Since when the fuck can you not say Wakandan American in screenshots? Why infraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm just gonna do a search for American Inventor and report every single use of the word outside of this subforum. Because I'm offended.
You act like you're rebelling and being awesome, but you have those rights as a forum-goer. Keep fighting the shitty fight though.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
To be clear, I don't care, I think it is impossible to moderate fairly (as you pointed out). But this is the law of the land, I remember a time on foh when it wasn't but i guess it was, it just flew under the radar of the mods/admins over there.

Regardless, it is a retarded as fuck thing to get upset over . "I can't be a racist asshole".... ok?
I find it annoying and played out when people throw around the word American Inventor, but people should still be able to. That's a core function of the draw of these boards. FoH was the internet version of a Gentleman's club, and rerolled inherited that club membership.

If it hurts your ability to bring in ad revenue, sure. I get that. But there shouldn't be an issue in Screenshots since it's members only.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I find it annoying and played out when people throw around the word American Inventor, but people should still be able to. That's a core function of the draw of these boards. FoH was the internet version of a Gentleman's club, and rerolled inherited that club membership.

If it hurts your ability to bring in ad revenue, sure. I get that. But there shouldn't be an issue in Screenshots since it's members only.
People on FoH got permanently banned for using the n word. I was personally warned by TBH when I said it once.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
People on FoH got permanently banned for using the n word. I was personally warned by TBH when I said it once.
Alex hasn't been part of the community for years man. He's too busy making that Blizzard money.

And honestly? His moderation was crap. Most of the time he let stuff go but if he got a hair up his ass or decided he was bored he'd pick someone out to ban them.

The best thing that ever happened on FoH was when they opened up the membership roster in '05 and let in new blood. This board wouldn't exist otherwise.

kudos

<Banned>
I'll just use slang instead. We will see how that goes.

PC people expect to have jimmies rustled hard.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
To be clear, I don't care, I think it is impossible to moderate fairly (as you pointed out). But this is the law of the land, I remember a time on foh when it wasn't but i guess it was, it just flew under the radar of the mods/admins over there.

Regardless, it is a retarded as fuck thing to get upset over . "I can't be a racist asshole".... ok?
If someone's truly being racist and trying to bait or insult someone of that race, fine, ban or infract them. If it's a harmless joke like that, who gives a fuck? I'm an equal opportunity racist in that respect, I find all racial jokes highly amusing. Holocaust jokes are probably my favorites, because they're so incredibly offensive. I couldn't care much less if someone makes fun of me being Canadian, French, Italian, or Polish. Go hard.

But fine, if we want to have it your way and infract people for saying American Inventor, I fully expect infractions to be handed out for any and all other racial epithets, "faggot", and the like. This should be a lot of fun for the moderators, what with all this extra busy work.

Tuco_sl said:
They were more annoyed than offended and don't have a personal beef that I know of with Kudos.
Here's my solution: infract any jackass who reports posts for offensive language/jokes. Again, I'm fine with infractions for truly racist posts or going after specific members. But this is a very, very slippery slope you guys are on.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Your solution is to infract "truly racist" posts. Do you have the guidelines for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.