Skyforge anyone following this?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
You need to basically spend enough money each month to get premium. You can do this by buying alternate currency with your "gold" in game or with cash. It's basically a subscription mmo called ftp.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm okay with FTP --> subscribe-to-win. Subscription is low enough that the entertainment value / dollar is better than almost anything else I could do.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
It's not subscription to win per say. You have a weekly cap on crystals you use to level. When you sub, every time you get crystals you get 50% more. Basically you finish your weekly grind 33% faster with a sub.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think endgame for Skyforge is: attain "God Form", join a Pantheon, rank up Pantheon to unlock Raids (large group / small group), open world Raids, Pantheon vs. Pantheon wars. I have no idea what all those are like, since they were just patched into the NA/Eu version today, but have been around for awhile in the RU version.

The biggest benefit for having Premium status is the ability to earn Sparks of Evolution, which can used for any class. Once you open all the nodes within a Class Atlas, you will begin to earn Sparks of Evolution while playing that class. These can then be used to open nodes in any other Class Atlas you have unlocked. People without premium would have to play that new class to earn its class sparks, but the Evolution sparks are also capped just like Class sparks, so they are limited. It is nice being able to play my Archer and unlock skills/talents for my Kinetic.

The patch today brought a lot of changes, mostly minor, but it seems to me that Impossible solo missions are quite a bit easier, or maybe the change to the Archers burning dot is more powerful than I imagined.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
Saw mention of this online so I hit their site. Saw it had a gunner class. Loved that class in Tera so I signed up and downloaded it. Clicked around in the tutorial a bit and then found out you aren't allowed to play the class you want. You have to play some class you don't want for a month or so to unlock some other class which may in turn lead to the class you want to play. Beyond lame. Uninstalled...

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Now if you would have dropped 60 bucks a few months ago on the Founder's pack or something, you would have Gunner unlocked from the get go!

LOL. You are right, it is beyond lame. I am still playing this shit though because it is kind of fun and the graphics are pretty. And working toward unlocking Gunner. It is actually worth it to play other classes first; when you max them out, you get 'symbols' with powerful abilties; like the paladin one: Incoming damage is completely absorbed if it is more than 10% of the maximum health. The character becomes immune to all damage and negative effects for 4 seconds. The effect is activated no more than once every 70 seconds. Except it resets for every new combat, not 70 seconds, as I understand it.

Hmm, alright, that is still kind of lame. Fun enough for a month or two though and you can't beat the price.

sebur

Bronze Squire
My problem is their recent patch screwed up getting drops. Since they made it so any prestige can group together and you no longer have to be close it "normalizes" the dungeon which lowers the quality of the drops which has lead me to get absolutely worthless gear in places that if they were my prestige level I would be getting upgrades. That is my only qualm, that and the cap.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Saw mention of this online so I hit their site. Saw it had a gunner class. Loved that class in Tera so I signed up and downloaded it. Clicked around in the tutorial a bit and then found out you aren't allowed to play the class you want. You have to play some class you don't want for a month or so to unlock some other class which may in turn lead to the class you want to play. Beyond lame. Uninstalled...
A month? in a month i opened 3 classes already ( archer, kinetic and lock). it is really not that hard tbh, as far you plan the atlas nodes.

My problem is their recent patch screwed up getting drops. Since they made it so any prestige can group together and you no longer have to be close it "normalizes" the dungeon which lowers the quality of the drops which has lead me to get absolutely worthless gear in places that if they were my prestige level I would be getting upgrades. That is my only qualm, that and the cap.
Are you totally sure bout that? From what ive seen the system normalize to the higher prestige (not the lowest), all the groups ive been in, either i was buffed up, or the rest of my group was (in that case they all had way lower prestige than me). You should check with the loot spreadsheet and see how s youre prestige (control difficulty)/proficency (control loot quality) ratio was, cause it may be that it was too low for the istance to drop stuff useful to you.

To make it clear, even if your prestige is high enough to open new dungeons, but your proficency isnt, you will still get crap drops, with the added bonus of having more difficult istances.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A month? in a month i opened 3 classes already ( archer, kinetic and lock). it is really not that hard tbh, as far you plan the atlas nodes.
And if the class you want to play isnt one of the ones closer to where you start it takes 3 weeks before you can play it. Still not a good situation.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, am not saying its a good thing, but people tend to exagerate, furthest it take from what ive seen its monk with 3 weeks (if im not mistaken). Its a free game, not really perfect and id like too to stat with the class i wished for, but it is their way to invest ppl into playing (or not playing in his case). Its not ideal i agree, but not too bad either. The caps on other hand really ruin my desire to play.

sebur

Bronze Squire

Are you totally sure bout that? From what ive seen the system normalize to the higher prestige (not the lowest), all the groups ive been in, either i was buffed up, or the rest of my group was (in that case they all had way lower prestige than me). You should check with the loot spreadsheet and see how s youre prestige (control difficulty)/proficency (control loot quality) ratio was, cause it may be that it was too low for the istance to drop stuff useful to you.

