Silicon Valley

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I thought this was another great episode. I don't look at the show as a comedy. Maybe that's just me, though. I'm gonna be sad if it ever gets canceled.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nothing makes a thread unreadable faster than a couple people deciding they don't like the show anymore and moaning about it week after week. If you don't like the show, stop watching it. There's plenty of other TV to watch.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Tenks was responding about last week. Which was a good one.

This is a comedy though, and I don't remember laughing once for this week's episode. I could tell they were going for jokes (the matching pajamas, Haley Joel Osment's dude-bro attitude) but they all fell VERY flat.
it was the setup for the finale episode, so it had to be story centric, notice, no jin yiang. and there was some funniness, not "not hot dog" or dick sucking smart fridge hilarity, but dinesh and guilfoyle in matching jammies cracked me up.

spronk

FPS noob
richard has become a huge fuck boy so its hard to really enjoy any time on screen when he is there. I can't even figure out what the fuck he wants either, if all he cared about was making an internet2 with his tech then joining forces with Haley woulda made sense, that guy could be the biz guy and he could be the tech nerd. But he seems to want it ALL - be the CEO of a huge billion dollar company, make his tech famous, and do it all without anyones help. He is just the worlds biggest narcissist at this point.

i did think though that they were gonna find Erlich hanging on a rope off his palapa, that woulda definitely finalized his exit off the show... surprised they DIDNT do that

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
richard has become a huge fuck boy so its hard to really enjoy any time on screen when he is there. I can't even figure out what the fuck he wants either, if all he cared about was making an internet2 with his tech then joining forces with Haley woulda made sense, that guy could be the biz guy and he could be the tech nerd. But he seems to want it ALL - be the CEO of a huge billion dollar company, make his tech famous, and do it all without anyones help. He is just the worlds biggest narcissist at this point.

But the whole point of the secret meeting between Richard and hot VS chick (forgot her name) was to realize he's just a hype man, he doesn't want to make an Internet 2.0, he just wants to hype it up, and cash out for big money.

Kulgan

Molten Core Raider
How can you not laugh when Jared is wearing Monica's disappointment sweater?

url

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I actually liked Haley "dude bro" Osment's character this EPs. Shit I even got excited for the guys when they finally almost hit a payday. I look forward to Jack tanking at Hooli-con.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know why but I haven't hung in with Veep this season. Never hated an episode, but there are 3 unwatched on my DVR and I just don't have the urge to watch them. I've been busy so some other TV is slipping through the cracks but in the past I would have found the time to watch Veep and this season I just don't give a shit.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Holy fuck Dinesh with the suicide bomber wifi.

I was really hoping they would see that joke through a little more. Totally wasted opportunity,

Also,they need to borrow some writers from Veep. That show is almost nothing but terrible human beings, yet you find yourself cheering for them. On the flip side, I find myself hating Richard more and more each episode, although I'm pretty sure he's the hero we're supposed to be cheering for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Also,they need to borrow some writers from Veep. That show is almost nothing but terrible human beings, yet you find yourself cheering for them. On the flip side, I find myself hating Richard more and more each episode, although I'm pretty sure he's the hero we're supposed to be cheering for.
He's not.

EDIT: The literary conflict that underlies the whole show is Man vs his own Hubris. Gavin, Jack, Erlich and Russ all represent the hubris of silicon valley culture, while Jared and Monica are constantly trying to steer Richard away from it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I don't think you're supposed to be rooting for any of them.

The idea is these disconnected little cultures and the bizzare ways that they connect into the zeitgeist.

The joke is more along the lines of, "These are the people making the big decisions whether they know it or not".

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Best episode of the season by far. So many laughs.

Say what you want about how each season starts and its humdrum middle, but these blockbuster finales are gold.