Silicon Valley

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, TJ's THR interview had him saying he wanted to do different stuff
T.J. Miller Breaks Silence on Leaving 'Silicon Valley'

but then he did an interview on Larry King a few days ago and it seemed to reinforce the idea he wants to do something new and unstable and probably spend more time with his wife (they live in NYC, show is shot in CA)

this is his wife

guess we won't really know for a year or two. His recent comedy special was really bad.
i think he was fucking up and they just wanted to get rid of him. maybe they werent willing to create another charlie sheen situation and told him get your shit straightened out or we arent giving you the money you want. he decided to leave which might have threw a monkey wrench in the story arch and so they cobbled together a spur of a moment exit.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They really do need to fix Richard, they have turned him into shit and brings down every episode and its a stuggle trying to watch ever week almost

Ganthorn

N00b
They really do need to fix Richard, they have turned him into shit and brings down every episode and its a stuggle trying to watch ever week almost

I saw someone post he is turning into Gavin. I wonder if Gavin is going to come back different and set him straight

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah Richard is so unlikable that I want them all to fail for being dumb enough to stick with him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
There's a real career choice in it. He'll never be more than the zany-ass friend, like was said. But he's fine with that and wants to embrace it.

He wants to do absurdist humor. He probably wants to do his own show. I mean why not. Absurdism is great. Silicon has bankrolled him if nothing else.

He's the new Will Ferrel. Will Ferrel was the exact same sort of grungy absurdist. Miller has the body to match it.

He's going to have a real challenging time doing it. He doesn't have a big audience, but he does have an audience. That audience though... it's very fickle. It's very temporary. In three years they're not going to be with him anymore. Dada is raw creativity. And a lot of times it just falls flat.

I think he'll burn out. They almost always do. Every now and then one manages to keep a balance and grow into something stronger than raw dada.

Telling Colbert that he's a nihilist though, the way that he did it. Coming out in a purple suit and a bowtie with a gold chain.... He's playing for a college crowd. It's unsophisticated. Which is not a bad thing in itself. But it does mean that it won't age while his audience does.

He's the sad clown, isn't he. That'll work for a while. It would probably keep him in good work the rest of his life in NY or LA. It'll work locally. But he's wanting to break nationally. Obviously.

I dunno man. Very few manage to do that. And of those very few VERY few of them are sad clowns.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, Richard is insufferable. That's what real, actual autism does to a person.

Makes you want to the smack the shit out of them.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I hope TJ Miller fails spectacularly. All these uppity TV actors always wanting to be the next George-Clooney-leaving-ER success story. Fuck them.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
I hope TJ Miller fails spectacularly. All these uppity TV actors always wanting to be the next George-Clooney-leaving-ER success story. Fuck them.

agree. hope he pulls a kathy griff and ruins his career going full retard

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I guess im in the minority that isnt upset with him for leaving. His jokes on the show were becoming repetitive. I do think they need another character LIKE him to balance out the cast. Its just one of my pet peeves on shows when a character makes the same dumb mistakes over and over again, without learning anything. Its lazy writing.

Its also why richard is becoming so annoying to me. The characters are making dumb decisions because thats what the writers need them to do for the sake of the plot, rather then the other way around. The actual decisions arent realistic a lot of the time.
Like, why wouldnt richard explain to gilfoyle n dinesh why he rejected the deal, the same way monica told him. Maybe they would have still been mad, but at least TRY to make them see. Or, take his deal, pocket the cash and use it to fund a new company when his thing crash and burns.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
this season was definitely a step down in quality, far fewer if any laugh out loud moments

I still enjoy the show, but its all been down hill since the greatest dick joke ever told. You can't really top that.

Maul

Dental Dammer
TJ Miller stole the fucking show, him and Jin Yang were the best thing about it, with Jared a close second.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's a real career choice in it. He'll never be more than the zany-ass friend, like was said. But he's fine with that and wants to embrace it.

