SimCity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comm...ial_zones_are/
Someone created a city in a new region and only populated it with residential and it got to 200k np.

I feel like there's a massive city just outside your region with thousands of sims, jobs and shopping just waiting to pour into your region. It always felt like in previous simcities if you tried to go beyond where the RCI demand would let you, you would stop getting new RCI construction. In SimCity that's not the case and I think that's a big part of why in/out traffic in your city is so bad.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was one of the first things I noticed when playing this SimCity relative to previous versions... it seemed like no matter what zone I laid out, it was instantly being built up no matter the demand level.

lindz

#DDs
All these bugs...

The game is fun for a few hours, then you are just banging your head against a wall trying to deal with the bugs in the game. This really isn't ready for people to be playing yet. :\

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
From the last few pages, sounds like I made the right choice in getting my money back. At least for the time being.

Amazon ftw!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Fuck it, after reading that stuff, and realizing that it could be months (or never) before they even begin to address any of the actual gameplay concerns, and realizing that I only enjoy it for the first 15 minutes or so when plotting out my roads, I went ahead and got a refund from Amazon. Not sure how much longer they will be giving them but I was able to get it just now. He did try to tell me that EA is working to resolve their issues and are even going to offer a free game but I told him I wasn't interested in pretty much anything EA could offer me at this point. It was just him going through a checklist and he was super cool about it when I told him I still wanted my refund.

If I weren't at work I would have gone through and abandoned my cities first, so my apologies if I screw over any regions. I figure you guys have probably moved onto mostly new ones, or are tired of the game yourselves, so hopefully it isn't an issue. At this point I'd rather give that $45 (I never got a $5 gift card with the CAGROCKS promo) for some blurry tit pics than let it go to EA. Fuck those pieces of shit. Can't wait to go uninstall Origin when I get home.

Fuck it, after reading that stuff, and realizing that it could be months (or never) before they even begin to address any of the actual gameplay concerns, and realizing that I only enjoy it for the first 15 minutes or so when plotting out my roads, I went ahead and got a refund from Amazon. Not sure how much longer they will be giving them but I was able to get it just now. He did try to tell me that EA is working to resolve their issues and are even going to offer a free game but I told him I wasn't interested in pretty much anything EA could offer me at this point. It was just him going through a checklist and he was super cool about it when I told him I still wanted my refund.

If I weren't at work I would have gone through and abandoned my cities first, so my apologies if I screw over any regions. I figure you guys have probably moved onto mostly new ones, or are tired of the game yourselves, so hopefully it isn't an issue. At this point I'd rather give that $45 (I never got a $5 gift card with the CAGROCKS promo) for some blurry tit pics than let it go to EA. Fuck those pieces of shit. Can't wait to go uninstall Origin when I get home.
Did you get a refund for your digital copy through amazon? tells us more how you went about this if so!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Did you get a refund for your digital copy through amazon? tells us more how you went about this if so!
Yes I did. I went to my Digital Library on Amazon, and next to SimCity I clicked on "View Order Details." It showed my Digital Order, and I clicked "Problem with this Order?" I chose to have them call me immediately. When they called, the guy asked how he could help me, and I said I was looking to get a refund on a digital download. He said, "Is this for SimCity Digital Edition?" I don't know if he had my order history open already (likely, they usually do when you request a call) or if he simply guessed it because that is all anyone ever calls about. I confirmed it was for that, so he launched into his speech about EA fixing it and offering a free game (so obviously he's done this before), I said no thanks, and he went ahead and gave me the refund. He made sure to say that this was an exception and wasn't normally allowed, and I sucked up a bit saying how much I appreciated Amazon stepping up to make their customers happy even if EA wouldn't, but he was giving me the refund before then anyway. I genuinely love Amazon so I figured I'd let them know I really did appreciate it.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I don't really agree with people asking for a refund on a game they've played, but I just want to pipe in that Amazon has the best Customer Service on the planet. Especially if you're a long-time customer. They credited me a video download that I had streaming issues onthat I never complained about(because it was probably my connection that was the problem).

