Skyforge anyone following this?

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
gl if you go with monk route. it is going to be very difficult. Dps aint on par with other melee, survivability either, on the 13k-22k open zone monk was especially rare, and the one that was preset at times had very hard time. But hey if you dig it go for it
smile.png
, no pain no gain right ?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah got some time off as well so been grinding it out on this trying to get to gunner, seems it'll take at least another week to even get to the class. Game is enjoyable though its hard to tell if the game goes through massive difficulty spikes or it just relies on the player to not be completely retarded and know what they are doing because some groups will just tear through the dungeons then others its as if you are the only one actually playing.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Both actually Croetec. If people are inflating their prestige they may have shit gear/stats/talents and be holding the group back. There are also people that play a class as soon as they unlock it thus being entirely useless if you get one of those. None of the dungeons are difficult in my opinion but they all do have their 1 shot mechanics as well so it is up to the user.

To the person going monk, I am going to echo Nyn's sentiments. Good luck, not to deter you and Nyn can correct me if I am wrong, but my understand that they are the worst class in the game at the moment as they get beat in every category by everybody else. I also hear some of their animations are glitched currently (I have experienced this in wind stance) so they don't actually hit at all sometimes.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even if the monk sucks I am having fun as the lightbringer, I just want the monk because since Aion (and honestly most of my life) I have been in love with staff fighters. Even if it does completely suck I can whack a few things then swap to a more functional class. That is really a great thing about this game. None of the work is really lost, it all adds up.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah , true enough. Keep in mind tho, completely fullfilling a class atlas net you 2 symbols slots, alternative class costume, and more important a class symbol slot. Now some class symbols are REALLY good, while other are somewhat useless (you can check the symbol class on the symbol tabs, they got the icon of the class). Also to fullfill a class completely it takes 3 weeks, so its kinda important to plan ahead.

As you said it all adds up in the end, but its better to have some things earlier than late.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As you said it all adds up in the end, but its better to have same things earlier than late.
Like the paladin symbol. Holy shit, that is a gamechanger. Worth it to do as a first - or maybe even better, second class, so you can use the first class to farm sparks for it; paladin is brutal to solo farm class sparks with. That symbol though makes life a hell of alot easier.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
kinetic, berserk, pala, archer, lightbringer, alchemist (whats called the one with tentacles), have alll extremely good symbols.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So you can only do Invasion stuff if part of a Pantheon? Anyone running a Pantheon?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah still enjoying this as a time waster till Crowfall testing comes up. I am splitting time tween this and Tera. Both are not all that filling but definitely fun and easy to pick up and bail on.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
So whats the best melee build for someone that doesnt want to spend a dime and wants to maximize their time?

sebur

Bronze Squire
Best melee build for what? If you are talking dps, there is no beginner class that is a melee dps. If you want a melee dps and want one quick that can still be useful , go slayer, if you can stand waiting beserker is the better choice but further way. If you want a hybrid where you go in for melee to do tremendous burst, then sit and range until that CD is back up, go kinetic.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
For a great melee class I would go Paladin and get everything there so you get the class skill. Then if you want to slaughter shit probably Beserker, for huge hits, or slayer for stealthy thief like gameplay. Monk is a blast to watch and play but the class is kinda shitty still. I have Monk capped and it probably does half of what my only half leveled Kinetic does. Aesthetics wise the monk is AMAZING, but the dps is just lacking and you work 2 times as hard to get that crappy dps. Time wise though that will be a month or more of gameplay to get the classes unlocked and leveled, but paladin is fun and effective for a starting class.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've played Berserker now, not too TOO onerous to get to, and it is effective as hell. Paladin is worth it for the symbol, though from what I've seen it isn't as effective a tank as Knight, it can still do the job.

I finally made it to gunner and it is glorious. I have no doubt that the DPS on it is well behind Berserker, Kinetic and probably witch and archer, and it sure as hell does not deserve to be as far the hell out there as it is, but it is quite satisfying to drop mortars on shit, then flamethrower it in the face and blast it to pieces.

sebur

Bronze Squire
From my understanding Gunner beats everything aside from Berserker, Kinetic, and Witch. Also I think Paladin beats Knight for tanking since they can dual shield but maybe I am wrong.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I got into this a few days ago. Lot's of fun, surprised I hadn't heard of the game until now. I started off as a Paladin and enjoyed it for the first day or so, but then dungeons started getting hard. I ran into some fish boss that I died to on the paladin like 6 times trying to beat him, and couldn't win since it was so melee unfriendly. Swapped to the cryomancer, which I hadn't touched at all previously (0 sparks spent in the tree), and beat that boss first try with just the mages basic attack and the starting meteor. I guess like most games, melee get boned compared to ranged for the hard stuff, so I'm going to be focusing on cryomancer once the weekly spark limits reset tomorrow.

I tried out all the classes in the training simulator, and my original plan was to work towards slayer since I seriously enjoyed that gameplay. Reading online though, sounds like slayer is only viable in pvp and sucks terribly in pve, so I guess that kills that idea. Now I'm on the fence about what to unlock instead. Thinking either warlock or berserker. Most info online says to pretty much go gunner or go home when it comes to dps, but I didn't like gunner when trying it in the simulator, not to mention gunner is across the world in africa on the sphere grid, so it would take more than a week or so to even unlock it.

Overall the game's fun (at least so far at ~3 days in).

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Tried it a while back, the hard limit on shit you can do daily takes away all the fun. Gave up on it after a week.

Gonna take this chance to shill Factorio, the best game ever made (Other Games forum).

Argarth

On the verandah
Grinding a class I didn't want to play to get to the one(s) I did killed it for me.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The weekly limits on progression currency, and being required to start your career as only 3 of the 12'ish classes for the first 1-3 weeks are downsides for certain. From what I read, your weekly caps increase every week, with special quests on saturday to greatly raise the caps permanently for newer players as a way to catch up to vets. Still sucks early on, which is a questionable tactic since the first few days are when you need to hook new players, not just tell them it gets better later. From what I understand, once a character is made, they continue to accumulate higher caps each week even if inactive, something to consider if your account is old and caps were the only downside.

After this weeks reset I fully unlocked cryomancer, and it's amazing. Incredible dps, high mobility with the slide talent, strong CC, and just overall a fun playstyle which I'm enjoying. As for unlocking advanced classes, I'm kind of all over the map and screwed myself for the short term. I originally was working towards slayer, found out they suck currently, so re-routed on the grid to work towards warlock. After spending a few thousand sparks progressing towards warlock, I read more online that makes warlocks sound squishy in solo content, so I re-route again and decide to bite the bullet and work towards gunner. I spend the rest of this weeks currency working towards gunner, then I get a bonus quest that lets you preview gunner for a quest.

Playing gunner through an entire dungeon firmly cemented the fact that I really despise gunner gameplay, and won't be using it no matter how OP it might be. Now my upper atlas is all over the place partially towards a bunch of classes but out of reach of all of them, with me capped for the week again. Saving grace is that I have cryomancer mastered, so I can at least play and enjoy that for the moment. I think after next weeks reset (or this saturday depending how much these catchup quests boost the caps) I'm going to go back to my very original plan and unlock slayer. Even if it isn't king of the hill for dps rankings, I enjoy the mechanics and playstyle so much I'll make it work.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
This game is now free to play on Xbox one. I can't really put my finger on why I like it so much. If anyone is interested I am in a really good pantheon. Send me a message and I will get you in.

I enjoy switchin between this game and smite