Simpson Marathon INC this FALL

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i guess this is going on all weekend, they are playing all The Simpsons episode in chronological order WITH the extra gags they edited out for syndication. im seeing a lot of stuff i dont remember because i started watching in 94 and they are currently playing 1992 episodes. those old episodes are still timeless classics

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Wait this can't be right. It won't be til Monday in the morning until we get to the City of New York vs Homer Simpson? This show was great for a lot longer than I realized.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that episode was one of the best of the later golden age. i think the last awesome one was the episode where they visited brazil (joo stupid leddy!!) whenever that was. basically this whole weekend will be ownage.

-edit
Monorail episode on right now

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait this can't be right. It won't be til Monday in the morning until we get to the City of New York vs Homer Simpson? This show was great for a lot longer than I realized.
People like to wildly overstate how short the window of good/great Simpsons was. You get fuckheads who narrow it down to like "Seasons 3 and 4 were the golden age, it's all been downhill since 1993!"

There was more quality than crap for about 10-12 seasons there.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
not sure why this is such a big deal. anyone who had an interest in this show torrented seasons 3-9 ages ago and called it a day

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
these episodes are remastered to widescreen/hd and have had their running times restored to their original airings.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
these episodes are remastered to widescreen/hd and have had their running times restored to their original airings.
widescreen is shit because it chops off lot of the visual gags, 4:3 forever

DVD seasons on torrents all have the original running times

iannis

Musty Nester
I think that as long as James Brooks is alive, this show will be too. Even the latest season isn't bad, it's just mediocre. But after 50 years... how many more Bart stories can you really do.

They must just be going for an unbreakable record at this point. Broadcast television itself may not have enough time left for anyone to beat this run.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I've had it on in the background for most of the weekend. I think I'm getting close to my saturation point, though.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think that as long as James Brooks is alive, this show will be too. Even the latest season isn't bad, it's just mediocre. But after 50 years... how many more Bart stories can you really do.

They must just be going for an unbreakable record at this point. Broadcast television itself may not have enough time left for anyone to beat this run.
Does this count as syndication or no because FXX is just cable version of Fox?

I always thought once they finally syndicated they would be finished in under 5 years.

And yeah I'm with you guys, the show was funny for a lot longer than I remember...

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hit the episode with Alec Baldwin, Kim Basinger, and Ron Howard today. Figured that was a good stopping point, gonna just get worse and worse from there with the celebrity guests and shit.