Situations at work thread

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fuck all that, apply for a transportation analyst position or something.

Impressed teachers can actually get fired there, here they have to molest someone.

Bullock

Molten Core Raider
Parents can be complete wankers. Fuck em and bounce to a different school like you said at the start that you enjoy doing anyway.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am that height yet not that weight - it is difficult, the store should be called "Big OR Tall" not "Big and Tall" - you essentially have to buy a lot "larger" than what "fits" - a 2xl undershirt is fine but never is it long enough if I where to pick something up or do anything other than stand or sit. The same goes with button down shirts - so I generally get 3 or sometimes 4x in order to get them long enough - many times XLL(long) are still not really long enough.

Walmart carries 3xl and 4xl standard undershirts - if paired with short sleeve button down / polo sometimes the undershirt arms are too big and show - A-shirts / Beaters also of the same size can help with that (no arms) - if I am wearing a t-shirt (graphic t etc.) I generally will wear a beater under as no outer wear tshirt is going to be long enough unless its a 4xl + and then its like billowing and huge as hell.

Big and Tall clothing that is good and made well and at the big and tall store is expensive as hell...well imo, I am a cheapass when it comes to clothing. JC Penny has a decent big and tall section in each store and thus the random % $ off that pennys always has + clearance and you can find some good deals. The "Best" imo and its $$ is the George Foreman stuff almost always high quality and has a good fit- I hate buying big stuff 3-4xl and its cut like I am a triangle with ultra tight upper body and then once it gets to the mid its like a fucking tent.

Late to the party but have you the inclination to learn how to make your own shirts? My grandmother was a master seamstress and taught me how to sew and it really isn't that hard. Even easier with todays sewing machines. Can either youtube it or take some pattern classes at local craft stores.

Only downside is once you wear something that is tailored it is really hard to go back.

Or find a shirt that fits in the shoulders and learn how to alter the bottom, that will be easier overall.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Impressed teachers can actually get fired there, here they have to molest someone.
I'm technically a substitute teacher so they can fire me with no notice if they like. Also means I can leave whenever I want if it's too shit (and I do).

No update since Feb 25th, Chris confirmed murdered by principal
Hahaha, nobody replied to the thread after a few days so I stopped checking.

The school did FUCK ALL about it, so I had two weeks of stress for nothing. I'd expect them to ask to see my homework spreadsheet (that I have in extreme detail now), to ask to see my lesson planning or student's books. At the very least to say they want to see what homework I'm setting now. All I got was my manager saying he is going to "help" me once a week with the class (he is observing people's lessons anyway), he has seen two lessons of mine now which he said were fine so ???

ONE child did the homework I set and it wasn't one of the complainers, so I think they just got offended by the bad reports and enraged that I couldn't back it up properly. If they gave a shit about homework, it would have been done. Well now I'm going to be a Nazi about homeworks so this week I get to start the detentions :)

Confused as to why it was bad enough to withdraw the job offer but not bad enough to fire me right away or do any sort of scrutiny. I'm staying to get a good reference and hopefully some good exam results to give me a tack record to use in private tutoring.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
I'm technically a substitute teacher so they can fire me with no notice if they like. Also means I can leave whenever I want if it's too shit (and I do).

Hahaha, nobody replied to the thread after a few days so I stopped checking.

The school did FUCK ALL about it, so I had two weeks of stress for nothing. I'd expect them to ask to see my homework spreadsheet (that I have in extreme detail now), to ask to see my lesson planning or student's books. At the very least to say they want to see what homework I'm setting now. All I got was my manager saying he is going to "help" me once a week with the class (he is observing people's lessons anyway), he has seen two lessons of mine now which he said were fine so ???

ONE child did the homework I set and it wasn't one of the complainers, so I think they just got offended by the bad reports and enraged that I couldn't back it up properly. If they gave a shit about homework, it would have been done. Well now I'm going to be a Nazi about homeworks so this week I get to start the detentions :)

Confused as to why it was bad enough to withdraw the job offer but not bad enough to fire me right away or do any sort of scrutiny. I'm staying to get a good reference and hopefully some good exam results to give me a tack record to use in private tutoring.

