Silicon Valley

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is becoming horribly tedious but yes a show can withold information to build a storyline. That isn't breaking the 4th wall.
There is a difference between withholding information Usual Suspects style and only showing character interaction, which then misleads the audience and actually showing characters saying "Hey this is totally our plan, this is what we're gonna do" while NOBODY they are trying to fool is even around ONLY to fool the audience.

What you're suggesting would definitely qualify as breaking the 4th wall. You even admitted as much by saying it's to cement the idea with the audience and not pied piper... the actual people they're trying to fool. So now the audience has information that pied piper doesn't, and never will have (they're "faked conversations") and so that information bears no meaning on the character driven story and would only be there to fool the audience. No reason to do that unless you know the audience is there.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So they purposely lied to the audience as if the audience was part of the story and they know about us? So this show is breaking the 4th wall now? And they came up with that Carla plan on the fly after she told them to fuck off and pay her?
No. They just omitted the details that would make that obvious to us. But I agree with Tenks, if it goes down this way it's more of a clever way to deceive the viewers for one episode than an actual clever plan in reality.

But again guys, this show isn't The Wire. The Haversack thing is just a bit and a funny one at that.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well, one option would be to just say "interesting theory, let's see if it's true next week!", or we could have an extended debate about whether it's true even though none of us has any idea. Not sure which one of those is a big waste of time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Imagine speculating and debating something on an internet forum. I don't know why we're even allowed to post anything here. We only need two buttons. "Like!" and "Fuck You!"

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, one option would be to just say "interesting theory, let's see if it's true next week!", or we could have an extended debate about whether it's true even though none of us has any idea. Not sure which one of those is a big waste of time.
Please, you were in the Better Call Saul thread. You know damn well what kind of crowd this is.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Let's instead complain about how other people post in another thread.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can answer some questions immediately by rewatching the Season 3 teaser trailer.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I don't watch the next episode trailers.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hit the "I am completely neutral about your post. I am neither happy nor displeased that you made it.." or the "Fuck You!" button.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I tried watching this, but by the second season i was too irritated by Richard that i had to stop. It felt like i was watching a anime with an annoying lead character.

CnCGOD_sl

shitlord
I also love how sales sold something without anyone backing it. Mainly because that happens all the fucking time. Sales will just say anything to close the deal.
Selling futures can cause some ugly legal/finance problems for tech companies. You should see the disclaimers I have to put in my technical decks on not-GA stuff.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Richard busting his head on the desk was the first good laugh I've had this season.