Singles / Dating Websites

Cybsled

OKCupid seems to be a bigger west coast thing. I know some girl who tried to get eFame by going on 1,000 dates through that site (lives in Cali).

prescient

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not sure, but wasn't it started by a bunch of evangelicals or something? I seem to recall reading somewhere that it mostly started out as a Christian dating website or something. They were or still are hardcore opposed to the homosexshuls.
The guy who started eHarmony is a Mormon actually.

kudos

<Banned>
I've tried POF and OKC sporadically the past few years. The main problem is that women don't even have to try when it comes to e-dating sites. They get bombarded with messages at an insane rate even the ugly ones. It really tilts the scale compared to what would happen at a club. Most men will only pay attention to the top 10% at a club/bar. E-dating even the ugliest get messages which makes their ego stupid inflated.

What I've found is that POF is full of 18-20 year olds that pretend they want something serious but they are immature and vain as fuck. Not worth your time honestly because they just want the attention. Anything over 21 is probably broken or looks like a carnival worker. You don't usually want these women.

OKC is better if you're 21+. The women are usually a little higher class and more mature. However, they fall into the trap all women on e-dating sites fall into. They want Mr. Perfect and they won't settle (which is probably why they are still single and there are so many 30+ women alone). If you're into low-average women then it's probably easier to pick some up here with success and probably have something meaningful. The ones that I'd give a second look at in person are sometimes just there for free attention to boost their ego or get free meals. It's still better than the dregs of society you see on PoF though.

One time I even did a test for shits and giggles. I put my profile as gay on both and the amount of traffic went up 400%. Either men don't give a fuck or it shows women on these sites are fucking retarded. Haven't completely decided yet.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
On POF I had plenty of good dates... with broken people. Getting blown in a public parking lot or going home with someone on a first date is fun, but it's also empty and meaningless when you realize you really have nothing in common with this person.
This made me laugh as it is pretty much my thoughts on POF as well. I "dated" about 8 different women from this site in a 3-4 month span and as much as I enjoyed every single one of them, they were some broken girls for sure. I didn't go into the situations with the intent to do so but I pretty much fucked every single one of them on the first date with zero effort. One girl even let me plow her in the ass after having just met me in person like 3 hours earlier. Ironically enough she was the one I liked the most but she quit calling me back hehe, such is life I guess. I am by no means a ladies man but the women you will meet on POF come with a lot of baggage so its pretty much shooting fish in a barrel. The good news is though most of the guys are pretty fucked up too so if you are a half way decent guy that isn't a complete pyscho you will stand out and do just fine. I am not sure I would recommend it if you are wanting to find a real relationship, but if you are wanting to explorer the darker side of your sexual appetite then enjoy yourself. Man those girls will pretty much let you do anything to them in the hopes you will like them for it later. Unfortunately I was looking for something more than that and it got pretty shallow and sad after a couple of months. But for a dude like me who isn't used to getting a lot of ass like that, I felt like a god for a couple of months =)

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I met my girlfriend on okcupid 3 years ago and we are still going strong. It is or was a good site, about 1 in 10 people I talked to on there were worth going on a date with and they all come with baggage. Most people lie on their profiles mainly about the amount of money they make or their weight. My advice to you, make a funny profile and be yourself. When emailing them just shoot the shit like you would a old friend. It becomes pretty obvious that way if they are worth meeting. Give it more then one date too most first impressions are awkward for blind dates.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you have facebook and live in a major metropolitan area, the Tinder phone app is the way to go. Otherwise there are only about 5 fat ugly chicks in your area to look at
I think that's what you meant to say

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't have any personal info on facebook, will this ruin what Tinder does with shared interests etc?
Haven't used Tinder for more than like 3 minutes but I think you can add that stuff into Tinder itself. It has a profile you can edit, it just pulls info from Facebook to make it easier for you to do so.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I dont live in a major city but had good luck with Tinder, definitely a younger crowd on there though(early 20's). It requires FB to use it though. I've had friends(who didnt have FB) create new FB accounts and it's still not showing them anything, so i dunno if they have some sort of spam protection or what.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I have been online dating since AoL chat room days and trust me when I say ignore Tinder. It is fun to fuck around and see who is on there and who matches up with you but the odd of you getting laid much less a girlfriend is non-existent. Stick to Ok-Cupid for the free choice and Match for the paid.

Vinen

God is dead
I have been online dating since AoL chat room days and trust me when I say ignore Tinder. It is fun to fuck around and see who is on there and who matches up with you but the odd of you getting laid much less a girlfriend is non-existent. Stick to Ok-Cupid for the free choice and Match for the paid.
If your goal is to find a wife go to eHarmony and ... if Jewish go to JDate. While I cannot speak for everyone, my wife and I met over eHarmony (she is Atheist and I am Agnostic, so there are not only Crazy Christians like a_skeleton_03) and a couple of our friends met their SO on Jdate. These are not fail people either, one of them is a Director at a well known multi-national company :>

Match.com is awful. That is all I have to say about it. Not worth the cost-

Vegetoee_sl

shitlord
I use OKC and Match atm. I've met quite a few girls in Seattle through OKC and Match, and they all had baggage. I think from here on out I will use Eharmony and OKC, though talking to women in person when I am out and about is way easier. Like most people that posted in this thread, I concur with the whole "mr. perfect" mentality. My last gf was a prime example of this. She was a huge waste of time for a girl that was not worth her salt in any department other than finances.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Has anyone also noticed that at least 75% of the chicks on POF and OKC are smokers? It's phenomenally annoying if you're disgusted by it as much as I am.