Skyforge anyone following this?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You earn Sparks of Evolution even if you're not Premium, and they will also stop dropping once you hit the Class Spark cap. The only thing that being Premium does for you is give a 50% bonus to all rewards (sparks, materials, credits) that you earn from instances/regions/dungeons...so you just hit the cap faster than non-Premiums.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You earn Sparks of Evolution even if you're not Premium, and they will also stop dropping once you hit the Class Spark cap. The only thing that being Premium does for you is give a 50% bonus to all rewards (sparks, materials, credits) that you earn from instances/regions/dungeons...so you just hit the cap faster than non-Premiums.
Currently in the game you dont earn Sparks of Evolution rather than your class sparks when youve capped a class. That comes in an upcoming QoL patch.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Yup, as Byr said, you no longer get Spark of Evolution once you are maxed on class sparks. I think I would be ok with having a Sparks of Insight cap if there wasn't a class sparks/sparks of evolution cap. Would make more sense that way as I could still progress with stuff I already have instead of being able to do absolutely nothing.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, you do indeed earn Evo's while playing a Mastered class while not at cap, whether you are premium or not...or so one of the "EG" people said ingame when I asked about this. At first I had thought those people with Premium status would continue to earn Evo's while playing a Mastered class even if capped, but no, the Evo's share the same cap as Class sparks. I Mastered my archer this past wednesday before hitting the Class spark cap, and I've only played the archer since then. I ended up with just under 3k Evo sparks once I hit the Class spark cap and then spent them all on my Kinetic (reached 15k prestige and opened a replicator thing that gave 800 of each colored spark). So, unless something changed in the past couple days, people can still earn Evo's while playing a Mastered class. Unless the EG person was wrong and you actually do need to be Premium to get Evos.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah you do need to get premium to earn them. My premium ran out 4 -5 days ago, was playing with a maxed archer raising a kinetic, and then i suddenly start to earn archer sparks even if i was maxed. Atm only way to get evolution is to be premium, at least from my own experience.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can earn evolution outside of premium. When you play one of the 2x class bonuses you get them for example.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
hmm you mean on the mission? yeah i guess didnt thought about that.

On another note ive reached credit cap today, is quite annoying, as even when you break down items, you stop getting enhancment stones, so basically is pointless to play considering inventory space is quite small. Luckily tomorrow is reset, but i think the cap condition are tooo harsh really, i realy dont understand their reason behind this, cant be longevity of the game, even with doubling the sparks cap it still would take quite a ton of time to complete the atlas, as the more you spread out the more the single node cost, ive come acrosss single small nodes that costs 850.. so.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
X3DlMKz.png

ridiculous

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
X3DlMKz.png

ridiculous
haha yeah that is the same step i was capped last week and was whining about. the 2nd part of the zone will give item with proficency required of 1280s around, now i dont know you but being around 15.7k prestige my proficency is around 1120ish... and that after few days of farming (sparks cap already met at that time) and raising my prestige from 13,something to 14k to unlock the spark bonuses.

Guess even with this week reset i wont be able to hit the 23.8k required, not sure (last week total went from 8 or 9k to 15.7k). Hopefully tho to clear most of the zone and to use the items i guess it should be ok a proficency of aroud 20k. But yeah...is quite retarded, also cause you cannot reset the quest you have done in the open zone untill you clear it completely, which mean we cant even go back and farm the first part ofthe zonefor items.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
What the fuck were you guys expecting? Do you not remember their first game? Why would you even install this trash?!

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the fuck were you guys expecting? Do you not remember their first game? Why would you even install this trash?!
I enjoyed playing it for a few weeks and it really doesnt take much time at all. Play, hit cap, stop playing for that week. Im about done though, needing close to double my current prestige to progress the story is the straw that broke the camels back. Ill find some sense and just reinstall Tera rather than play Skyforge.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prestige is pretty easy to get really. Use the Lootbracket spreadsheet to find where you can go to get the best gear for your pres/prof, work on your Order, work towards a new Class / Symbol...prestige will just roll in. Its not like these quests are all that important.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Im no where near the point you guys are (2500 prestige) but I really do enjoy this so far. I think its being able to log in, kill things, and see some progress towards a goal plus being able to try out all kinds of different classes.

