Single greatest song ever written?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
my friends and i used to crack on this song/video so hard back in the day.
when James starts yelling, "taken my face, taken my arms, taken my legs taken my hearing!" it sounded a lot like , dick in my face, dick in my arms dick in my legs dick in my hearing. 16 yr old hilarity would ensue.
also in the video when Jason Robards says, "any man would give his only begotten son for democracy"
i would add the response from the son
nah, i think i'll stay here with you, pops.
any man would give his only begotten son for democracy
no , i mean its alright, they can do it without me
any man would give his only begotten son for democracy!!!!!
but i dont want to go!!???
ANY MAN! WOULD GIVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON FOR DEMOCRACY!!!!!!

16 yr old hilarity intensifies. good times. i loved 80s Metallica, they were a trip.

I used to love it when this song would come on while I was climbing a big hill on my bike and when it got to the part with the machine gun bass and the "darkness, imprisoning me..." lyrics I would stand up and just hammer the pedals. I'm sure I went at least twice as fast uphill if that song was on. I tried it on my younger cousin once when we were backpacking and he was not in shape and dying on a steep part and I held my ear bud up to his ear and sang along with "Nothing is real but pain now!". He was not amused.

The other song that really increased my bicycle speed was "My My" by Seven Mary Three. Love that song.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I used to love it when this song would come on while I was climbing a big hill on my bike and when it got to the part with the machine gun bass and the "darkness, imprisoning me..." lyrics I would stand up and just hammer the pedals. I'm sure I went at least twice as fast uphill if that song was on. I tried it on my younger cousin once when we were backpacking and he was not in shape and dying on a steep part and I held my ear bud up to his ear and sang along with "Nothing is real but pain now!". He was not amused.

The other song that really increased my bicycle speed was "My My" by Seven Mary Three. Love that song.
i was walking to the store listening to Slayer's newest album, South of Heaven on my walkman and when it got to Mandatory Suicide, i lost it and just went into an all out run there. it was hot as fuck outside, but didnt care, for that whole song i was booking it. Metallica's Master of Puppets entire album was like that. id put it on, get the weight set out and just lift as much as i could nonstop for the entire thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I included both in my answer.

Best "pump you up" song has to be Thunderstruck. Jesus Christ, that song would wake me up from a coma.

The Lightning use that as their entrance song at home games. Its awesome. If they win as soon as the clock hits zero For Those About To Rock starts playing.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
i was walking to the store listening to Slayer's newest album, South of Heaven on my walkman and when it got to Mandatory Suicide, i lost it and just went into an all out run there. it was hot as fuck outside, but didnt care, for that whole song i was booking it. Metallica's Master of Puppets entire album was like that. id put it on, get the weight set out and just lift as much as i could nonstop for the entire thing.

When I was in weight lifting class in high school it was all Pantera and Nine Inch Nails and AC-DC and Metallica except once in a while the coach would take over the boom box and play The Eagles. I was mostly into country music back then and he would be like "At least you like this music right?" and I did but lifting weights to "Peaceful, Easy Feeling" just isn't that motivating.

• 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
B0A8FB73-AC09-4FE3-84DD-DA80A9D4075F.jpeg

Found the homo - Del Del

• 1Garbage

Del

Vyemm Raider
Says the fagurt who linked a song only a French ass pirate could love.

• 1Worf

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

I realize it this is not to the taste of many of this forums, but not only because it's a great song, but for all the reasons Rick Beato called out, this song is absolutely brilliant in composition and its astounding it was successful as a pop song, which further highlights how impossibly brilliant this song is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users