Silicon Valley

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Was surprised by the Dr. Octagon in the credits this week, but at least it'll give me an excuse to revisit those albums that I haven't heard in years.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
That whooping scene in the basement or whatever the fuck when Richard found the notes was hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard at this show in a while. Fucking Jared's face hahaha.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Now understanding that you have to suspend disbelief to an extent to really enjoy any TV show or movie, this episode was just cringe worthy.

#1 Dinesh totally fucks over Richard by reneging on his gentlemens agreement to share user stats and does it in the most asshole'ish way and everyone just sort of writes it off and just goes back to being chummy roomates.
#2 Dinesh is CIO for about a week and and gets so cocky he goes on TV and basically admits to steal Hooli chat. He also lies about submitting the terms and conditions to the app store thereby creating a situation where everyone in that house loses out on their shares of a potential billion dollar company. But after wards there are no lawsuits or ass kickings to be had everyone just goes back to being chummy roomates and are like "Guess were back to looking for work" instead of being like "motherfucker you cost me a chance at being a millionaire!"
#3 Bigheads dad who was such a hard ass protecting his son from Erlich being irresponsible is totally ok with the company CIO (who didn't even have a seat on the board) selling the only asset his son had left without even having a vote on the board?!? He is suddenly back to being "son you need to do something with your life"
#4 Monica's brillant plan that blew up in her face when the guy out smarted her simply by saying "I don't want this project anymore"
#5 Richard whining about wanting to see the notebooks of a dead venture capitalist and then Monica being like "Ok I will let someone not even with my company potentially harvest a trillion dollar idea from these notebooks, no worries"
#6 Richard getting the notebooks and seemingly only being happy about the fact that someone else had a similar idea thereby I guess validating he wasn't crazy? Although spinning around in a chair all faggoty because you were validated doesn't really prove it after all.
#6 Richard getting desperate and going to the one person who has done nothing but try and destroy you the whole time looking to get some sort of partnership going.

Episode was so bad I almost couldn't finish it. I used to love this show but man this season is weak as fuck and last night it jumped the shark. There was not a single situation where I could plausibly imagine any of these folks doing what they were doing after having been through what they had been through. When the best parts of the show involve Bighead you know you're in trouble.

Z98Auyu.gif

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As I said there is a normal level of suspension of disbelief I offer. The previous seasons insanity was at least entertaining. This shit was just dumb.
yes, but this show is extreme satire on the goings ons at tech companies and small tech upstarts. they may hit some things on the nose, but by no means is this remotely a reality based program. some things seem dumb because they are meant to be. you cant excuse jin yiang's water based creature recipes and then critique other silliness.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Since your hobbies seem to include watching shitty TV shows that used to be good and then acting like they are still hilarious I might not be your kind of guy.

The trolling was going so well, until the typical trying too hard post was made.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I really enjoyed the stupid contraptions people were riding around on the hooli campus.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
this is the best episode i've seen in a long time (aka made me laugh while sober)

love the bonding btwn internet hacker chick that dinesh is trying to plow meeting guilfoil IRL vs whatever hacker forums they're from

that guy SUCKS - he's a motherfucking prick, everyone hates him on the messages boards

:smuggly:

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
this is the best episode i've seen in a long time (aka made me laugh while sober)

love the bonding btwn internet hacker chick that dinesh is trying to plow meeting guilfoil IRL vs whatever hacker forums they're from

that guy SUCKS - he's a motherfucking prick, everyone hates him on the messages boards

:smuggly:

There was confirmed plowing.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Right because a company that is based solely off making money is going to just hand over a trillion dollar idea to someone who was stuck. He even says "these notebook are gonna save me months". Well if thats the case wouldn't Revega own 50% of Richards new idea since all of Peter Gregorys ideas are their IP? Thats just some dumb shit.

So, unless your ideas are protected by patents or trademarks or trade secrets (or copyright, but ideas/methods in general can't be copyrighted), or you have an NDA with the person preventing the disclosure/use... if you freely show your ideas to someone they can fucking use it however they like. Monica was a representative of the company and showed Richard that shit, he doesn't owe them jack shit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So how was the "idea" of a new internet patented without anything to go behind it? How do you patent an idea with no work?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So how was the "idea" of a new internet patented without anything to go behind it? How do you patent an idea with no work?
if the math is there, isnt that good enough? i mean didnt Edison patent all his shiity lightbulbs before he came up with the right filament?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, but then Gavin patented it to spite Peter to force him to return to focusing on Hooli. So Gavin didn't have any of the math done. Peter did, but he isn't the one that patented it.