Singles / Dating Websites

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well I don't know if they get "double". Maybe slightly more but I don't think it would be anything significant. I certainly don't ever even give bisexual women a second glance and I think most other straight people (men and women) are the same way.

By the way, this is why I don't date young women

Montana newlywed Jordan Linn Graham pleads guilty in murder - CNN.com

They'll push you off a fucking cliff for yelling at them.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The guy was stupid as fuck for arguing near a cliff. Rookie mistake. Hell, I make sure never to argue in the kitchen because there are knives close by.

kudos

<Banned>
Well I don't know if they get "double". Maybe slightly more but I don't think it would be anything significant. I certainly don't ever even give bisexual women a second glance and I think most other straight people (men and women) are the same way.

By the way, this is why I don't date young women

Montana newlywed Jordan Linn Graham pleads guilty in murder - CNN.com

They'll push you off a fucking cliff for yelling at them.
Let's be honest here. Lesbians are MUCH more forgiving when it comes to women. I wouldn't doubt that girls get slammed with lesbians offering themselves up. Even the ugly ones. Most lesbians I know are incredibly insecure and dying for attention.

kd5ddo_sl

shitlord
I like okcupid. I started for the questions, stayed for the people. Works for me. Since lost people are on all the sites, it is six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Khane

Let's be honest here. Lesbians are MUCH more forgiving when it comes to women. I wouldn't doubt that girls get slammed with lesbians offering themselves up. Even the ugly ones. Most lesbians I know are incredibly insecure and dying for attention.
From what I understand, the gay community shun and downright hate bisexual people.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
From what I understand, the gay community shun and downright hate bisexual people.
The gay "community" encompasses millions and millions of people across the world so to attribute a single mindset like that is silly. I'd imagine, on average, gay people probably are more accepting of bisexuals than straight people are.

DickTrickle

90% of women on e-dating are bisexual. I don't get it. Maybe double the attention/ego boost?
Not even close to being true. For a long while I data mined OKCupid after being intrigued by some of their blogs where they crunched data about their users (plus I can create much better algorithms suited to my taste than theirs did). OKC is a site where I imagine bisexuals would be somewhat more prominent than a number of other dating sites, and the numbers don't back you up. While I hardly had everyone in my database (and my profiles skewed toward the less religious), I did have over 70000 female profiles and only 17.2% listed themselves as bisexuals.

Oh, as for smokers, only 21% listed themselves as smoking to some degree (this includes yes, sometimes, when drinking, and trying to quit).

I get that you're probably exaggerating some but these kind of mental exaggerations start influencing your mindset eventually.

To add to dating experiences, I will say I've had three meaningful relationships with intelligent women on OKC in the past 6-7 years. The woman I'm dating now, will live with soon, and will likely marry I met on OKC. It probably helps if you're a little bit older (25-30ish) and actually look in your age group instead of trying to find someone 5-10 years younger, which a lot of guys do.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'll rephrase, most women matched up with me on OKCupid are Bisexual.

I looked at the 100% enemy ones out of curiosity and they are all straight with multiple kids.

DickTrickle

I still find it hard to believe that at least 51% of your matches are bisexual. Maybe so.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not even close to being true. For a long while I data mined OKCupid after being intrigued by some of their blogs where they crunched data about their users (plus I can create much better algorithms suited to my taste than theirs did). OKC is a site where I imagine bisexuals would be somewhat more prominent than a number of other dating sites, and the numbers don't back you up. While I hardly had everyone in my database (and my profiles skewed toward the less religious), I did have over 70000 female profiles and only 17.2% listed themselves as bisexuals.

Oh, as for smokers, only 21% listed themselves as smoking to some degree (this includes yes, sometimes, when drinking, and trying to quit).

I get that you're probably exaggerating some but these kind of mental exaggerations start influencing your mindset eventually.

To add to dating experiences, I will say I've had three meaningful relationships with intelligent women on OKC in the past 6-7 years. The woman I'm dating now, will live with soon, and will likely marry I met on OKC. It probably helps if you're a little bit older (25-30ish) and actually look in your age group instead of trying to find someone 5-10 years younger, which a lot of guys do.
His answers to questions might skew the type of people shown. I don't see many smokers but I see a shit ton of people with pets and the OKC filters don't provide a way to avoid them AFAICT.

The most annoying part about all the sites is that virtually all messages I receive are along the lines of "hi how are you", particularly dumb when their profiles are incomplete but regardless if I have to spend time starting a conversation why wouldn't I start it with a person I'm interested in?

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Another thing that seems prevelant and from a few female profiles apparently men do the same - I do sports -> body type athletic.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Wife and I were curious about how well these sites work, we have several friends who use them some with success some without. So we both made profiles and filled them out as if we were now single wanting to see if how close the system would match us. Decided to use OkCupid since it was free and seemed easy enough to set up. She has a few more hundred questions to answer tonight but by question 150 or so it was already listing on both our profiles the other has a top #3 choice within 100 miles. I actually didn't expect that I went into it figuring that while my wife and I get along really well we still differ on a fair number of things, but they are superficial things which the site seems good at helping you pick out by stating how much the various answers matter to you.

I have never been on a dating website before since I've been with my wife since before they existed but looking at the top 40 girls it recommends for me there is maybe only 2 or 3 I would even consider contacting (there are tons of overweight women). And holy crap do girls get attention on there, it's entertaining to see the messages and number of visitors to my wife's profile. The whole experience leaves me glad I'm not single at this age, but is probably a more comfortable way to meet new people than sitting at a bar.

For the guys using OKCupid do you feel like when the site says someone is a high% match and then actually meeting/talking to them do you feel does a good job sorting people you would get along with?

My First Day Stats
rrr_img_54068.jpg
rrr_img_54069.jpg

My Wifes
rrr_img_54070.jpg
rrr_img_54071.jpg

Khane

That seems like an even worse idea than contacting an old flame on Facebook after years "just to catch up". What are you guys thinking?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
That seems like an even worse idea than contacting an old flame on Facebook after years "just to catch up". What are you guys thinking?
Don't see the harm accounts will be deleted by probably tonight, learned my wife is a better match for me than thousands of women around me and can tell single friend "yeah seems like it might be a decent way to meet people you'll like"

Khane

You needed some computer algorithm to tell you your wife was a better match for you than thousands of strange women you've never even met? And your buddy needed his "happily" married insecure friend to scope out a dating website for him to tell him "yeah it's legit"? You realize how ridiculous that sounds I hope.

You're opening up a whole can of worms with such a silly experiment.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
You needed some computer algorithm to tell you your wife was a better match for you than thousands of strange women you've never even met? And your buddy needed his "happily" married insecure friend to scope out a dating website for him to tell him "yeah it's legit"? You realize how ridiculous that sounds I hope.

You're opening up a whole can of worms with such a silly experiment.
No it was just a curiosity. Think you are making too much of it, sitting in bed with wife on a Saturday night and questions made for some fun conversation. I probably should have just googled more for "compatibility test" or something and maybe you'd have less issue with it. Seems like you are saying though that there is something about an online dating site that would cause someone to do something they wouldn't otherwise. My wife being around other people all the time away from me doesn't sudden put us in peril, nor does all the hot girls in yoga pants I see at the gym everyday, or browsing the PGT. You sound rather rustled, maybe something you experienced related, hell I don't know. If my wife does decide to ditch a 18 yr relationship because of it I'll make sure you are the first to know.

kudos

<Banned>
Figured out how to "hack" okcupid to make it much easier for men. After I'm done testing it i will post how and my results. Buying GOLD is pointless on that site now though and so is the BOOST option.

Khane

No it was just a curiosity. Think you are making too much of it, sitting in bed with wife on a Saturday night and questions made for some fun conversation. I probably should have just googled more for "compatibility test" or something and maybe you'd have less issue with it. Seems like you are saying though that there is something about an online dating site that would cause someone to do something they wouldn't otherwise. My wife being around other people all the time away from me doesn't sudden put us in peril, nor does all the hot girls in yoga pants I see at the gym everyday, or browsing the PGT. You sound rather rustled, maybe something you experienced related, hell I don't know. If my wife does decide to ditch a 18 yr relationship because of it I'll make sure you are the first to know.
I'm not really rustled, it just doesn't make much sense to me. But whatever, do what you gotta do.