Silicon Valley

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
They've still got it!. I bet CEO dude (forget his name but loved him in Californication) is gonna turn into a monster once hendricks falls in line and signs a contract
How could it go any other way? Bighead continuing to fail upwards is still hilarious.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I lost it when Gavin went up to the podium and talked about the courage it took to fire the entire Nucleus team and stay to shoulder the burden of their failure.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I know this show is mostly technically right. So what was the loophole they used to fire everyone? The employment contract being illegal and thus void so they couldn't secure Pied Piper from Richard. They used this same loophole to get rid of everyone.

Is that right?

I, for one, welcome the rising star that is Bighead.

Erlich telling Jared to smoke the bong so it wouldn't break and him fighting the robot were priceless.

Tenks

The loophole was the Hooli contracts had a non-compete clause which I guess is illegal in California. So the contracts at Hooli were worthless and Hooli exercised the option to eliminate whoever they wanted that had flawed contracts. If it would work that way in the real world or not I have no clue.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I lost it when Gavin went up to the podium and talked about the courage it took to fire the entire Nucleus team and stay to shoulder the burden of their failure.
Honestly every time I see Big Head with that double big gulp I just crack up laughing.

Tenks

Big Head will take the 20M buyout, fully fund Pied Piper as the visionary, young CEO the company needs! Bag Head is the future of the valley.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Good first episode, enjoyed this more yesterday than GOT - I cracked up over the Stanford robot scene

Tenks

I also loved Erlich and the new CEO saying Aviato in increasingly more foreign accents hilarious

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I also loved Erlich and the new CEO saying Aviato in increasingly more foreign accents hilarious
He's going to evolve into some monstrous blowhard. And what the fuck was with all the frat boys in the preview?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The loophole was the Hooli contracts had a non-compete clause which I guess is illegal in California. So the contracts at Hooli were worthless and Hooli exercised the option to eliminate whoever they wanted that had flawed contracts. If it would work that way in the real world or not I have no clue.
Right. Since the non compete was null it voids the contracts, meaning they can toss out anyone on one of those contracts without the protection that might have been in it, in terms of stock or severance.

At the same time they can't enforce any non competes so anyone who walks can do anything they want,

Also I took it as them using the money from firing those people to pay for the huge buyout on Big Head who had a valid contract. Gavin made that his priority over day care or bonuses so he could further bury the failure of nucleus. He cut the division now he needs to hide the moron he kept around only for the lawsuit that he lost and fucked over the contracts.

Edit...not sure why I'm a retard and posted twice instead of it going into one. Thought I quoted into both but I'm an idiot.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This episode was awesome. I still think nothing will ever top the masturbation scene from season 1, but a scene like that comes by once in a lifetime.

The investor woman boss lady is just annoying - i don't really find her funny. I did chuckle when she said it was a really emotional time for her as well though.

Gavin at the podium saying it took courage to do what he did and the 3 blowhards in the front admiring him so dearly was so much what it's like at my job, I laughed at that pretty heavily.

Maybe it's Richard's experience but if I were in his shoes I would've instantly taken the CTO gig at my own company.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This episode was awesome. I still think nothing will ever top the masturbation scene from season 1, but a scene like that comes by once in a lifetime.

The investor woman boss lady is just annoying - i don't really find her funny. I did chuckle when she said it was a really emotional time for her as well though.

Gavin at the podium saying it took courage to do what he did and the 3 blowhards in the front admiring him so dearly was so much what it's like at my job, I laughed at that pretty heavily.

Maybe it's Richard's experience but if I were in his shoes I would've instantly taken the CTO gig at my own company.
Completely agree, that investor chick is the only bit I don't find funny on the show. But her stuff is pretty few and far between so no biggy - still best comedy on TV by far IMO.