Silkroad seized, DPR arrested

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Publicity is what did them in. Should have kept the sheep out and started limiting registration about 4-6 months ago.

Either way this is nothing more than a hiccup, and all of the big buyers are in contact with their vendors through PGP and email, still doing business, for the time being. BMR will bring a lot of vendors and I am sure something new will pop up soon enough. There is a huge market out there for it and you better believe there are a handful of people fighting to take DPR spot as the internet drug king.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
BMR just bit the dust too, at least for the time being, someone stole & leaked the source code.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
BMR just bit the dust too, at least for the time being, someone stole & leaked the source code.
BMR went back up after about a day. The new SR is also up and running, it goes 100% online tomorrow.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This just goes to show that you can't shut down websites. If you do, then two more pop up in it's vacancy.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
MTGUSD: $424.00 low/high: $365.00/$429.89 (buy $424.00 sell $424.59) Volume: 30,257.43*BTC

China and Silk Road 2 are causing bitcoins to skyrocket!

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I don't think it has anything to do with SR2, BC's have been climbing steadily for weeks now, and a huge chunk, probably the majority, of business from the original SR went over to BMR and SMP within a few days of SR going down.

Personally, I'd be very skeptical of SR2 for the time being, but that's just me.