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amazon consistently gets the highest customer service rating every year among online retailers (and maybe all retailers). Someone told a story on FoH about how they thought they returned an item and never got the refund, so they called and Amazon refunded them the money right away no questions asked. Then that person found the item buried in their closet a few weeks later.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well it works. Whenever I buy something online I go from whatever website I am on and go check Amazon for a better price or even if it is only a few bucks higher I'd rather buy it through Amazon because I know what service I am getting.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I don't really agree with people asking for a refund on a game they've played, ...
This a joke? If a company claims their product does XYZ, but it only does X completely, Y poorly, and Z is non-existent, you should absolutely be able to get a refund.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
This a joke? If a company claims their product does XYZ, but it only does X completely, Y poorly, and Z is non-existent, you should absolutely be able to get a refund.
Do you ask for refunds when you don't like a movie or CD you didn't like, too? Look, maybe your mom was the type that would buy a dress, hide the tag as she wore it out, and then return it the next day...but I was raised better than that. I'm not saying you're a bad person, just reprensible.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Though traditionally, the video game/software industry has been different. It takes a *very* lenient retailer to give you a refund on a game that has been opened/played. That is what made me a customer of Babbage's/Software Etc way back in the day, they were one of the few retailers that would take returns on open computer software/games. Most stores would not. Good for Amazon for still allowing such a thing, very few companies/stores allow it.

edit - I think the movie analogy is a good one. I don't know anyone that has ever seen a movie in a theater and asked for a refund because they felt that it sucked. If there are theaters out there that offer this service, then great. it definitely isn't the norm(just like returning opened software)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't really agree with people asking for a refund on a game they've played, but I just want to pipe in that Amazon has the best Customer Service on the planet. Especially if you're a long-time customer. They credited me a video download that I had streaming issues onthat I never complained about(because it was probably my connection that was the problem).
Why not? There is no way to get accurate idea of how the game works that I know of, right now. This isn't GW2 where people went "Yeah, played it for a month, got bored, now 2 months later I got a refund" This is one of the few ways you can easily tell EA to go fuck itself. Better than any amount of criticism on the internet.

lindz

#DDs
Yes I did. I went to my Digital Library on Amazon, and next to SimCity I clicked on "View Order Details." It showed my Digital Order, and I clicked "Problem with this Order?" I chose to have them call me immediately. When they called, the guy asked how he could help me, and I said I was looking to get a refund on a digital download. He said, "Is this for SimCity Digital Edition?" I don't know if he had my order history open already (likely, they usually do when you request a call) or if he simply guessed it because that is all anyone ever calls about. I confirmed it was for that, so he launched into his speech about EA fixing it and offering a free game (so obviously he's done this before), I said no thanks, and he went ahead and gave me the refund. He made sure to say that this was an exception and wasn't normally allowed, and I sucked up a bit saying how much I appreciated Amazon stepping up to make their customers happy even if EA wouldn't, but he was giving me the refund before then anyway. I genuinely love Amazon so I figured I'd let them know I really did appreciate it.
I just did the same thing. Maybe I'll buy it at a later date but for now the game is garbage. Really appreciate Amazon's customer service. I feel bad that they have to deal with this, EA really fucked every over.

Do you ask for refunds when you don't like a movie or CD you didn't like, too? Look, maybe your mom was the type that would buy a dress, hide the tag as she wore it out, and then return it the next day...but I was raised better than that. I'm not saying you're a bad person, just reprensible.
Your comparison to a movie or CD isn't really the same. If the CD said contains 10 tracks and only had 2 perhaps?

lindz

#DDs
Yes I would ask for a refund if I bought a DVD and it didn't work or for some reason or it was missing entire scenes.

We didn't ask for a refund on a game that was working and playable, we asked for a refund on a game that has been full of bugs to the point of being broken, has been unplayable for large portions of time and was never finished.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If the movie had a big blue line through it that stopped me from watching it properly past the five minute mark....yes?

I don't get why you believe you should pay for something fundamentally broken. I mean, a lemon car will usually get you back and forth to work a few times, that doesn't mean it's working like it should be. Do you just say "welp, I got SOME use out of it driving it back and forth once, good enough for me!"

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
If the movie was missing the last 30 minutes or the CD was missing several tracks, you're goddamned right I would ask for a refund. Your analogies are terrible and reprensible isn't a word.