I can see when you get to the point where you are no longer making suitable forward progression that it could get cumbersome, but until I reach that level this is entertaining.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah low level prestige flows pretty good, as the rewards are not big enough to cap you fast and the nodes dont cost too much either, so you have a feeling of steady progression. At higher prestige, everything slows down, which is ok, my only beef with it is having the prestige to do a open zone/istance, but not the proficency to use the rewards (you cant actively farm for proficency, as is tied to green/red nodes).

Beside that i really love the depth of characters progression, wish more games would go that deep as skyforge/PoE, and new patch with god form will open up another layer in the atlas.

All in all i still playing, mostly cause i want to open few classes that interest me and the character progress satisfy the need of my min/max ocd, but game has huge flaws (caps being the biggest imho), especially the que system (can que to only 1 thing at time, you cant do other stuff while queing etc). Still more than decent for a ftp title.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can be running around any of the open world zones while in queue for an instance, you can even switch to another class while in queue. Working on your Order is just as important as running instances to raise your Prestige, it replaces Spark farming once you're at the cap. You get nice buffs from upgrading Temples and building Chapels (getting the materials can kinda such depending on where they are located).

Here is a better gear lootspreadsheet to use:
Loots

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I kinda feel like the Order / Adept stuff in SkyForge is quite a bit nicer than the Garrison in WoW. It certainly is a feature I was not expecting to see in the game when it popped up.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can be running around any of the open world zones while in queue for an instance, you can even switch to another class while in queue. Working on your Order is just as important as running instances to raise your Prestige, it replaces Spark farming once you're at the cap. You get nice buffs from upgrading Temples and building Chapels (getting the materials can kinda such depending on where they are located).

Here is a better gear lootspreadsheet to use:
Loots
true at low lvl prestige cause you can clear a whole open zone. At high prestige (starting from 12k or around there) you go to an open zone that spread from 12 14k to 20k, and the reward from the last bosses of the zone requires 2k+ proficency (im 20k prestige and 1500ish something proficency). Which mean last part of the open zone is extremely hard, and silly to do unless you want to get item you cant use to lay on your inventory. But unless you clear the whole zone you cant reset it, which mean the doable part with quest reward you can use cant be done either. So for the past 2 weeks everytime i quequed for something i just had to wait doing nothing, cause the open zone i was in wasnt reset (previious ones were pointless), and i had not the proficency to use upgrades (mobs were 1 shotting me too as well), wasting 20 30 minutes or more depending on which group instance i quequed for.

Also its not really always optimal to raise prestige, from what ive read prestige govern difficulty, while proficency control loot level of an instance (or so is what i noticed), so if you pump your order too much too fast you risk to raise too much prestige, and going into some very difficult instance for very pretty lame rewards.

Happened to me too last week, i was at point where instance trash pack has over 8k hp, and didnt drop any upgrade (i had pushed my order alot last week), but raising my proficency a little bit this week, and was lucky to get into easier kind of instance with trash at 5k hp ( so way easier) which dropped huge upgrades.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get what you're saying, and I agree. I've renamed Skyforge into "QueForge" many times. =)

I usually give a queue about 5min before running the instance Solo, during that time I just watch Region chat to see anyone is forming up a Group instance that I want to run, or I mention that I am looking for a couple other people to farm 1 or 2 of the Squad instances that have the gear in my Prof range. The way difficulty is determined in this game is strange, and its why I like those lootbracket spreadsheets so much.

Just find the lowest Prestige (with "highest" difficulty) / highest prof range and farm it. Example, at 22k Prestige with 1470 Prof (and using the 1162-1442 range), I saw that Kyris had the highest difficulty ( 4 skulls ), but lowest Prestige requirement (18610), so I found a couple other people who wanted to farm it (and Port Usuni, which took longer). Super easy, and quick to run with 3 people. Feel free to add me ingame: Ethan Voss.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My friend and I are looking into this...how is the cash shop?

Is it P2W, or can it be ignored?