SimCity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just got home from work and looking to play for the first time basically, finally got an invite to the RR region...and it says it can't load the region. Friend request from Agraza, won't let me accept it. Town I created for a few minutes last night, unable to load.

Christ.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Just got home from work and looking to play for the first time basically, finally got an invite to the RR region...and it says it can't load the region. Friend request from Agraza, won't let me accept it. Town I created for a few minutes last night, unable to load.

Christ.
Yea I think the game has taken a total shit now, when I try to load a new region the game crashes to desktop; when I try to resume an old region, cannot load region... switch servers and it makes me do the tutorial again and the tutorial freezes on startup...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Same here - Black Gold Town ran out of water, so I thought I'd try to make my own region to fuck around in and it boots me after maybe 3 minutes. Annoying as fuck.

Buffylol

N00b
Can anyone even connect to a game? I can login and get the game browser up, but it doesn't give me any public games. Creating my own game ends up in an endless load(30min+)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I just logged out after playing the last 4 or so hours without few if any problems. The server even went down for a few and it let me continue and re-connected.

Early on I did have a crash to desktop, I lost maybe 10 minutes worth of OCDing oil derek placement.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same here - Black Gold Town ran out of water, so I thought I'd try to make my own region to fuck around in and it boots me after maybe 3 minutes. Annoying as fuck.
One thing I hope gets changed. If the city is on a major riverway or ocean coast, water shouldn't run out.

Since in the end a region will eventually be bone dry and then you are done.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Ya except all their games are still available on other digital distribution sites, and I'm quite sure they don't give their service away free.

I'm sure you still have to use origin no matter where else you buy it though, but I wouldn't know because I haven't bought any of their shit since BF3.
The reason why EA, along with Mojang and a few others, aren't on Steam has to do with Steam's incredibly restrictive terms around how you can monetize your game. I'll allow Notch to explain:http://notch.tumblr.com/post/9550850...no-steam-notch

Beyond that, Origin itself is a pretty solid piece of software these days and it is constantly being improved. Plus unlike Steam at least Origin has real tech support where I can phone and talk with someone.

As for SimCity, it needs a lot of patching...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$30 take it or leave it nerds
Why do I get the feeling your cheap ass would just buy it and then whine the entire time while playing, do your ghetto/criminal haven, rage quit, then come tell us how horrible it is and we were all stupid to pay retail price while your "awesomeness" only payed $30?

caramon13_sl

shitlord
Logged in, played for about 30 minutes, deleted, re-created my city and then haven't been able to play for the last 2 hours. Re-downloded the game and I'm re-patching now. Bad experience for what looks like a pretty spiffy game

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yep. Maxis made a great game and EA/Origins is making it a very bad experience.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Running out of water almost ruins the game. It's a bunch of bullshit.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What odd is they have all these upgrades to make more efficient power, but no research for some form of re-filtration system(ie re-using water so it last longer) or like I said before , if a city is on a major river/coast water should never run out.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I have a question...I would like to play with ya'll but I also don't want to mess up the region if my city were to go to shit. How exactly does my city interact with the others in the region? Like if I fail it up hard will it fuck the whole region or?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crime can really effect other cities. If one city's crime blows up it will spill over into the other cities and really make keeping up with jail cells/patrols difficult.

About the only thing I have seen that has a direct effect on another city in a region that isn't a voluntary reliance on another city for something.