Silicon Valley

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Right. Since the non compete was null it voids the contracts, meaning they can toss out anyone on one of those contracts without the protection that might have been in it, in terms of stock or severance.

At the same time they can't enforce any non competes so anyone who walks can do anything they want,

Also I took it as them using the money from firing those people to pay for the huge buyout on Big Head who had a valid contract. Gavin made that his priority over day care or bonuses so he could further bury the failure of nucleus. He cut the division now he needs to hide the moron he kept around only for the lawsuit that he lost and fucked over the contracts.

Edit...not sure why I'm a retard and posted twice instead of it going into one. Thought I quoted into both but I'm an idiot.
If a particular clause is unenforceable then just those clauses are unenforceable, it generally doesn't nullify the whole contract assuming they included a severability clause (which virtually every contract I've ever seen does).

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If a particular clause is unenforceable then just those clauses are unenforceable, it generally doesn't nullify the whole contract assuming they included a severability clause (which virtually every contract I've ever seen does).
Thanks, Cad.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Mike Judge is firing on all cylinders. This episode was just an angry ball of frustration coated with tasty one-liners.

I feel like this was the most Office-Spacey episode so far... you could feel the corporate disdain seeping from every pore.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This show is killing it on every possible level. Not only is it funny, but it is a dead on perfect satire of the world they're describing.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Really lost it with the presentation at the end. Especially "think inside the box." Show is too good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
how is putting the pied piper program in a box that does nothing is in any way marketable? are they just selling the name at this point and the program itself is being tossed aside?

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
how is putting the pied piper program in a box that does nothing is in any way marketable? are they just selling the name at this point and the program itself is being tossed aside?
I wanted to bitch slap the hell out of those sales people. Annoying as fuck, and setting up Richard to be a laughing stock when the product gets spit roasted by critics.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Seriously, who could imagine a show about the tech industry showing graphic horse on horse action, including a come shot? Hilarious.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They're using the lossless compression algorithm to just make it easier to for a business to store all of their information in like a single server farm. Or one of those Pied Piper boxes. Rather than using iso a person can store 100x more shit on their iPhone.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Disk is still quite expensive. If you can sell a 10 petabyte PP blade that effectily "stores" an Exabyte that is a massive, massive win for corporations. I'm not sure if you're aware how much storage is currently being used by companies today to keep all data they collect around but its a fuckton.

Cybsled

Disk is still quite expensive. If you can sell a 10 petabyte PP blade that effectily "stores" an Exabyte that is a massive, massive win for corporations. I'm not sure if you're aware how much storage is currently being used by companies today to keep all data they collect around but its a fuckton.
This. Plus due to litigation concerns, they typically have to keep even "useless" data around for a certain period of time. It is still a marketable product, but it is a safe usage of it and not really ground breaking in the way he envisioned it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, there's also the side part of that episode where the Hooli guys just figured out how he did the middle out compression, and they're going to sell it. Maybe they'll even make a company themselves, and he can oversee it or something. All of the people taking camera phone pictures of that whiteboard are going to play a stronger role this season than they have in the first 2 episodes.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think all of those guys being fired from Hooli who just figured out the algorithm are going to all start trying to sell the concept to whoever will buy it. Because they ALL took out their phones to take pictures of the whiteboard.

This will make competition start to become real I guess. But realistically the headstart Pied Piper has is ENORMOUS. They're effectively 2 years ahead of all possible competition.

Debase

N00b
Found it hilarious that the comparable motion of simultaneously jerking two dudes off at once was the visual trigger for the Hooli guy understanding the compression trick. Brilliant.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Found it hilarious that the comparable motion of simultaneously jerking two dudes off at once was the visual trigger for the Hooli guy understanding the compression trick. Brilliant.
I agree that was a nice subtle throwback.

I laughed so hard when Jian-Yang stuffed the Kimono in the disposal and just started screaming. "NO one is even here who are you yelling at?"