He wants to do absurdist humor. He probably wants to do his own show. I mean why not. Absurdism is great. Silicon has bankrolled him if nothing else.

He's the new Will Ferrel. Will Ferrel was the exact same sort of grungy absurdist. Miller has the body to match it.

He's going to have a real challenging time doing it. He doesn't have a big audience, but he does have an audience. That audience though... it's very fickle. It's very temporary. In three years they're not going to be with him anymore. Dada is raw creativity. And a lot of times it just falls flat.

I think he'll burn out. They almost always do. Every now and then one manages to keep a balance and grow into something stronger than raw dada.

Telling Colbert that he's a nihilist though, the way that he did it. Coming out in a purple suit and a bowtie with a gold chain.... He's playing for a college crowd. It's unsophisticated. Which is not a bad thing in itself. But it does mean that it won't age while his audience does.

He's the sad clown, isn't he. That'll work for a while. It would probably keep him in good work the rest of his life in NY or LA. It'll work locally. But he's wanting to break nationally. Obviously.

I dunno man. Very few manage to do that. And of those very few VERY few of them are sad clowns.
Thing is, he could have done all those things and still stuck with his safe bet TV show keeping his name out there. This shit keeps happening. Hollywood has career graveyards full of people who became hot off a TV show, demanded a huge salary raise, didn't get it, quit in a huff to make it big on their own and have themselves become quickly forgotten by the public. There are exceptions, but most of the time it's a suicidal career move. The best bet is to ride the fame train for that show's entire run getting side work along the way that doesn't interfere with your bread and butter. Then after the show ends you try to become a star on your own .

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I think you take the safe money, too.

But he's decided that he'll never be hotter. Apparently. And it's really hard to say that he's wrong. So... a year or two of safe money or take your shot?

I think he'll flame out too. The sad clown just ain't gonna fly for long. hardcore SJW'ing is probably exactly the right career move for LA and colleges even if you don't believe it. I can give him credit that he does believe it.

He apparently did a stand up special on HBO? Not netflix. He's got to convince someone to make a movie with him in a leading role. Or else he's got to convince someone to do a serial with him in a leading role. The movie does not seem like it would be very likely, but going from Silicon to another tv show seems even less likely.

But there's also plenty of guys that have done his role, taken the safe money, and faded into obscurity just the same.

It sounds like he's a real fucking idiot with money. The money he's already made off silicon should be enough to last him a while. But not if he's just running around vegas craps tables drunk.

He's gonna need a real act. Purple suits, gold chains, and saying he's a nihilist on colbert just ain't gonna be enough. That's how you get attention. Not how you keep it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A lot of salty fucks over a guy leaving a tv show.
Not salty. He could fuck off along with the rest of the cast and I will still watch the show as long as mike judge is running things. His tv and movies have kept me laughing for a quarter century. He's never let me down. This guy is going to be easy to replace.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, I think you take the safe money, too.

But he's decided that he'll never be hotter. Apparently. And it's really hard to say that he's wrong. So... a year or two of safe money or take your shot?

I think he'll flame out too. The sad clown just ain't gonna fly for long. hardcore SJW'ing is probably exactly the right career move for LA and colleges even if you don't believe it. I can give him credit that he does believe it.

He apparently did a stand up special on HBO? Not netflix. He's got to convince someone to make a movie with him in a leading role. Or else he's got to convince someone to do a serial with him in a leading role. The movie does not seem like it would be very likely, but going from Silicon to another tv show seems even less likely.

But there's also plenty of guys that have done his role, taken the safe money, and faded into obscurity just the same.

It sounds like he's a real fucking idiot with money. The money he's already made off silicon should be enough to last him a while. But not if he's just running around vegas craps tables drunk.

He's gonna need a real act. Purple suits, gold chains, and saying he's a nihilist on colbert just ain't gonna be enough. That's how you get attention. Not how you keep it.
I saw him do some commercials and he did a voice of a nerd in big hero 6. Otherwise, I dunno him outside this show.