SimCity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
$45 on Amazon apparently..

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/simc...-code-1425895/

Saw on CAG that you can get SimCity for $45 on Amazon right now w/ code CAGROCKS. Also, comes with a $5 credit on Amazon, making it essentially $40. Pretty good deal if you're looking to pre-order to get the Hero vs. Villain pre-order DLC.

Seems like a decent deal on a game that looks pretty promising.

Also, this only applies to the downloadable version of the game.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
My city broke 100k one time, and then hovered between 85-95k. I was trying to develop high density and such, but you start needing some hardcore fire/police/health/garbage/recycling action it seems, and I wasn't able to deliver in the 4 hours. For the last hour and a half I was basically just trying to trim efficiencies and maintain power/water/sewage levels.

I built my city entirely with high density roads, but mostly the thin kind. I didn't have really hardcore traffic problems, but I did have 2 maxed bus depots. I just realized how to do city specialization stuff about 45mins from the time out, which was a bummer since the trading stuff was decent $$.

The education stuff cockblocks cooler building upgrades. Like you need a school of engineering to make your tier 2 fire departments fully capable. A lot of the great works are behind school research stuff too. I'm not really sure how to recover from pollution after the fact. I got to be a huge water polluter before I was able to unlock the sewage filtration stuff, and that never seemed to really go away. Mayor/University stuff seems to unlock things on the region level though, so you should be able to access high end stuff when working with other cities more rapidly. If I dick with a private region, I'll probably go into each city in the region and play it until I can upgrade the town hall once and choose different upgrades.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Dammit to hell, I figure it won't be under $40 for at least a good 6 months, maybe more since it is Origin only, so I went ahead and pre-ordered with that deal. I feel dirty now though
frown.png

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Fine.

FINE. I'll get it.

edit: You and me both, Vvoid.
Fuck wish this deal was available in Canada, been thinking of playing this every day since I got a taste of the first beta, but I'm not looking forward to dropping $60 on it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Fuck wish this deal was available in Canada, been thinking of playing this every day since I got a taste of the first beta, but I'm not looking forward to dropping $60 on it.
We should make another contest for you to win. Biggest city/region population maybe?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Game looks like a lot of fun from the videos, but the obnoxious road connection issues look just as bad as SimCity 4. Both that stream and the video posted earlier had multiple instances of roads unable to connect, having to do stupid shit to get roads to line up (running it past an intersection, then deleting the extra), etc.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I definitely had a few of those issues. Also I'd like the road guide thing to be on more frequently. When I was dicking with a token region city, it starts with a bendy highway going through the corner, so I tried to stick to the bendy highway with layers of other roads. But the road guide thing just decided to not be around for me after I did a few roads on one side.
frown.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dammit to hell, I figure it won't be under $40 for at least a good 6 months, maybe more since it is Origin only, so I went ahead and pre-ordered with that deal. I feel dirty now though
frown.png
same. Who is setting up the Retrolled region?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm curious if you can reroll great works. If not, you'd have to migrate from region to region just to check them out.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Watched a little beta video on this earlier and have some concerns, but nothing major. If anything it made me want to play right now... Amazon pre-orders can start downloading tomorrow I think...

caesium

Molten Core Raider
will the retail version allow terrain editing/larger maps? or were the betas showing as big as it gets?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't play the stress test last night, was anyone able to see the maximum number of cities allowed in a region?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I didn't play the stress test last night, was anyone able to see the maximum number of cities allowed in a region?
From what I've seen it looks like it might be 16? Seems kind of small, but its well laid out. What I'm curious is, are we going to be able to pick our tile? Or are we handed it at the beginning (meaning, I want a tile by the ocean not some farm tile in the middle of bum fuck).

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I believe all of the beta tests so far have had 3 cities per region, but I feel like I've seen other screenshots with 5 or 6.

edit:this articleis a bit dated, but it cites 16 cities/region