It's good that your story didn't turn out to bad. It's possible the main complainers have some relationship with a school board member and so principal had to look like he/she was doing something about it.

Honestly, you might give it a little more time but not so much that they have hired someone else and write the principal an email asking him reconsider because you feel you are a really good fit for the school.

Something to think about.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
So update on guy at work, since the talk guy has looked respectable every since. His wife actually came up to me the following week at trivia night we were both at and thanked me for getting on his case. So apparently his wife had been telling him already to dress better my input was the straw that broke the camels back, So now he wears what his wife tells him to wear. Today he wore a tie to work for the first time and he told people he wore it because his wife asked him to, then multiple ladies were like can you teach my husband to listen.

(that is the sound of my eyes rolling in my head)

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
So the new job is great! Hit it off with the boss so far and chum it up throughout the day. Real minor and maybe I'm just socially inept, but he's frequently like, "hey lets do lunch, hey let's do coffee break, etc."

There really isn't a way to turn this friendly gesture down with out offending right? Ofc I've responded yes or "oh how about tomorrow?", if I was low on bread.

I'm guessing this social stuff is normal office politics? :eek:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
So the new job is great! Hit it off with the boss so far and chum it up throughout the day. Real minor and maybe I'm just socially inept, but he's frequently like, "hey lets do lunch, hey let's do coffee break, etc."

There really isn't a way to turn this friendly gesture down with out offending right? Ofc I've responded yes or "oh how about tomorrow?", if I was low on bread.

I'm guessing this social stuff is normal office politics? :eek:

Why do you want to turn it down? You should want to be on the friendliest terms possible with your boss. I guarantee it makes a difference. If it's a money thing that is perfectly understandable, and if It's you need to get shit done that is totally understandable as well.
Being chummy with your boss though can make the difference in certain situations.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I supposed I am concerned it would turn into an every day affair ($15/20) which would end up becoming a significant cost. (Downtown NYC) I'll continue being chummy and just start bringing lunch eventually. Just a minor nitpick that I have to partake in mandatory fun instead of spending my lunch break doing what I want.

Boo hoo me right? :p

• 1Like

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
I supposed I am concerned it would turn into an every day affair ($15/20) which would end up becoming a significant cost. (Downtown NYC) I'll continue being chummy and just start bringing lunch eventually. Just a minor nitpick that I have to partake in mandatory fun instead of spending my lunch break doing what I want.

Boo hoo me right? :p
Yeah, first world problem. The key is to navigate a happy medium. Perhaps work it so you guys go to lunch together on Fridays only.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Smokin HR chick is in the lunch lounge as I walk in to get water and randomly blurts out "mannn I could use a beer, OR SEX" as I walk by. I look at her and mumble ummm, pause for a moment then blurt out a cheesy "well, good luck with that!" She giggles.

Women. o_O

• 1Like

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Smokin HR chick is in the lunch lounge as I walk in to get water and randomly blurts out "mannn I could use a beer, OR SEX" as I walk by. I look at her and mumble ummm, pause for a moment then blurt out a cheesy "well, good luck with that!" She giggles.

Women. o_O

giphy.gif

• 2Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande

Women. o_O
Was she in a banana costume?

• 1Solidarity

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider

Women. o_O

This is where you use the Ron Swanson move and refer to her by the wrong name. Or if you don't care about the job you could mention to her you got some beer in your car out in the parking lot.

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Women. o_O
These guys are just negative nancys. Be the change we can believe in. Bang that girl out in the stock room.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Sadly (or fortunately), I care about this job. I also learned the company ink lesson quite a few jobs ago. ;)

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Uhh, so if your boss asks you to proof read a memo chock full of grammar issues; do you make corrections on the memo and hand it back to him? o_O

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Uhh, so if your boss asks you to proof read a memo chock full of grammar issues; do you make corrections on the memo and hand it back to him? o_O

Yes. Just say "I fixed a few minor typos" even if you totally rewrote it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity