Sirius XM

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Th only time I really used it much even tho I had a long sub was when I went on long road trips. Especially going border to border in TX and going thru places where you got no phone signal and could seek/scan on the radio on AM/FM and get nothing for quite a while. When my 2 years or whatever I got free from the service ended I let it go.

I didn't care for all the commercials for the service itself.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't care for all the commercials for the service itself.
I hear this all the time, so not singling you out, but I just don't get it. Maybe it depends on the stations you listen to, but I listen to Ozzy's Boneyard and Hair Nation like 99% of the time. Every few songs I might get the following:

"We'll supply the music, but we can no longer supply the hair....HAIR NATION!"

That doesn't bother me at all, and seems perfectly acceptable. If other stations have worse than that I can see where it might be annoying, but how bad is it really?

The only problem with that particular station is that the commercial is significantly louder than the actual music. So if you've already got it cranked it is excessively loud.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I haven't had it turned on in several years. 30 second commercial on the service several times an hour telling you the service is "commercial free" and upgrade this and that.

It's been a while and they may have changed. But on XM if you listened to a talk show that was syndicated and they also played it on regular broadcast radio they would have commercial breaks which makes sense. But XM would play a commercial about XM this entire time so 1:30 or 2 minutes or whatever it was and the commercial never changed. It was like a 30 second commercial and they would just play it 3-4 times to fill the spot over and over. In the commercial they would talk about how great XM was because it was commercial free. It was like watching TV and having all the commercial spots, but only getting one commercial forever.

Go old for a service I was paying for, they may have changed it since then.

Last edited:

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Go old for a service I was paying for, they may have changed it since then.

It hasn't. Most stations are like that, as far as I know, really only the music stations are commercial free. The comedy ones are all horseshit with this and you will typically find 3 of the 6 on commercials at the same time.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
On my new phone I can't login into the Sirius machine app to stream even though I could do it on my S7. I asked tech support what was wrong and they told me I shouldn't have been able to in the first place because I don't pay extra for it. This company is a mess.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On my new phone I can't login into the Sirius machine app to stream even though I could do it on my S7. I asked tech support what was wrong and they told me I shouldn't have been able to in the first place because I don't pay extra for it. This company is a mess.

Yea, Spotify offered a $9.99/3 months promo to me a couple weeks back - after taking it, it's become obvious to me that I'd rather just use Spotify. Cheaper, higher quality music files (or at least comes across that way on my car speakers - so much more depth to bass/etc on Spotify BT'ed through my phone vs. Sirius), no annoying minor talking breaks, and no loss of signal for a few when I go under an overpass, etc.

Sure, I'll miss a smidge of variety and introduction to new music, but Daily Mix does that well enough on Spotify for me.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

The company isn't a mess, it's a clusterfuck!! My accounts are always fucked up. Right now I'm paying some "$30 for six months" to renew after my new vehicle's 6 month thing ran out, and it won't even link it into my account. So my only active account doesn't have an account associated with it. It's almost hilarious. Everytime in the past when it's time to renew I just call them and tell them I want like a year for $80 or whatever and they'll give it to you as long as you don't cancel. It's just ridiculous how they're ran.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Shrug - not sure it's the quickest burned for everyone - she's not skinny yet - but she's down roughly 100 from her max weight she's hit in her lifetime - and her breast size has only possibly gotten larger. (Measured at a new store)

Post bikini pics and we will judge for you. Otherwise it's purely speculation.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea, Spotify offered a $9.99/3 months promo to me a couple weeks back - after taking it, it's become obvious to me that I'd rather just use Spotify. Cheaper, higher quality music files (or at least comes across that way on my car speakers - so much more depth to bass/etc on Spotify BT'ed through my phone vs. Sirius), no annoying minor talking breaks, and no loss of signal for a few when I go under an overpass, etc.

Sure, I'll miss a smidge of variety and introduction to new music, but Daily Mix does that well enough on Spotify for me.

Check out "Discover Weekly" under in Browse>Discover on Spotify for "new to you" music. It's usually a pretty decent playlist of music it thinks you'll like. I usually find a couple tunes at the very least that I add to my general playlists.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Check out "Discover Weekly" under in Browse>Discover on Spotify for "new to you" music. It's usually a pretty decent playlist of music it thinks you'll like. I usually find a couple tunes at the very least that I add to my general playlists.

Yea, I do that when I listen at home at the rare times I do - I'm not doing an unlimited plan and mostly use Spotify in the car so 95% of the time I use Spotify it's Offline mode.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The company isn't a mess, it's a clusterfuck!! My accounts are always fucked up. Right now I'm paying some "$30 for six months" to renew after my new vehicle's 6 month thing ran out, and it won't even link it into my account. So my only active account doesn't have an account associated with it. It's almost hilarious. Everytime in the past when it's time to renew I just call them and tell them I want like a year for $80 or whatever and they'll give it to you as long as you don't cancel. It's just ridiculous how they're ran.
Problem for me that the $30 for six months apparently doesn't include access to the streaming app, even though it inexplicably worked on my S7 and still works on the website. The satellite sound quality in my car is such shit that I can't be bothered to listen unless I'm streaming it from the app, which also exclusively has some of my fave channels, such as Turbo and Emo Project.