SimCity

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
What causes so many run-downed buildings / rubble / etc? I play for 30 minutes without using the dozer and boom 100 of each or some shit. Is it because I was playing on fastest speeds? Pain in the ass having to demolish so many places.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, and you really have to keep tending to abandoned buildings through the life of your city.

They're generally a sign you're not administering the city evenly. Once a company or family feels unhappy enough, it leaves the city and the building is abandoned. Alternatively disasters and fires (pretty frequent) can leave buildings abandoned because the people fled or died.

If you raise taxes a lot, you'll see the affected people get upset and leave, creating a swath of abandonment. Abandoned buildings cause a reduction in property value too, so if left untended they'll cause a ripple effect that will make otherwise less upset sims leave as well. It feels like a lose/lose type of daze mechanic with whack-a-mole thrown in to me. I'd rather this was re-designed.

I've gone for like 20mins with only the occasional fire causing a problem. I was being attentive and addressing services and such. But they can get all pissy when you're not looking and you'll have a tedious chore cleaning them up.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The combination of me not knowing what I was doing and the natural disasters that hit me turned Grobb into a town for trolls. Hmm, maybe that was the intention.

Anyway, I tried scrapping it and starting fresh after building up some cash, but the game doesn't really allow for that. If anyone can remove Grobb from the region I'd appreciate it...I can't figure out how to just delete my own shit.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My second city I made I just started off my roads with high-density street car avenues and traffic ended up being ok. There was still congestion in some spots but that's the best you can do. It takes up a ton of space though. ><

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was excited for this game. Was.

Vowed never to play any other game that required Origin after the fuckshit that was BF3.
I don't think its origin that is having problems. It's the servers the game is hosted on. It's like a usual online launch, can get logged in, but as soon as you go to play the game, issues galore. Which sucks, game is addicting and fun but connectivity/synching issues and servers being full is killing it.

Origin itself is working fine.

If anyone can remove Grobb from the region I'd appreciate it...I can't figure out how to just delete my own shit.
I'm not sure you can delete a city out of a region, since others may be using it for unlocks/resources/materials/services. I know you can abandon a region via the my games tab, but don't think it actually removes it from where you were playing.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Glad I clicked the "Getting Started" button so it could load me into a city and not do anything.
I'm also really glad you can't skip the tutorial because that would allow me to play instead of just staring at the game screen with my only option to play a tutorial that brings up no dialog box or allows me to do anything at all. This game is super sweet guys

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I bulldozed it clean so at least I won't be exporting any ridiculous crime sprees. Sucks that a region might be lost, though. There's just no way to start over on a tile after you've built it up due to fires and crime being rampant as soon as you plop down your first zone.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm also really glad you can't skip the tutorial because that would allow me to play instead of just staring at the game screen with my only option to play a tutorial that brings up no dialog box or allows me to do anything at all. This game is super sweet guys
You can kinda skip it. As soon as you enter it, go to the 3 dot button at the top right and "Exit to main menu".

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
What the motherfuck is this piece of shit? So I finally got past the tutorial, or did the tutorial, but I can't actually DO anything in the game. It says I am "visiting" at the very top. I can start a region and "claim it," and when I go in, it says I am "visiting." All the construction bars like roads and zones just bring up a blank bar. What the fuck is going on? I can't DO anything even when I get in.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
They're offering refunds :

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...30019.page#top

EA_ComRaven

Community Manager

Hey all, after going through this thread (and the many similar ones), let me first of all apologize to each and every one of you; as gamers ourselves, we absolutely appreciate how aggravating it is to sit there and not be able to play. So yes, we are very sorry for the delay, and I just hope that once you have started playing, you can enjoy the game itself its fullest, despite this experience!

3.) Refunds: If you regrettably feel that we left you down, you can of course request a refund for your order athttp://help.origin.com/contact-us, though we are currently still in the process of resolving this issue.
Or are they :

Well, it seems EA_ComRaven lied anyway. Refunds are NOT available. I just requested one from support.

Edit: "Deepak" from support says EA_ComRaven isn't even an EA representative.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Hey guys, quick question. If you've bought a boxed retail copy, you can download the digital version from origin anyway right, instead of installing it with the dvd? Just wanted to make sure since my dvd drive's borked.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hey guys, quick question. If you've bought a boxed retail copy, you can download the digital version from origin anyway right, instead of installing it with the dvd? Just wanted to make sure since my dvd drive's borked.
You just need the product code.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I tried a oil town. It was going great, but toward the end my delivery trucks couldn't make it through traffic fast enough to empty storage tanks. This is with high density avenues , bus, street cars, ferry and train. Kinda of silly I can't put down a freight/commericial train station + a passenger one.

I would assume getting the Port helps a ton but it requires a crap ton of trading/"resource of your choice gathering" to unlock.

I wish they had more then 1 entrance to the city from the regional highway. Forcing all vehicle traffic through 1 entrance is just asking for trouble. After getting a department of transportation, you should be able to add connection to the regional highway.

In the end though I don't think it would have matter, my town was slowly running out of water. Friend I was playing with did ask a interesting question, will a water table replenish if you stop pumping from it over time?

Budos

In the end though I don't think it would have matter, my town was slowly running out of water. Friend I was playing with did ask a interesting question, will a water table replenish if you stop pumping from it over time?
If it's near water, yeah.

Budos

Just a heads up to everyone that's been playing lately:

-Faille and I started a fresh region in Veridian Woods, on US East 1, named: 'Rerolled 2.'
-The people who I sent invites to are : Tuco, Argaza, Vvoid, Faille, Springbok, Intropy, Hachima, Arazen, (origin names) ohmgee, ufcanimalmother, crande25
-12 people total so far (4 spots open)

-Everyone listed showed up in my friend's list in-game now, so most of the issues from last night should be fixed.

Also, VWoods has really strong water resources on just about every city plot, so for an extended run it should be really strong. The other finite resource distribution is strong in a min/max sense and pretty varied throughout the region. Hopefully with this region we can get all the forum pals in one region for once.

If anyone else would like an invite to it, add me on Origin and I'll kick you an invite ASAP (I'm slapstick2 on Origin).

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
So water doesn't actually run out. You need to put your water pumping station near the water treatment plant; the water treatment plant replenishes the water underneath it. Your pumping station can then pump it out. This water doesn't run out.