Since when the fuck can you not say Wakandan American in screenshots? Why infraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sure, let's ban everyone who says anything. Starting...now.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Christ, do we have to revisit this whole thing again? It's the context that matters. I don't know the context of kudos' usage, so I can't really comment. But how is the word American Inventor any worse or different than faggot or Faulty Armor, both of which have been used in this thread? Faggot repeatedly. We've got at least a few well known homersexshuls on the boards, so why is frequent use of that term okey dokey but American Inventor isn't? Seems a pretty arbitrary line to draw.

So either we go down the road of hyper-moderation of any and all terms that are racially or sexually offensive to a group of people, or we don't. Drawing the line somewhere in the middle is retarded as fuck.
To be clear, I don't care, I think it is impossible to moderate fairly (as you pointed out). But this is the law of the land, I remember a time on foh when it wasn't but i guess it was, it just flew under the radar of the mods/admins over there.

Regardless, it is a retarded as fuck thing to get upset over . "I can't be a racist asshole".... ok?

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Context does matter, but let's keep in mind that socially and culturally speaking, the N-word is the most despised word in America, with ties to slavery and human rights violations. So yes, it should scrutinized more than other words. Rice Rocket could (I thought anyway) refer to the geographical location of the the car, not the people itself, otherwise it'd be a Faulty Armor Rocket or slint-eye rocket or whatever they call Asian people. Growing up, gay meant lame but is increasingly becoming an offensive, derogatory word so I try to avoid it (with some success) - This also has to do with the fact that I live in a city with a pretty large gay community and since gay, even as lame, has a negative meaning and is equated with gays.

Yes, I think people are overly sensitive to being offended, but that should be by ideas (i.e. I'm offended you'd say my god doesn't exist and all that BS) - Basically, the offense is from an idea or belief, not a personal attack. When used only to disparage, it has no other purpose.

Was it being used in the Monica sense of the word would be the only culturally acceptable way of using this, I'd think.

kudos

<Banned>
Shooting people over language is the dumbest fucking thing ever and illegal. Whereas what you said isn't. Genius.

It was used in screenshots forum. Any language should be OK there.

iannis

Musty Nester
That car is every bit as good as the McCar

McDonalds_d37ebd_484159.jpg

There comes a point where it's so nuts it becomes awesome.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That's a bit better. They even have "Macaroni" as an insult. I'm more insulted by the idea thatthatis an insult.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
See, that's just plain funny!

But seriously, are people going to be infracted if they post a dropped Civic with a huge spoiler and call it a Rice Rocket? Maybe the language isn't as loaded, but it's every bit as racist.
They should get infracted because a Rice Rocket is a motorcycle.

But you said it yourself, the language isn't as loaded.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
10 bucks says the person who reported the post only did it because they knew Kudos would be infracted for it, not because they were actually offended in any way.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
10 bucks says the person who reported the post only did it because they knew Kudos would be infracted for it, not because they were actually offended in any way.
They were more annoyed than offended and don't have a personal beef that I know of with Kudos.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
They key to being racist is to be subtle and passive aggressive about it. I've never understood the point of using direct racial slurs. It's so much more interesting to imply racism.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm just gonna do a search for American Inventor and report every single use of the word outside of this subforum. Because I'm offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.