Simpson Marathon INC this FALL

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
My wife had some special offer to get a free box set, and of the ones available, she chose Season 13. I hate to be that guy, but I just couldn't take it. It just wasn't the same.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There will be "no yellow wedding," he confirmed - shooting down the theory the writers might simply kill off all of Shearer's characters.
Yellow Wedding. rofl

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Simpsons are still making history it seems. They did the first ever animated live Q&A session. Here is a link to a blurb about it and the Q&A clips.

Makes TV History - AVSForum.com

East Coast

West Coast

International

Dono

Molten Core Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
yTZQkSsxUFJZJe67IenRM0AEklc.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Simpsons[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]1989-12-16[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Set in Springfield, the average American town, the show focuses on the antics and everyday adventures of the Simpson family; Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie, as well as a virtual cast of thousands. Since the beginning, the series has been a pop culture icon, attracting hundreds of celebrities to guest star. The show has also made name for itself in its fearless satirical take on politics, media and American life in general.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Thanksgiving Day - Dec 6th.

FXX To Air All 600 'Simpsons' episodes In 13-Day Marathon

Last edited by a moderator:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'd stop watching after Who Shot Mr Burns.

When did you lose interest in The Simpsons?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'd stop watching after Who Shot Mr Burns.

When did you lose interest in The Simpsons?
early to mid 2000s it became unwatchable. they still had some good ones. their brazil trip and the party posse episodes are two classics.

Dono

Molten Core Raider
Season 15 and above is garbage. Some good eps here and there, but overall dissapointing. Worst ep to date is with fuckin' lady gaga, fuck that - fuck her - and fuckkkkkk. GAY.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the show should have ended probaly 7 years ago, but they are trying to keep their record safe from south park.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The new ones just don't have the feels of the old show. The feels can take a comedy to another level. See: Rick and Morty

What changed on staff? Which writers left?

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
No show should go beyond 10 seasons. things just inevitably get stale, it's better to give stuff a worthy send off rather than drag them out into a bitter end.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All of the original writers were gone by the eighth season or thereabouts. It's all down hill after the Armin Tamzarian episode.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just went through the list of eps and I've decided seasons 3 through 6 were the best.

Flaming Moe's is my favorite episode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just went through the list of eps and I've decided seasons 3 through 6 were the best.

Flaming Moe's is my favorite episode.
Flaming Moe's is awesome. BARNEY!

Two of my favorite scenes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yup, when all this showed up on FXNOW a couple years ago or whenever, I watched all of seasons 2 thru about 9 or so. 3-6 being the sweet spot sounds about right, although there's plenty of good out through season 9-10. It definitely goes downhill fast though.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just generally weed out shit lords if they can't correctly respond to me saying, "To the bee-mobile!", only the enlightened can "speak simpsons".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm still waiting for fox to remaster those early seasons of the simpsons into HD. Can't believe they are just letting their early seasons go to waste. The DVD's are pretty bad if go back and watch them.

With regards to the writing, I think it's a generational thing. Simpsons started with baby boomer writers and pretty sure most of the show runners now are a cross section of gen-xers and millennials. They just don't have the same point of reference that the early writers had.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Stopped watching on a regular basis in the early 00s. Some of the moments I recall from then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user