To make it clear, even if your prestige is high enough to open new dungeons, but your proficency isnt, you will still get crap drops, with the added bonus of having more difficult istances.
Yes. My prof is at almost 1100 with only 13k prestige. The dungeons should be dropping around 900 prof items but instead they are dropping in the high 600 to low 700. This is due to how the system handles the new grouping from what I can tell. What I mean by this is the dungeon difficulty they said is set to "normal" a lot of this this leaves me in a lower tier than I should be. An example would be I should be able to get a 3 skull lets say Thais Temple, but due to the normalization and people available I can only get a 2 skull. That being said I unless I am missing something I noticed is that I can no longer select difficulties either.

If you know something I don't man, I am all ears, I stopped running dungeons and started just killing shit in eskennien (sp?) peninsula exclusively because I am actually getting 950+ prof drops that I can actually use and are upgrades.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
But do you go random (queque) or premade and then select? After the patch i always went random, so the dungeon in every group i been normalized to the highest proficency player. If you go with a premade group and select it, it may be different. I can select difficulties np on the map so i dont know whats the problem there. What ive noticed is that the various istances dont automatically switch to the highest difficulty available, in fact i had to manually select it (noticed today after having the dungeon that were supposed to drop upgrades from the loot spreadsheet, kept dropping low lvl stuff).

sebur

Bronze Squire
I have not tried in a premade, which is funny that you mentioned that as me and my friend were yelling at our lower prestige friend to catch up so we can try that. My experience is only from doing random group finder.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
that it is really strange. I know that the dungeon normalize on the highest prestige players cause ive checked the prestige on the other ppl i grouped after patch. The time i got buffed up to 150k hp (i have 48k) othe 4 ppl had around 30k prestige when i had 20k. The other 3 times i grouped i saw ppl with from 5 to 9k prestige grouping up with me, and them boosting up to 70k to 90k hp. The loot quality at time, both was in line with what i was supposed to get.

I only did tho group instance and not solo istance in groupfinder. Wouldnt know what could possibly cause this.

Anyway checking on the loot spreadsheet stuff, with the amount of prestige/prof you said you had (13k/1.1k) the only istance that would give you chances for an upgrade would be kyris/cromwell platform/aristel farm for solo and daren facility for 5man. Rest would just give you trash.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Yup, it was the doing a random group finder thing. I was able to pick level with my similar prestige friends and get some upgrades.

You happen to know anything about Gunner? I have a Kinetic which I love then I tried out Archer once I maxed Kinetic and the Archer just doesn't put out the damage like my Kinetic does. I am afraid Gunner won't either as I hear basically it is Kinetic/Beserker then everybody else. Hoping that isn't the case though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing beats Kinetic/Zerker for burst damage. I imagine the Gunner is similar to the Archer for sustained damage.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
i kinda dislike gunner ( at least from the trial grounds). From what ive read and seen, basically bursting tops classes are kinetic (first)/ zerk (2nd), as zindan stated. Sustained it seem to be lock/archers. Aoe again lock (first)/ archers. Rest all seem bit behind those (dps wise in a pve situation obv).

My maxed out kinetic, generally kill a boss in a 2 sledghammer rotations, no otheclasses i have come close to it (havent got a berseker yet tho).

Lock is again incredible dmg, but mana consumption is quite huge as well, but i kinda prefer to the kinetic in a group enviroment due to the range factor.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I gave this a second look from the beta, I am glad I did. First off anyone following Crowfall should give this a whirl. Semi action combat kinda like Tera or closer to Neverwinter. However as you level you gain many options for the three starting classes. The leveling tree is like nothing I have seen other than Path of Exile. You do the same dungeon over and over but they level with you. The outdoor zones are very large and can serve as good quest hubs to solo in as well as some soloable dungeons but most you can get a 3 man group in 3 minutes or less since it scales you to the highest prestige player in the group. I am playing a Lightbinder and there are no heals so far, just shields that last at max 10 seconds or so. Healing balls pop out of the mobs as they die or in the case of bigger mobs as they take damage. So that is the hook to the Crowfall waiters.

I am leveling towards the Monk class, and holy shit it will take me a week or more and I am poopsocking at the moment due to time off. However the monk simply looks a-fucking-mazing, I got to practice with it a bit and it flows from earth fire and water stances all with their own group of moves and standing still poses.