Skyrim

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
They have mod packs now. But requires vortex premium for a month, like $5 or some shit. I mean you can do it without premium and still download the pack but you have to sit there and install each one by one. Last time I played skyrim I used this one...

ITs literally like 2 clicks to install over 400 mods all handpicked to work together. Then just launch from vortex using the script extender exe. I would of course start with a fresh Skyrim download from steam.

It's 2 clicks if you have Premium, otherwise its a billion clicks for the big mod packs. Still easier than doing it from scratch though.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Question for the room: When I play Morrowind (which is soon(tm) ) should I play it with the Skywind mod (or whatever the HD remaster mod is)? Or should I go old school and play it "as intended" with its original look? What about Oblivion?

Like I mentioned somewhere on here, I loved Arena and Daggerfall for what they were, despite the dated graphics, because it felt like looking at a historical artifact. I feel like Morrowind is a similar situation where I should play the original version, warts and all. Skyrim on the other hand is a modern game, so mod away and make it look as good as possible, NP. Oblivion I'm not sure about, since it's in the middle.
I'd play the old version, either "vanilla" with mods, or try this out: OpenMW

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Get Flower Girls and bang your way across Skyrim.

What is Flower Girls?

*googles it*

Oh, it turns all the NPCs into hot women? Well, that's a thought.

I'd play the old version, either "vanilla" with mods, or try this out: OpenMW

OpenMW looks good.

I've got the Morrowind copy that includes the Morrowind Construction Set on another disc. Never fooled with it, I guess that's a mod-creating tool of some sort? I figured it was a dungeon designer or something. As a kid I was super into that kind of stuff, and when RPG Maker dropped on the PS1 I spent four straight days working on it (still my record for longest time playing, or doing, anything without sleep).

I still haven't gotten to Morrowind, and now I'm planning to play lots of From games in 2023...maybe I'll get back to ES in 2024

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What is Flower Girls?

*googles it*

Oh, it turns all the NPCs into hot women? Well, that's a thought.

OpenMW looks good.

I've got the Morrowind copy that includes the Morrowind Construction Set on another disc. Never fooled with it, I guess that's a mod-creating tool of some sort? I figured it was a dungeon designer or something. As a kid I was super into that kind of stuff, and when RPG Maker dropped on the PS1 I spent four straight days working on it (still my record for longest time playing, or doing, anything without sleep).

I still haven't gotten to Morrowind, and now I'm planning to play lots of From games in 2023...maybe I'll get back to ES in 2024
It also adds the ability to romance and bang a bunch of the NPCs via doing some interesting quest chains.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SkyrimVR through steamVR is the best way I’ve ever played. I did a write up in the Vr thread for all the mods and how to load it.

• 1Truth!

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Youtube threw up a Skyrim video on my recommendeds that led me deep down a rabbit hole for the last week or so, looking at videos on various mods. I've been planning for a long time to do at least one more Skyrim playthrough before Starfield came out, and I guess that's happening now (or at least after I finish my current Bannerlord campaign). Will also be my first time doing more than extremely light modding for a playthrough.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Could you link to that post?
I had to go digging. I also post somewhere down the line the best settings.

SkyrimVR mods and settings:

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Question. Skyrim Special Edition for PS5 is on sale in the PS Store for $10 for a few days. Does that include the DLCs?

Cause it's pretty unclear here. Special edition just says "PS4 and PS5 game included" and then next to it is Anniversary Edition (for 5x more) that says "Includes Dragonborn, etc etc, and Creation Club content". And there's no way to just get the DLCs by themselves from the PS store that I can see. There's also a $10 "Anniversary Edition upgrade" so in theory you could pair that with the SE download and get the AE for $20 instead of its normal $50. Except the AE Upgrade doesn't say anything about the DLCs, it just says "Adds more Creation Club content".

This whole thing is vague and confusing enough for me to just empty the cart and move on with my day. Skyrim is pretty much the last big last-gen game that I don't have so I've been keeping a lookout for a PS5 version sale for a while, but I want to make sure I also have the DLCs or have a way to get them.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Special Edition is the game with the original 3 DLC packs. The Anniversary Edition will just upgrade the Special Edition with the creation club content. I bought the SE edition for my PS5 last year and upgraded it with the AE update and had everything.

Game holds up pretty well all said and done. I downloaded the unofficial skyrim patch that you can get from the mod store or whatever and everything worked fine.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Special Edition is the game with the original 3 DLC packs. The Anniversary Edition will just upgrade the Special Edition with the creation club content. I bought the SE edition for my PS5 last year and upgraded it with the AE update and had everything.

Game holds up pretty well all said and done. I downloaded the unofficial skyrim patch that you can get from the mod store or whatever and everything worked fine.

Awesome, thanks. That's what I figured. They just worded the descriptions all weird and didn't mention the DLCs in the SE description or the AE upgrade description, just the pack that includes both.

I think $10 is a total steal, especially now that there's finally a PS5 version. This pretty much finishes off everything I wanted from last gen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users