Simpson Marathon INC this FALL

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't have FXX but I actually considered upgrading my package for this. Many good memories of that show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I bailed too early. Homer housesitting for Mr. Burns is on now. I thought we were much further in than this.
nah man, even during the show's heyday there were some turkeys. Lisa centric episodes are usually weaker than say a bart or homer centric episode. and there are some really poor marge episodes.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I heard FXX's ratings have exploded since the marathon started. Personally it is the first time ever tuning into FXX despite watching all the previous seasons of Sunny and The League.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They must just be going for an unbreakable record at this point. Broadcast television itself may not have enough time left for anyone to beat this run.
They got a ways to go for that. There are shows that have been on the air, with new episodes, for over 60 years. Simpsons are only at 25, right? Even if you discount sports, news and talk shows, some soap operas have been going for over 50 years with 10,000+ episodes.

Anyway, did they start with the true beginning? The Shorts from the Tracey Ulman show?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
nah man, even during the show's heyday there were some turkeys. Lisa centric episodes are usually weaker than say a bart or homer centric episode. and there are some really poor marge episodes.
Some of my absolute favorite classic episodes are Lisa episodes. Lisa's Rival where she has to contend with a smarter, better saxaphonist. Summer of 4'2" where Lisa makes friends at the beach and Bart gets jealous. Lisa the Vegetarian where well...you know. Lisa's wedding where Lisa visits a fortune teller booth and asks about her future husband.

I can't say I agree with your statement.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Some of my absolute favorite classic episodes are Lisa episodes. Lisa's Rival where she has to contend with a smarter, better saxaphonist. Summer of 4'2" where Lisa makes friends at the beach and Bart gets jealous. Lisa the Vegetarian where well...you know. Lisa's wedding where Lisa visits a fortune teller booth and asks about her future husband.

I can't say I agree with your statement.
lisa has a crush on her teacher, lisa goes to the museum, lisa goes to boot camp, lisa plays hockey, lisa is sad that she has bad genetics. lisa meets bleeding gums murphy, meets him again, etc. those arent all bad episodes, but they are not as strong as a typical homer or bart episode.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So suddenly I get FXX when I didn't a couple days ago. Did directv give it to me just for the marathon?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
rrr_img_74844.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My Simpsons worship started dwindling after Burns was shot. Still catch a random new episode every now and then. Flaming Moe is my all time fave ep.

Bismarck

Trakanon Raider
hey anyone still messing around with this app?
I know there are a lot of good donut hacks out there, does anyone use one?

Also
ID: Bismarck4

Daily time waster.....

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
From IGN:

Harry Shearer, prominent voice actor on The Simpsons since 1989, will no longer be part of the iconic animated series.

Shearer confirmed the news himself on his Twitter account, and suggested the departure was a result of a conflict between himself and The Simpsons' showrunners.

from James L. Brooks' lawyer: "show will go on, Harry will not be part of it, wish him the best.". (1/2)

- Harry Shearer (@theharryshearer) May 14, 2015

This because I wanted what we've always had: the freedom to do other work. Of course, I wish him the very best. (2/2)

- Harry Shearer (@theharryshearer) May 14, 2015
While they've lost voice actors before (like Marcia Wallace in 2013), this is really the first departure from the main cast. He's not going to be an easy man to replace.

His characters include:

• Ned Flanders
  • Charles Montgomery Burns
  • Waylon Smithers
  • Seymour Skinner
  • Dr. Hibbert
  • Lenny Leonard
  • Kent Brockman
  • Scratchy
  • Kang
  • Eddie
  • Otto Mann
  • Rev. Lovejoy
  • Rainier Wolfcastle
  • Jasper

Andmany others.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
do people still watch this show? i gave it up at least 5 years ago. it was nothing like their golden age during the 90s.

iannis

Musty Nester
I dunno how you keep doing the show without Shearer. It would be like trying to do the show without that little woman. Yeardly Smith. Sure, she only does one voice... but she's an integral part of the entire thing.

I watch it still now and then. They're not as golden as they were, sure, but they still tend to be well put together and worth the 20 minutes. If it weren't for the 90's, you'd probably have a higher opinion of their recent work. It just makes it look worse than it actually is.

2010+ Simpsons still isn't bad.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
This will probably be the start of the end for the show. Shame really, probably one of the best shows ever on TV, one of the most iconic.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
From the AV Club:

UPDATE: Shearer has indeed left the show, with showrunner Al Jean confirming the news to Hitfix. Jean told the entertainment site that Shearer "was offered the same deal the rest of the cast accepted and passed. We wish him well but the show will go on," noting that Maggie Simpson, in particular, took it hard.

Jean also says characters voiced by Shearer will remain on the show, telling The New York Times that the show doesn't "plan to kill off characters like Burns and Flanders but will recast with the finest voiceover talent available."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i will say if dimaggio or billy west took the gig i might start watching again just to see what that looks(sounds) like