cooks to get more from the local grocery store. Had freshly baked chipote, lentils, chicken masala and rice. Everything was done perfectly and the service was excellent. Paid 3 dollars for the meal and didn't tip them a goddamn dime.

Clearly tipping is essential or service goes to shit and food prices skyrocket amirite guys?!?!
Do you live in Mexico?

If the service its OK, I round the bill up to the nearest ten dollar amount split in half add then move the decimal point.--45 bill round to50 half=25 add75 =7.50 tip

So I tip 15%+ if the service is bad 10% if really great20%+-bill-move decimal double it--45 bill=4.5*2=9 dollar tip.
That was the most convoluted way of saying 15% I think I've ever heard. "I take ~5% and add it to 10%" mind blowing.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
He was retarded, but essentially that's what I do for tipping 20%.

Check is $56
Make it 60.
6 x 2 = 12.
Done.

Or if you like 15% It's not actually doing math.

Check is $56
Make it 60
6 + 6/2 = 9
Done.